New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Phil Tippet Auction
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

alyd
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:21 pm Reply with quote

ignore

RB 151

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:53 pm Reply with quote

alyd :
Edd 209 :
So they were going to redesign the suit for R2?

Yeah it was said that after a radical redesign they realised that people would prefer to see the same suit, so just made one that was more comfortable for Peter to wear and also gave it the new blue finish.

Would love to see what they had in mind, but nothing in these Tippett documents about that, at least not that one can tell from the listings, but there are many pages in several of the lots, but they seem to be grouped by theme.

And with the first film, it was said that Peter couldn't move in the suit so him and Moni Yakim took it away and tore bits off to make it work. So I'd imagine it originally had more armoured sections Smile

About the removed bits from the R1 suit: I'm just guessing and assuming here but I always thought he meant they made cuts in the rubber suit like the armpit sections and other parts that would be easily hidden. Maybe some stuff around the knees and feet and neck area. Like how in the Directive 4 scene when he's writhing around and you can see where the armpit section has a cut in it for greater mobility and then the next scene it's patched up because it was so obvious to the camera. I doubt there were pieces of armor scrapped because in pictures of Bottin's final clay sculpt the suit is basically what we see on screen.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 pm Reply with quote

alyd :
Edd 209 :

Yeah it was said that after a radical redesign they realised that people would prefer to see the same suit, so just made one that was more comfortable for Peter to wear and also gave it the new blue finish.

Would love to see what they had in mind, but nothing in these Tippett documents about that

Who was ultimately responsible for Robosuit's design, Phil Tippett or Rob Bottin? In R1 it was Bottin right? If there was any redesign to be done in R2 that would involve more Bottin than Tippet, or am I wrong?

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
alyd :
Edd 209 :

Would love to see what they had in mind, but nothing in these Tippett documents about that

Who was ultimately responsible for Robosuit's design, Phil Tippett or Rob Bottin? In R1 it was Bottin right? If there was any redesign to be done in R2 that would involve more Bottin than Tippet, or am I wrong?

I figure by the time R2 came around Tippet and Bottin were probably working together more since Robo, himself, was stop motion animated much more than in R1. Though the RoboCop puppets were repurposed Max Factory kits so might not have had anything to do with that aspect. As far as overall design, to my knowledge, Tippet didn't have anything to do with the look of RoboCop. Could be wrong of course.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:00 pm Reply with quote

Neat stuff, another one of those rather rare times I wish I was actually rich. I love it all, but I too have a special place for that Cain brain display, it's just bitchin'.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
alyd
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:45 pm Reply with quote

ignore

RB 151

CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Neat stuff, another one of those rather rare times I wish I was actually rich. I love it all, but I too have a special place for that Cain brain display, it's just bitchin'.

I hear you bro.
I wish I have enough money to buy everything.
I have barely enough to try and bid on all the Cain concept arts and documents, have to pass the various storyboards.
Hope to get as much documents as I can.
Be confident I will share here whatever I catch.

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
alyd
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote

ignore

RB 151

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Here's video of some of the auction pieces. The full size Cain and a really banged up suit from Robo2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R6Lgic5_1Y

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote

Cool (but short) vid!

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:44 pm Reply with quote

it was a great auction. I was lucky enough to grab most of the items I was interested in for a very nice price.
Except for the one I wanted the most, that cost me an arm and an eye.
But I just couldn't let it go.
Lucky they offer 3 month payment plan.
So here is a list of what I won:

Lot 167 - Printed Concept Art and Notes (Robocop 2)

Lot 169 - Printed Concept Art (Robocop 2)

Lot 173 - Hand-Drawn Cain Helmet Concept Art (Robocop 2)

Lot 151 - Mechanical Cain and ED-209 Design Prints (Robocop 2)

Lot 158 - Story Outlines and Production Schedules (Robocop 2)

I'm sure these documents hold answers to some of the mysteries around this movie we learn so little about.
Stay tune.

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:24 pm Reply with quote

Woah, that is amazing, what a gold mine. Congrats on the win. Smile

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Archive Wink

An exemple of new details unveiled:
In lot 149, Hand-Drawn Storyboard Pages by Phil Tippett (sadly I lost this one)
you can find some sketches of the sexbots we red about in Robocop II: Corporate wars, the very first and only draft written by Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner.

RB 1965

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote

CAIN MKII :
Thanks Archive Wink

An exemple of new details unveiled:
In lot 149, Hand-Drawn Storyboard Pages by Phil Tippett (sadly I lost this one)
you can find some sketches of the sexbots we red about in Robocop II: Corporate wars, the very first and only draft written by Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner.

Well done CAIN MKII on winning some pieces!!

And that Sex Bot!! Geez, I wonder how far Corporate Wars actually got in pre production..!?

On the left of this image - is that an early RoboCain or a failed prototype concept? Loving the depressed expresion of being trapped inside a machine...

Archive :
Here's video of some of the auction pieces. The full size Cain and a really banged up suit from Robo2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R6Lgic5_1Y

Awesome video find Archive. Poor Robo hope someone patches him up good! But wow its awesome just seeing Robo and Cain there...

RB 4892

Ed-260
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard