New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboDoc - New Robo Documentary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:47 am Reply with quote

Post Production in progress

https://scontent.fewr1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15741162_559363610925976_7559377581478572080_n.jpg?oh=ac6a5fb4f15f03a8ba788610a45e00c5&oe=58D8BEB4

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Ryou Win
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: Brazillian RoboCop Fan and M.u.g.e.n. maker. Last Updates: NeuroBrain ver.04,09,2019 for M.U.G.E.N.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
This is just...wow...what a list...what a documentary, its almost a torture we have to wait so long

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

. Agreed, KidGoesWild!
. My curiosity is about the stuff about behind the scenes of RoboCop 2 & 3:

1) How much they will include the VHS stuff? (some have bad video quality)
2) How much new stuff they have? (Compared to RoboCop Archive stuff). Or they will only "copy and paste" some stuff of this forum, like the "rain" of videos about RoboCop in 2013 to capitalise on the comming 2014 movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoPJA6SuX1E

RB 1361

cake
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote

Just announced that the guys have received 4 hours of behind the scenes content from RoboCop 2 and 2 hours of content for RoboCop 3. As a result, and not to leave any great content out, the doc will now be split into 2 releases. RoboDoc (for the first movie) is the main release and the second release will have two sections, RoboDoc 2 (covering R2 and the Series) and RoboDoc 3 (covering R3 and and the characters legacy). Anyone who pledged for a DVD/Blu Ray copy of the doc will now get both and won't have to pledge any extra. Smile

Will be interesting to see what content they have got for R2 and R3 and if it is the same or even more than Scream got for the release of their collectors editions of R2 and R3 recently (in Region A only). If so, I might not need to look for that multi-region blu-ray player after all!

RB 17167

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:17 pm Reply with quote

Paddy :
Just announced that the guys have received 4 hours of behind the scenes content from RoboCop 2 and 2 hours of content for RoboCop 3. As a result, and not to leave any great content out, the doc will now be split into 2 releases. RoboDoc (for the first movie) is the main release and the second release will have two sections, RoboDoc 2 (covering R2 and the Series) and RoboDoc 3 (covering R3 and and the characters legacy).

Wow that's great news...

...for some people. I guess. But not me.

This is exactly what I feared when I heard about this Doc. What is supposed to be a comprehensive history of Robocop is going to be a lopsided mess. I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful, but having my favorite Robocop stuff smashed into the end is just disrespectful. I mean, they couldn't even give the legacy its own section? So all the comics, games, toys, and shows get lumped in with Robocop 3???

I can see it now. After watching hours of footage of people saying the same stuff about Robocop we've heard time and time again, a few images of toys and some clips from PD flash across the screen, while the narrator states that Robocop 3 sent Robo off the deep end and nobody cares about any of that stuff. Except me. The first Robodoc is of little interest to me. But the stuff I actually care about? Tossed aside, basically some bonus content tacked on the end.

Want to hear more about how Weller worked with a mime and Verhoeven wasn't American and Nancy Allen didn't want to cut her hair short? Then check out Robodoc. Do you want to hear some interesting facts about the less explored sides of Robocop history, like everything that has happened over the last 20 years? Stick to the internet, nerd!

When I first read that they are splitting this doc into two pieces I was thrilled. I thought to myself, finally someone is gonna take the time to talk about the movies separately from everything else. I guess I was naive for thinking all the shows, comics, games, toys, and much much more warranted their own documentary. What a chump I am. All I can say is I am glad I did not donate anything to this project, as this is not a Robodoc that represents my own interests as a fan of Robocop.

It might seem a bit harsh for me to be saying all this stuff. But I also think its harsh to shoehorn Robocop's legacy into a section about Robocop 3. I have seen the Robocop films a few times over the past year. But I have read the comics way more, and played with the action figures on my Robo shrine. I've probably spent more time watching the cartoons than the movies in recent years. Simply put, there is way more to Robo than the movies. So much, in fact, that all the merchandise and 'second rate' material far engulfs the films themselves. So why try to rewrite history?

Anyone wanna take bets on how much they talk about the comics? You might even make some serious cash by betting on them not mentioning them at all. I expect a minute long segment that mostly talks about Robocop vs Terminator and the Frank Miller adaptions. If the Robodoc does not mention every published that has put out Robocop comics it has failed, to me. There is just so much to talk about. Especially if this is supposed to be appealing to new fans as well as old. I'm sure anyone taking the time to watch a Robocop documentary is familiar with the trilogy. But are they familiar with the excellent Dark Horse series, Mortal Coils? Why not expose Robofans to new facets of the character instead of spending an entire film rattling on about the same stuff you can find on youtube or the Robocop DVD?

I know my dedication to the comics is pretty much unmatched. I am not too into the video games but I know some of you are and would love to learn more about them. Robocop toys have been pretty much the most important and consistent part of my Robocop fandom since birth. The movies are part of it too, but just one part of it. I want to see all these parts represented if the doc is to give us a true depcition of Robocop as a whole. Any one of these parts, games, toys, shows, comics, could really have its own feature length documentary. So lumping them all into the end of this one seems like a mistake. But more than a simple error, to me this news comes across as downright disrespectful.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Bah, I've said it elsewhere, I'll say it here. Beggars can't be choosers. Especially beggars that didn't even fork over anything. Honestly Pimp aside from your own self-centered attitude and skewed expectations I don't see this as any skin off your ass. Don't wanna watch it, then don't watch it. And certainly don't even talk about it if especially that's how you truly feel. Fuck me the best thing this franchise has gotten in 30 fucking years and all you can do is mope like someone killed your best friend.

I mean seriously if you've looked at all the folks listed to have been interviewed (many never before interviewed about RoboCop at all) and all what's in there and you think 95% of the shit is gonna be a re-hash of what's on our Criterion and 20th R1 releases you sir need a damn reality check.

You consider the admittedly overlooked comics to be the focal point of the franchise. I, however, don't. And frankly, I'm quite sure almost no one else - casual fan or Robo-Head - does either. You talk about rewriting history but at the end of the day, this all started with a film. You would have none of this if not for a piece of cinema. I admit the comics are neat, I enjoy and appreciate them as a serious fan would and believe they are certainly worthy of some kind of discussion and note absolutely, but to mouth barf and bitch so because those few sets of comics aren't seemingly 50% of this thing - A thing that isn't even out yet to even judge with, and a thing again is a about a character and franchise based off a movie - Just makes you seem rather like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum. Which is not harsh, just plain shitty. Really shitty. ESPECIALLY given again you haven't even put anything down on this at all. If you HAD put something down I wouldn't be saying a Goddamn thing. But as you haven't well, sounds like it comes down to put up or shut up, and since you've clearly expressed you won't do the one, only leaves the other as an option doesn't it?

Bah, ok, that's harsh. You shouldn't shut up. But Jesus man you can and I feel better tone that shit down. I don't see it as disrespect. I don't think practically anyone else does either. I myself see it as a question of focus. The films were always gonna be top priority. I can't speak for you but I knew and wholly expected that going in. Shit I wasn't sure they'd even do the other films as much as they did, let alone include other things as much either. But they are. Yes I'm sure much of it will be stuff we've seen and know. But some of it simply isn't. And that alone is worth it. In some regards what we have otherwise and prior is next to nothing - About R2, R3, The Series, or indeed comics and toys and games.

Don't get me wrong, I to a considerably lesser degree understand and even share your sentiment - I wish they did more about the comics, and original/major toys. And yes games, which honestly would probably be my own big secondary focus. Each having having 2 or 3 hours on? I don't know but yes they could have quite a bit to them, I'll give ya that. But I do still believe they'll be able to mention and decently note that other stuff, including the comic series'. I don't believe they'll ignore it totally or give one nice remark about RvsT as you say. I'll admit I don't ever expect much anymore but that shit is overly cynical to the point of being a total dick.

And before it's even looked this way - This not like PD or R2014, this is not us getting shit for dinner and being forced to swallow it up and go for dessert. This is still arguably the best damn piece of Robo media since the original film and I'm sorry but the above's a level of contempt for that I can't let slide myself. All-told, slow your fucking roll, man. Or don't and be an asshole with frankly more unreasonable expectations than any of us on something that you contributed precisely dick to, but if so I daresay this might not be the last you'll be called out on it, if only from myself.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:01 pm Reply with quote

In other posts - I wonder why the didn't decide to do the two movies in one section and all the rest or 'legacy' in it's own section. R2 and Series and R3 and the rest just sounds funny, structure wise. But, their project, their layout I suppose.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Don't see how this is a bad thing? Unless I'm misinterpreting it.

I don't really have any interest in hearing the same old stories from the original film. But do have immense interest in hearing all about the sequels.

I will likely get RoboDoc1 at some point, but the 2nd release will be far more interesting to me. I'd rather this than hours of footage end up on the cutting room floor because they weren't able to fit it all onto one disc.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Saw the email some days ago; heard rumors on Facebook before. Almost crapped my pants.

Having an in-depth documentary about the character is one of the best things that happend to good old Robo, as Stan said. The chance to see some behind the scenes from the sequels is amazing, and having a lot of people involved on them is a plus. The only complaint for me is the lack of PD material. Yes, it seems theyīre focusing on live action stuff; I understand a lot of people didnīt like it, but if they included The Series, I think they should do something with the latest RoboIncarnation before the reboot.

As for the comics, while Iīm a comic book nerd it doesnīt bother me too much. I think they werenīt too many relevant histories behind the making of the comics, with the exception of Marvel having troubles with Orion by the time and Alan Grant quitting the job (something I covered on my magazine, by the way tongue). Other than that, and maybe some technical stuff about how the comics were made or personal opinions by the people behind them, I donīt think there are a lot of stuff to put in there. Other than having a few covers and snapshots of videogames, toys and merch, canīt see a way to fit these products into the main documentary.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:29 pm Reply with quote

I think this is some very good news. I was worried with all these interviews that they'd had to cut so much content to get it at any reasonable length. This way we'll get an amazing amount of Robo content.

As for a documentary that focuses on the comics, I'm thinking that way be a good fan project.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Stan is right. This is no skin off my ass and I did not contribute dick to this project. I thank Stan for making the very valid response that I deserved to hear. But I stand by my original point about it being disrespectful to Robocop's legacy to have it stuffed into the Robocop 3 section, and if you really think this is the "arguably the best damn piece of Robo media since the original film" it seems you don't respect the legacy enough either. It might not be as much as some franchises, but you can't just take the Series or Robocop vs. Terminator for granted! For some people's favorite movies there is just a film. They can buy the poster, some magazine interviews, but that's about it. We get fresh new Robocop products every year like clockwork!

Of course the doc was never gonna focus on the outliers of the Robocop franchise. Maybe if the makers of the film had spent some time getting feedback from us here they could have sculpted it in a direction more appealing to the actual fanbase. But they didn't and went ahead making the movie they wanted to make. Nothing wrong with that, and as stated previously I didn't give them a dime to further their vision. And that is for this reason exactly, because it is their vision and not mine. I personally would skip right over the first movie, which has been talked about ad nauseam to the point of utter apathy on my part. I'd be more much interested to hear about the Series and PD, not to mention the comics, which have the best Robocop stories overall.

I am a fan of Robocop so I will continue voicing my opinion. This was a misstep. You are right that no one is forcing us to eat it, but I do feel like we are getting shit for dinner and I can't just grin and bear it. Someone is finally talking about Robocop so I should just shut up and listen, right? Maybe, but I'd rather have my standpoint clearly on the record for those who might try to do a better job in the future. The filmmakers should not have ignore Robocop's legacy, nor should Robofans take it for granted. IF the movies were all that mattered we'd be discussing them on IMDB, not a dedicated Robocop forum.

And you guys want some Robocop 2 trivia? Well this is not really Robocop related, but my friend's suite-mate in college is the son of Tom Noonan, and I have learned some juicy tidbits. Aside from feeling intense remorse for having played five different pedophiles on film, Tom Noonan also allegedly sits around the house smoking weed in an extremely oversized t-shirt and whimsical hat on a regular basis. Put that in your precious Robodoc!

RB 1658

chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:47 pm Reply with quote

I figured this was going to happen.

Well at least I know what disc to buy now.

Obviously the sequels are going to always be lumped together with etc. but whatever.

RB 856

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:57 am Reply with quote

Quote:
We get fresh new Robocop products every year like clockwork!

Products, yes. Most of them figures and toys and - while I'm not unhappy about them, some are fantastic - most of 'em are just as rehashed as all the info and trivia about R1. They're not really anything 'new' or different. Which was my point. This is something different. Much of it isn't, but much of it is - new talks with previously un-interviewed folks. New materials that haven't been revealed prior. This is the first taste of something different for Robo in terms of moving media post-reboot and post-PD. And in terms of video to be viewed, I do think it'll be one of the best things there since the original film. Yes I'm thinking more on visual media, tv/film/etc. Does that mean I'm discounting everything else Robo? Hardly. Perhaps I'm not as into some parts of the 'legacy' - but that's allowed. If that means I lack 'respect', makes me less a fan to you then A) that's certainly your opinion you're free to have and B) get bent. I'm not any worse a fan for not being as into one aspect or other of the franchise, you're not any better for being moreso into one aspect or the other. I don't care for pissing contests.

RoboPimp :
Maybe if the makers of the film had spent some time getting feedback from us here they could have sculpted it in a direction more appealing to the actual fanbase.

On this I think you do make a valid point. I wish they might have visited RA, mentioned something about this on here beforehand and gotten a 'pulse' if you will of what most of us would have wanted to check out most. Perhaps they lurked on here without ever signing up, it's possible, I hope so, but I doubt it. And this here I could see a sense of 'disrespect' perhaps, though again I don't take it nearly that far.

Trust me I like the rest of us will be delighting mainly in everything outside of R1. We agree it's been pretty much as milked as it can be. That said, as Chanood noted and I agree there really isn't too much to explore on the comics or games on a reflective and trivia level, this even before you get into whether those involved are willing or able at this point anyway. I'm astounded by what these guys have managed to chalk up as it is. Anyway, while they haven't presented themselves on here I feel they are going on a decent baseline level for everything. And on that baseline level, comics are, as you yourself said Pimp, an outlier. Less focus will be there. Do I think it's right not really but that's how it is. With that, you may disagree but I don't believe they're delivering a mostly wasted product by any means. Especially with it being split up and focused slightly more as it is and keeping all the material they've amassed intact.

Bottom line if you aren't satisfied and feel this isn't worth your money that's fine but much of the rest of it still sounds more like spoiled brat whining rather than expressing a legitimate grievance to me. Which you're free to do as far as I'm concerned but again perhaps not without objection. Once more, maybe slow your roll, if only 'cause you've made your feelings quite clear by this point.

RB 52679

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:46 pm Reply with quote

OK, I've said my piece, and now will slow my roll to a halt. But for my last point, let me just say that, like the Wale song, this is a LoveHate Thing. I only Hate on this doc because I Love my Robocop comics and Hate to see them ignored because I Love the Things so much.

RB 1658

Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:38 am Reply with quote

Paddy :
Just announced that the guys have received 4 hours of behind the scenes content from RoboCop 2 and 2 hours of content for RoboCop 3. As a result, and not to leave any great content out, the doc will now be split into 2 releases. RoboDoc (for the first movie) is the main release and the second release will have two sections, RoboDoc 2 (covering R2 and the Series) and RoboDoc 3 (covering R3 and and the characters legacy).

They say when, Paddy?

Odd to bundle "The Series" with R2, even if Ed & Mike wrote the pilot. Glad they're not covering PD. Would only like to hear what the writers thought of the piss-poor direction. Their script with the fat trimmed, in the hands of any of the '94 directors, and with Eden in the role, would've been something to behold.

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard