New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop in 2017 - What's next for Robo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:13 pm Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
The noises that came out of my mouth when I first saw this were not that of a 34 year old man. I'll just say that.

I made noises I wasn't aware a mammal could make.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:52 am Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
I really don't like the cover art for R3. Somebody just drew the Enterbay figure. Oh well, still beyond happy! 😁

That and they used the red bordered text on that bluey-purpley cover. Bah.

That said, I never would have dreamed this would happen! This is too amazing! I'g..Da.. Even I can't find the words! There are no fucking words! There is only the realization that there IS still hope to be had in this world for true awesomeness!

Very Happy

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:59 am Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP!!
If there was ever a thing I did NOT expect to see, it would be a special edition of R2 and R3. This is great! Here's hoping it won't just be a new transfer or something - we need actual extras and documentaries on those flicks, I'll take deleted scenes... anything!! Just make that "Special Edition" on the cover actually stand for something!

Hooolyyyyyyyyy...

With that being said, I like the covers, the one on R3 actually makes the flightpack look good.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:11 am Reply with quote

Eh, actually I think the covers are rather weak. But not much worse than some of the shit MGM's pawed on us on R1 releases over the years.

That said, I understand Scream Factory are known for content-filled releases so I expect they'll certainly have some extra stuff to make it worth the while. Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:18 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Eh, actually I think the covers are rather weak. But not much worse than some of the shit MGM's pawed on us on R1 releases over the years.

They're certainly not spectacular, but I like seeing some hand-drawn artwork on there, even if it is based off photos (or toys). I certainly think it's better than that grotesque cover with the "removable helmet" from a few years back or even the giant-looking Robo on the steelbook. Nothing too fancy, but looks relatively good and gets the job done.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:42 am Reply with quote

That was of course the mystery product. Smile

First off though, not to raise any false hope. There will be NO deleted scenes in video form. I've had some lengthy discussions with the guy producing the content and it's too complicated to hunt them down. It would need some extra people power to be able to find them in the MGM vault and go through it.

What they WILL include (so far) is vintage Robo2-3 documentaries. Anything they can find in the MGM vault of released making ofs and featurettes. They've also been digging into the image banks and will include many rare images, with focus on deleted stuff.

They have the goal to produce new special features along with the vintage stuff, but I'm uncertain at what level their ambition is, if it's just short snippets or more indepth. I suggested they they do something about the prototypes and the gunarm/fightpack but we'll see what they choose, and are able, to do.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:40 am Reply with quote

May suggest Shout Factory to buy the Robodoc documentary and edit it specifically to each release

RB 125

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Paddy :
It if was a special edition/remaster of RoboCop 2/3/Series with lots of special features, I would lose my shit but I highly doubt that's what it will be.

Consider my shit completely and utterly lost.

I cannot wait for these. It is annoying they are Region A only (for now). I'm hoping a European compatible release is coming soon after or at the same time.

With these coming in March 2017 (along with the Nintendo Switch!) and the RoboDoc coming in April 2017, the first quarter of next year is gonna be a good'un!

RB 17167

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:38 pm Reply with quote

Roboben_hk :
May suggest Shout Factory to buy the Robodoc documentary and edit it specifically to each release

I hope not! Itīd nice to have different extras for these two different projects.

Paddy :
I cannot wait for these. It is annoying they are Region A only (for now). I'm hoping a European compatible release is coming soon after or at the same time.

Well, I wanted to have that sweet edition of "Darkman" from them. It came years ago, and there arenīt any similar releases in Europe with a single extra on it. So, I think we wonīt see these beauties here. I donīt know what to do, if I could get these two anyway and try to watch them on my computer. Who knows.

Archive :
What they WILL include (so far) is vintage Robo2-3 documentaries. Anything they can find in the MGM vault of released making ofs and featurettes. They've also been digging into the image banks and will include many rare images, with focus on deleted stuff.

Doesnīt sound bad to me. Itīs hard to believe they had stuff on the MGM vaults and yet no effort from them to release these films with extras. I canīt figure why they still do these things. Copyright issues? Having bare-bones VHS were ok by the time (yet some titles had behind the scenes featurettes before or after the film), but right now itīs weird to have formats like DVDs or Blu-Ray and release the films without any single extra.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote

My laptop has a blu-ray player built in so I guess I could get the US blu-rays and watch them, but my intention is to get an actual blu-ray player for the house and watch on my main TV. So I'd need to get one that is multi-region but don't the US copies play at a different frame rate then European versions, so it will be slightly slower than a proper PAL version? Or has that all been done away with now we have moved on to blu-ray/HD sources?

RB 17167

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote

Paddy :
My laptop has a blu-ray player built in so I guess I could get the US blu-rays and watch them, but my intention is to get an actual blu-ray player for the house and watch on my main TV. So I'd need to get one that is multi-region but don't the US copies play at a different frame rate then European versions, so it will be slightly slower than a proper PAL version? Or has that all been done away with now we have moved on to blu-ray/HD sources?

Donīt know how it works with Blu Rays. Got a new one for TV, but only have Region B titles. On DVD, I had the Region 1 "Dark Justice" from Prime Directives and I didnīt find anything "weird" about it. It worked fine to me.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Bah, I was already a bit skeptical on the deleted scenes and that sucks there won't be any but I figured some period BTS clips and interviews would be likely, along with a bit of current/other stuff. I'm quite intrigued by the rare images they say they're uncovering.

I too wonder if they might actually outsource from the Doc for stuff, I might not mind it so much for a couple things perhaps but would want most of it to be specific to the release, to add to the proper 'collector's edition' of it. As Chanood said, to have that access now and NOT do some kind of special release when we've proved we're a fanbase that will lap the shit right up doesn't make sense to me, absent some kind of legal issue or what-have-you.

Looking back on the artwork, actually it's okay. I do admire to 'art' of it, even though I think it seems half-assed, especially what with use of the figure and all that. It's not horrible for sure, but I think it could have been done better still.

Anyway, this all still sounds pretty fuckin' bitchin nonetheless. As said, 2017 is already looking way better of a year! Smile

RB 52679

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
That was of course the mystery product. Smile

First off though, not to raise any false hope. There will be NO deleted scenes in video form. I've had some lengthy discussions with the guy producing the content and it's too complicated to hunt them down. It would need some extra people power to be able to find them in the MGM vault and go through it.

They have the goal to produce new special features along with the vintage stuff, but I'm uncertain at what level their ambition is, if it's just short snippets or more indepth. I suggested they they do something about the prototypes and the gunarm/fightpack but we'll see what they choose, and are able, to do.

thanks for confirming.
This MGM vault must be very disorganised.
Sounds promising - will wait to see exactly what is included.

RB 4892

Ed-260
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:03 am Reply with quote

Archive :

What they WILL include (so far) is vintage Robo2-3 documentaries.

Wait, aside from the extremely short TV featurette on R2 Im not aware of any making of for 2&3, do you know which documentaries theyre talking about?

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard