New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboDoc - New Robo Documentary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

drsyn71
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:27 am Reply with quote

October 17th
Walmart exclusive Steelbook

RoboDoc: The Creation of RoboCop takes an in-depth look into the ground breaking franchise and features new interviews with cast and crew, including Hollywood icons such as Peter Weller, Diane Robin, Ronny Cox, Nancy Allen, Ray Wise, director Paul Verhoeven & more.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
Meet the Makers
Roboteam Assemble
Major Firepower
Call to Action
Robocast quotes
Art of the Steel
Part Man, Part Machine, All Videogame
Gins! Guns! Guns!
Trailer
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 track
Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Robodoc-The-Creation-of-Robocop-Steelbook-Walmart-Exclusive-Blu-Ray-Starring-Peter-Weller/2846418384?fbclid=IwAR2GPFsOvF99WKv0JpUA6k_s2WHSqB8uTAvZlYriTReuHcRriWlkITtMT4I

RB 1002

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:36 am Reply with quote

Diane Robin (Cassandra, the secretary and Kurtwood Smith's wife) is a Hollywood icon and gets a mention in the blurb but her husband doesn't? Who writes these things? The one for the series was equally as bad and not fact-checked or given any quality control!

RB 18145

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Well for those in the US with Scream Box, you can watch part 1 right now. Anyone have it here? Aparently a deal for physical releases will be announced shortly and backers will start receiving their copies. Would be nice to get it before Christmas.

RB 18145

edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:47 pm Reply with quote

Watched the first episode last night around 10AM EST. A lot of new stuff that I didn't know about. I was 8 minutes in and Im like there's another hour or so of this episode? Crazy amount of info. Also in the credits, at the very end, they thanked robocoparchive.com and all its users which was nice. I really want to see Robocop Season 2 though, that's what im really waiting on. I also preordered the steelbook from walmart with the link posted above. For screambox I used the coupon code SCREAM99 which made it only 99 cents for 3 months, for some reason I managed to get the code working when supposedly the deal ended? I guess its because I made my account earlier? There was another code called Terrifier which was 6 months for $14.95.

RB 1031

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:19 pm Reply with quote

I had asked the guys to update my name in the credits, they never got back to me, so not sure if they ever did. Ah well.

RB 18145

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Rick :
Aparently a deal for physical releases will be announced shortly and backers will start receiving their copies. Would be nice to get it before Christmas.

Fingers crossed!

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:58 pm Reply with quote

2nd episode in and this was totally worth the wait, ive watched it like 5 times already. Subbed for a year for screambox and preordered the steelbook. I liked the storyboards and the number of guests they had. Really nice work!

RB 1031

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:22 am Reply with quote

RoboDoc will have an UK release on December 16th. No news about the backers edition.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:58 pm Reply with quote

Backers get their DVD/Blu-ray on the same date as it is released on Amazon to buy. You can also watch the episodes weekly in the UK starting Oct 2nd on Prime Video if you can't wait until December.

As I have 2 weeks off for Christmas and usually am looking for things to do by Boxing Day, I think I'll wait for the Blu-ray and then spend an afternoon with some drinks and snacks watching it all in one go.

RB 18145

edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:43 am Reply with quote

Ive had the Walmart Exclusive Robodoc preordered for a while now and it was constantly getting stuck trying to ship, the order would seem to get to a point where it was going to get shipped and then it went to delay. While that was going on, I saw it was in stock again, so I attempted to make another order on top of my first one, that one too, looked like it was going to ship and stopped updating. Now I know why, apparently the bluray release is missing disc 2. Robodoc cant catch a break lol.

RB 1031

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:06 am Reply with quote

Yeah the US distributors messed up and only put one disc in the packaging. It is being fixed but that means there will likely be delays. Hopefully the UK release won't be affected by this, different distributor so hopefully not.

RB 18145

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:30 am Reply with quote

Rick :
Hopefully the UK release won't be affected by this, different distributor so hopefully not.

yessir

I hope that as well...

RB 11786

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:45 pm Reply with quote

Rick :
Yeah the US distributors messed up and only put one disc in the packaging.

Good thing they delayed this documentary for over a year to figure out distribution. Seems like all that extra time was worth it and they totally didn't just take the easiest and cheapest option so they could move on to whatever other documentary they are currently making...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:13 am Reply with quote

Apparently its going to stay as 1 disc for US, 2 for UK version. Saw some unhappy people replying on their facebook page. I got my Walmart Exclusive, its very nice, its only 1 disc, had 3 extra videos which I enjoyed. First extra was with the writers and director of robodoc, how they were introduced to robocop at a young age and then meeting paul for the interview, which was very cool. The other one was Randy Moore video discussing the gun and Paul Verhoeven, last one was the casting tapes which was also nice. Going to get the UK Version for the other disc. The more I learn about Paul Verhoeven the more he sounds a lot like me personality wise, not the loud part, but, you'll see I dont want to ruin it.

RB 1031

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard