New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboDoc - New Robo Documentary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:15 am Reply with quote

Here is a copy of the e-mail I received:-

Quote:
Dear all,
Just a quick update - RoboDoc is now being edited. Due to the huge size of the doc we are looking at splitting it into x2 releases - RoboDoc: The Creation of RoboCop and RoboDoc 2 and RoboDoc 3: The Creation of RoboCop 2 and 3 (this will include the legacy and TV series)

The reason for this is the sheer volume of the doc - with now over 90 interviews and our recent acquirement of over 4 hours of BTS from Robo2 and 2 hours of BTS from Robo3 it would be short-changing you to release a condensed version of the doc.
Please do not worry if the above does happen ALL those who pledged for the DVD/Blu will receive both copies.

Our estimated release is late 2017 and we may have previews in the Summer. For those of you who enjoyed our Fright Night Doc, you know that quality is worth the wait.
Many thanks

RB 17167

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote

Paddy :
Here is a copy of the e-mail I received:-

Quote:
Dear all,
Just a quick update - RoboDoc is now being edited. Due to the huge size of the doc we are looking at splitting it into x2 releases - RoboDoc: The Creation of RoboCop and RoboDoc 2 and RoboDoc 3: The Creation of RoboCop 2 and 3 (this will include the legacy and TV series)

The reason for this is the sheer volume of the doc - with now over 90 interviews and our recent acquirement of over 4 hours of BTS from Robo2 and 2 hours of BTS from Robo3 it would be short-changing you to release a condensed version of the doc.
Please do not worry if the above does happen ALL those who pledged for the DVD/Blu will receive both copies.

Our estimated release is late 2017 and we may have previews in the Summer. For those of you who enjoyed our Fright Night Doc, you know that quality is worth the wait.
Many thanks

Yep, got the same. Itīs painful to wait for it, as the previous release date was in spring, but I think itīd be worth the wait. Canīt wait to get it/them at home and watch these.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:12 pm Reply with quote

Pretty neat interview with the RoboDoc guys from a few days ago. Also the Archive gets a shoutout!
http://dailygrindhouse.com/thewire/prime-directives-interview-robodoc-team-rathan-krueger/

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:53 am Reply with quote

Only part I wasn't thrilled about was Smart and Allen's response to the RvT question. That and Allen kinda going with the mouth myth. Oh well, nobody's perfect. tongue

Otherwise, good read! Liked the Archive mention of course.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:50 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
That and Allen kinda going with the mouth myth.

They forgot to say that was a R2 idea that never came to be.

Canīt wait to see a preview of this.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:50 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Stan The Man :
That and Allen kinda going with the mouth myth.

They forgot to say that was a R2 idea that never came to be.

Canīt wait to see a preview of this.

It was? In what scene?

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:41 am Reply with quote

They hastily wrote off the comics to say they thought Terminator was tougher than Robocop. They should have made a documentary about Terminator instead. Throughout the interview they kept referencing the other, similar documentaries they have made. So clearly Robocop was not first, second, or even third choice, not a favorite film of any of the people documenting it. Kinda sad but I guess that's always how it goes. Documentarians make documentaries, not fans. But still, couldn't even make the link that Frank Miller wrote Robocop 2, something they are willing to spend way more time talking about than RvT, so maybe his ideas in the comics are somewhat relevant. Instead of putting down the dude they are supposed to be making a passionate project about. I don't give a hoot what metric you use to judge the battle, if you are making a documentary about Robocop and someone interviews you about it don't say that Robocop is gonna lose to his archenemy! That's like opening an IHOP and then going around saying you prefer waffles...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:38 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
I don't give a hoot what metric you use to judge the battle, if you are making a documentary about Robocop and someone interviews you about it don't say that Robocop is gonna lose to his archenemy! That's like opening an IHOP and then going around saying you prefer waffles...

Sadly I have to agree, they lost a couple points there. Then again I've heard a die-hard fan or two say the same about out hero not being on top in that contest too, so, bah.. Eh, like I said, nobody's perfect.

That said, I don't agree they aren't fans of Robo though. They're aren't on our level that's for sure but they chose it to do despite the fact they've previously focused on horror pieces with far less of an encompassing 'franchise' to them (a point of which was made about how daunting this was by comparison) I think that still says something.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
NOF
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Who told you how?

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:05 am Reply with quote

I'm certainly interested in seeing this, as it's cool to see the character being the focus of an authorative documentary but I've a feeling that I'll already know 90-95% of it already.

RB 534

comic2-robocop game-xbox arcade2-robocop2 Doom robocop3-fanboy
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:40 pm Reply with quote

The guy's are really good at what they do..Their Hellraiser Documentary "Leviathan" is an amazing piece of work..That said..I don't think someone has to be a serious fan to make a great indepth documentary on the subject,They'll get that from who they have on camera.I have faith in them.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:02 pm Reply with quote

I assume you already saw it, but... Smile

https://www.facebook.com/RoboDoc2017/videos/649804671881869/

RB 10830

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:57 pm Reply with quote

I didn't strangely, and I am subscribed to their Facebook posts...

But, damn, that looks cool. Can't wait to see what the announcement is on 17th July...

RB 17167

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Paddy :
I didn't strangely, and I am subscribed to their Facebook posts...

But, damn, that looks cool. Can't wait to see what the announcement is on 17th July...

I'm stoked too! Hoping it's that they got Dr. Weller involved but more realistically they'll probably tease some footage.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:40 am Reply with quote

Maybe they'll announce that they took fan's comments into consideration and now actually splitting it into three docs with the last one focused entirely on the comics and games!

Yeah, right. More like they will cheerily announce that these things are being cut from the film entirely. Sorry to keep harping on the same exact point over and over, but someone has to be ha-satan (the doubter aka the devil's advocate even tho he is actually god's advocate) since you guys are being so downright positive about this project!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard