New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop (1987) Auto 9 - Help Needed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

nickc
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Firstly I would like to say how happy I am for finally joining the forum.

I am presently working on modifying an old airsoft gun to be as screen accurate as possible, but cannot seem to find information on the original gun in the 1987 movie. Most of the images on Google are the airsoft versions and are not very accurate, they are more Robocop inspired.

I have attached an image of what I am working with and the only picture I can find of the screen used gun.

This is where I need your help. Does anyone have clear images of the screen used gun or behind the scene images that could also be used as reference ? I have grabbed some hd images from the movie, but the gun is usually darkly lit or in motion and therefore not very helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

RB 85

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:35 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the club, nickc!

Not sure this'll be of any help but I like what you're trying to do. What little info is provided claims this is a screen used gun. I don't know. It's definitely not an airsoft and it looks to be a blank or cap firing gun. Pictures kinda suck too. I assume you're wanting your project to be '87 specific. Good luck! I think tiny details have been changed on the gun throughout the entirety of Robo's live action appearances. I could be wrong but it seems like most, if not all, of the airsoft replica versions have been modeled after the R3 gun, most noticeable with the more squared/sharper edges on the rear sight.
Anyway here's the link

http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongallery/displayimage.php?album=153&pid=2574#top_display_media

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
nickc
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote

Thanks POCOBOR for the info.

Do you know if there are images of the screen used gun from R3 ?

Will post an update later of where I am at with the modifications, but until then if anyone has information, please post.

Thanks

RB 85

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Honestly I don't know of many pics of any screen used guns out there. I saw one a while back claiming to be a blank firing screen used '87 gun from a producer on the film with a 'certificate of authenticity' but in the close up pics they showed it clearly said "air pistol" on the side. If I recall they were asking $5500 for the gun.
I remember seeing screen used guns from Prime Directives somewhere and I remember a YouTube video where a movie props master was showing guns and he had the Auto-9 used in Sin City but I think that gun was a modified 92 Beretta-single shot. The screen used gun you posted is a first for me. Definitely looks like the real deal though.

RB 1391

nickc
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Here are a couple of updated pictures of the process so far.

Hopefully I can make some major progress in the coming week.

Enjoy

RB 85

nickc
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote

Here are a few pics of my progress, which has been extremely slow. Got the rear sight made and the underside of the barrel, where it meets the handle, re-shaped. Now working on the grips which is a little problematic, as I don't have very many pictures of it.

Take a look and post any comments or questions.

Enjoy.

RB 85

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:58 am Reply with quote

Dude that's looking great! I have a KSC gun but I'd love to have a R1 specific replica if you happen to make more😄
As far as reference pics, the one you have is probably the only one I've ever seen of the screen used one if its legit. I know the Auto-9 designer Randy E. Moore is on Facebook. Not sure how responsive he is...😏

RB 1391

nickc
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:03 am Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
Dude that's looking great! I have a KSC gun but I'd love to have a R1 specific replica if you happen to make more😄
As far as reference pics, the one you have is probably the only one I've ever seen of the screen used one if its legit. I know the Auto-9 designer Randy E. Moore is on Facebook. Not sure how responsive he is...😏

Thanks for the encouraging words. I will try and contact Randy on Facebook and see if he responds, thanks for the info.

I did find a picture of the other side of this gun, but it's pretty bad.

Nick.

RB 85

nickc
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
I know the Auto-9 designer Randy E. Moore is on Facebook. Not sure how responsive he is...😏

Tried finding him, but no luck. Do you have any further information, so I can contact him... please.

RB 85

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote

nickc :
POCOBOR :
I know the Auto-9 designer Randy E. Moore is on Facebook. Not sure how responsive he is...😏

Tried finding him, but no luck. Do you have any further information, so I can contact him... please.

PM'd you.

RB 1391

nickc
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote

After long delays and multiple distractions, I am finally complete.

It isn't 100% accurate, but as close as I can get given the limited information and time.

Take a look, enjoy and if you have any questions or comments, just ask.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8yCCEpXBeaMRkJscGo2NEQ1UVE

PS. Apologies for the link, but couldn't figure out how to get the images to show from my Google Drive Sad

RB 85

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:57 pm Reply with quote

Looks great! Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote

I've been waiting for an update on this. It's such a cool project and some details that get overlooked quite often. Details that I never caught until relatively recently. It looks really good! And that display is pretty badass too. If you get the urge to mass produce, I want one. Very Happy

RB 1391

nickc
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Looks great! Smile

Thanks

RB 85

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard