New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop vs The Terminator (Genesis) Assets

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:38 am Reply with quote

I've been ripping the sprites and level assets from RvsT for the Genesis for The VG Resource and I wanted to share my progress here for those who are looking for the assets from this game. I feel this was the best version of the game and the best Robo game sprite ever. I will continue to update this post as I progress. You can also follow my progress directly at The VG Resource Forums

Click on the image to see the complete rip.

RoboCop:

For Robo, the animators decided to simply create the left facing sprite and mirror it for the right facing. This caused Robo to magically switch which hand his gun was held in when you changed directions. I corrected this and gave him a separate right facing sprite.

Bosses:

Parallax Backgrounds:
Training Level / The Streets of Detroit

Delta City Under Construction

The Toxic Farm

OCP Headquarters

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:30 am Reply with quote

Great job! About time someone ripped that awesome Robo sprite. Here, have a PT.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:09 am Reply with quote

Thank you!

Just added The Terminator (Link in 1st post)

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
OCP-001
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote

Outstanding work on the Robo sprite with the gun, it looks amazing, congrats.
I always thought this was the best Robocop sprite ever done, very faithful to how he looks in the original movie. And of course this is the best version of the game, superior to the snes one in every aspect.

RB 341

ultra2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote

Nice one! I'll probably be half-inching some bits as times goes. Years back during the av/sig wars I had a grand notion of making a Robo Vs Termy sig using that font and animated sprites from the games.. I later humbled myself down to a combo static image but never got around to it. With this stuff maybe I'll take a stab at it again. In any event, cool stuff and grats to ya. You too get a PT next time it comes around for me. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Man, The Streets Of Detroit and Delta City Under Construction have some great fucking backgrounds.

In fact, I'd even go so far as to say the backgrounds are some of the most atmospheric in any side scrolling game.

Just fucking beautiful.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Picture and Video Topics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard