New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboDoc - New Robo Documentary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Spectrum Scarlet :
But is there really much demand for it? Why waste hours shooting and editing content for an incarnation that is universally loathed by the fans? I appreciate a minority liked it, but perhaps they could pool their resources together and do an online piece on it.

While I understand the hate, it´s still RoboCop. If you´re planning to do a "classic Robo" retrospective, that was the final TV show of the character. Same if you talk about Robo-videogames: you can talk about the fun and good looking arcade games, but there´s still the shitty, hard to move RoboCop 3 for SNES or Mega Drive tongue

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:32 am Reply with quote

Archive :
This started as a RoboCop1 documentary and then grew to include Robo2 and 3 and then even the series which is pretty amazing. Adding interviews and stuff about the comics and animated shows etc would be neat, but I think this doc is already packed full as it is. I have no idea how they will be able to edit this down into a reasonable length without cutting too much good content.

There is a 4 hour long documentary about Tom Petty on Netflix. If someone took the time to make that and there are people willing to sit through it, then getting the comics and shows into a Robocop documentary should be no problem. This is the digital age, after all. Who said all movies have to be the same length? Shit, with the success of the 3 hour extended edition of Batman vs Superman its clear there is a market for longer films. Especially since no one is gonna be watching it in the theater it can be as long as they want. Who here wouldn't sit through 4 hours of Robocop documentary? Especially if that meant coverage of some of the more obscure aspects of our fandom? I imagine its gonna take at least an hour to slog though the whole 'Weller trained with a mime which helped him give a great performance' or 'Verhoeven seemed like an angry madman but it was all passion to make Robocop the best film it could be' and all those other points we've heard a million times. Imagine we could just skip past that and dig into some info we have never heard before? Sure, that is impossible because they are making a documentary for casual fans as much as us, but I can hope, right? Is it so wrong to hope they cover my favorite aspect of the Robocop franchise, comics? Sure, Robocop has appeared in 4 films which is a lot of ground to cover, but if you are counting the number of stories he has appeared in the movies are just a tiny part of the overall tapestry. There are way more comics than movies, therefore the comics should be covered. Shit, at this point I would much, much rather have a documentary solely about the Robocop comics than anything going over the first film. Is the first film the most important? Yes, but between the documentaries that are on the DVD as well as various other interviews and footage we've come across over the years is there really anything new to say? In my opinion the first movie should be just a fraction of the documentary, the familiar starting point which launches into a more in depth exploration of the whole franchise. And if it takes 4 hours to do it right, that's fine with me. 6 hours? Sure, why not? They could even split it up into episodes if they are worried about the run time. They each film could have an hour long episode devoted to it, with the comics getting an episode and the shows getting one etc. That is not an unreasonable proportion to ask for. I am not demanding that the comics be the central focus, I just don't want them ignored. Because then that is not really a comprehensive Robodoc, now is it?

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:55 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
They each film could have an hour long episode devoted to it, with the comics getting an episode and the shows getting one etc?

This

RB 4892

Ed-260
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:23 am Reply with quote

Sounds like a new Archive project to me...

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:57 am Reply with quote

HOB888 :
UPDATE:

ROBODOC PHASE 2/3 NOW COMPLETE:

1. BRUCE LOCKE: Otomo (ROBOCOP 3)
2. DEL ZAMORA: Kaplan (ROBOCOP)
3. RANDALL TAYLOR: Starkweather (ROBOCOP 3)
4. PAUL LYNCH: Director (ROBOCOP TV SERIES)
5. ALEC CHORCHES: RoboTeam (ROBOCOP 3)
6. FELTON PERRY: Johnson (ROBOCOP 1-3)
7. FRED DEKKER: Director (ROBPCOP 3)
8. GALYN GORG: Angie (ROBOCOP 2
9. JOHN CASTLE: McDaggett (ROBOCOP 3)
10. REMY RYAN: Niko (ROBOCOP 3)
11. JOAN PIRCKLE SMITH: Barbara (ROBOCOP)
12. KURTWOOD SMITH: Boddiker (ROBOCOP)
13. J. MILES DALE: Producer (ROBOCOP TV SERIES)
14. TOM NOONAN: Cain (ROBOCOP 2)

We still have a final PHASE 4 that will include about 4 interviews.

Despite everyone's best efforts and with over 70 interviews now completed Dr. Peter Weller has still declined to participate in RoboDoc. Again we must respect his wishes and believe that there are no further opportunities to entice him.

Many thanks
RoboDoc Team

This is just...wow...what a list...what a documentary, its almost a torture we have to wait so long

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:37 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Shit, at this point I would much, much rather have a documentary solely about the Robocop comics than anything going over the first film.

Maybe you should make that doc then if you feel passionate about it?

The film-makers clearly want to focus on the first film from the perspective of 30 years after it was made. That's the difference between it and the original making of docs -

"A fully independent retrospective into the making of 'RoboCop' and its cultural impact over the last 30 years. Supported by dozens of the original cast and crew 'RoboDoc' is made by fans of the movie for fans of the movie."

The longer you make a doc, the costlier it is and the lesser size of an audience will watch it.

RB 306

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:39 pm Reply with quote

Judge Black :
Maybe you should make that doc then if you feel passionate about it?

Well, I could write a good treatment for it since writing is what I go to school for. I'm no documentarian though, nor do I own a camera. I don't have the time or resources to do it justice, but since there is a team of people out there who have both the time and the resources to do such a thing, and are making a documentary about Robocop right now, I'm just hoping they could touch on the topic, and maybe use some of the resources they have used to reach out to people connected with Robocop's past to get someone from the comics field.

Now, I am busy with school and many other things, so I definitely can't make a full fledged documentary on Robocop comics, but this does give me a good idea for a little video or a video series. I have an almost complete Robocop comics collection, only missing the Robocop 3 series from Dark Horse. There are also a bunch of variant covers I don't have, but they are not essential and I do actually have a bunch from the Avatar series. So maybe I could make a video or series of videos going through my collection, going over the history as I do.

What do you guys think? Should I pursue this project? Also, do you think it would be best to make one long video going over the whole history, or would it be better to do a separate video for each publisher? Also, should I go for a documentary approach, or would a review series be better? I kind of like the idea of reviewing each publisher's output individually though that does get away from the documentary approach. Also, I am friends with Lee Sullivan on facebook like many of you are, so there is a chance I could ask him a couple questions or such. Might be possible to get other people involved from various other publishers, but if that's the case I definitely would not be able to start this project until this summer once I have graduated college and have more free time on my hands.

This is definitely something I will have to think about a lot before starting. I would basically be filming it off my phone unless I can find a friend with a camera to borrow. I would also want to fill the couple little holes in my collection, something I won't have the money to do for a while. Fortunately I already have the most expensive part, the RvT artist's edition. But let me know what you guys think. Maybe it would be best to wait until after the documentary comes out because there is a small chance they will actually go over this material. But if they don't do a good job I am definitely open to the idea of stepping in and documenting the comics in some more comprehensive way.

RB 1658

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote

Put it up on Kickstarter and who knows you may even get the funds for a camera etc...

RB 4892

Ed-260
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:41 am Reply with quote

Edd 209 :
Put it up on Kickstarter and who knows you may even get the funds for a camera etc...

Not a bad idea. I have thought about using Kickstarter before but have always been hesitant. Still, it seems like a good idea for this project. I would definitely need your guys help spreading it though, because my network of friends with steady income is rather limited. But even if it was just a few bucks to get some of the rarer variant covers that could help. Also, funds were raised on an episode by episode basis there is always the chance that it catches on and gets more support as it goes along. Still, I am not too familiar with Kickstart so I am still wary, but it couldn't hurt to at least try.

RB 1658

RoboWags

L-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:36 am Reply with quote

Are you looking for physical copies of the R3 comics or digital ones?

RB 2728

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote

Shit man if you feel that froggy, go for it. Kickstarter might be worth considering for sure. My suggestions - I'd wait 'til after RoboDoc's release to be sure, otherwise I'd lean more to a review series unless you can get a lot of good background from folks involved to make it more a documentary, and either way I'd split it up by publisher or series/arc. If you do a doc maybe a long video but still sectioned off so. Anyway, just my thoughts there.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote

RoboWags :
Are you looking for physical copies of the R3 comics or digital ones?

Physical ones. After all, I tt wouldn't be too exciting filming my screen. Laughing I have physical copies of every other Robocop comic but this series has slipped by me. Probably because it's just an adaption and it doesn't come in a snazzy single volume like the Marvel adaptions of the first two movies.

At this point its just an idea, however. If the Robodoc covers the subject I will be content and might just do a text review of the entire series or something like that. I've wanted to go through and read them all in order from Marvel to Boom but that is a time consuming effort for someone in college who also regularly reads other comics. But mark my words, if I feel the documentary doesn't give enough love to the comics I will step in at some point and make sure that the topic is covered in depth. Because, first movie aside, the comics are the best part of the Robocop franchise.

RB 1658

RoboWags

L-L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:20 am Reply with quote

I went looking for my copies to send to you but all I can find is my RvsT trade paperback. I think my other comics went to storage; never to be seen again after my first marriage ended...

RB 2728

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:53 am Reply with quote

RoboWags :
I went looking for my copies to send to you but all I can find is my RvsT trade paperback. I think my other comics went to storage; never to be seen again after my first marriage ended...

Thanks for the thought! Sorry to hear you lost your comics but at least I am not the only one who has lost something Robocop related lately haha. But the Robocop 3 comics are very cheap to pick up, the only reason I haven't got around to it is because every time I buy comics I wind up buying stuff I am more interested in reading. The only reason I have to get the adaptions is to have the full Robocop comics collection, which I now have more reason to pursue. I'm not really in a rush to read them but you gotta have them.

RB 1658

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard