New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop in 2017 - What's next for Robo?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote

So where do RoboCop go from here? While a direct sequel to the 2014 reboot is very unlikely at this point, and no new comics or games being in production, 2017 will still present some interesting events for us Robo fans to enjoy.

Let's have a look at what we know so far.

30th Anniversary
July 17 2017 marks the 30th Anniversary of the theatrical release of RoboCop. If MGM will acknowledge this at all is anyones guess.
My bet is that they at the very least will release the same Robo1 disc once again with a new cover. Don't expect anything new from MGM here.
Old stuff will be repackaged and re-released for a quick buck.

RoboDoc
Mostly likely the best thing in 2017 is the extremely extensive "RoboDoc" which will feature interviews with basically everyone involved with the
RoboCop movies and the tv series. The only ones missing are of course the people that are sadly no longer with us and Weller who has declined
to participate. All these missing people should appear in some capacity via old footage though.

RoboCopS
A lot of fans are wondering what happened with the "RoboCops" web series that was to be produced by Machinema. Unfortunately we have
heard nothing new since it was announced back in May 2015. No word if it is still in development or if it has, for whatever reason, been scrapped.

All attempts at getting a reply or any kind of info from Machinema has been answered with silence.
With the "RoboCops" imdb page recently removed we can probably forget about this webseries happening.

RoboCop Statue
A kickstarter campaign that started way back in 2011 (!!!) has still not been completed. At one time it was supposed to be done in time for the RoboCop
remake premiere but that didn't happen. Supposedly and logically the statue could be finished in time for the 30th anniversary but if that actually happens
remains to be seen. If it DOES happen in 2017 it should be quite the spectacle with press and Robo cast and crew participating.
(Weller not likely to appear.)

RoboCop 2 from threezero
A full unpainted figure was displayed at the Toy Soul exhibition in Hong Kong as long ago as December 2015 .
So far we have heard no announcement of any set release date, but sometime in 2017 seems obvious.

Mystery Announcement
To be released in March 2017, this official product is a secret for now. Stay tuned!

Any 2017 Robo events I forgot? Anything else robo related you look forward to?

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote

RoboDoc is the big deal next year for sure. Really looking forward to it.

Would be nice if they get that damn statue done, was really looking forward to that ages ago. Still am but, seriously man!

As for anything else, well, this is more community-centered rather than an overall thing but would the little get-together RoboHell was talking about before still be on? Been a minute and so guess I wanted to know if there was any update on it - I know it's somewhat dependent on (among other things) whether Alamo or anybody is doing a scheduled screening but I would expect something again being the 30th and all. Definitely looking forward to that if it can still be wrangled.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:56 pm Reply with quote

Seems 2017 will be a pretty big year for Robo and, being the 30th anniversary, that's to be expected. I'd say RoboDoc is number one on my anticipation list. I haven't been this excited for a RoboCop product since around 1996 when I got the Criterion version in the mail and was about the watch the movie uncut for the first time ever.
The Detroit statue is long overdue and should be a pretty neat unveiling, granted it actually happens next year.
I'm also very much looking forward to whatever form the 30th anniversary screening takes. Seems like there's a chance for the RoboDoc crew to be in attendance and filming for the doc also! So that should be quite an experience. Pretty stoked to see what else Chronicle Collectibles churns out that I can't afford. And now I'm pretty curious about the "mystery product"!
Looking forward to 2017!

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:07 am Reply with quote

Oh God I hate secrets. I need to know that mystery NOW!

RB 4892

Ed-260
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote

DEAD OR ALIVE VOLUME 3

WHEN?: Early March
The third and final volume of BOOM! Studios' acclaimed Robocop series written by Joshua Williamson. This will collect the final issues 9-12 where Dennis Culver joins as co-writer with art by Alejandro Aragon and Amancay Nahuelpan. Marissa Louise is present throughout as our loyal colorist. Although we lost Carlos Magno as the artist for these issues (he still did the covers for 9-11), it's interesting to see the different styles of art, and overall, this finale - whilst sooner than hoped for - brought an end to one of the best series of Robo comics since the Dark Horse days.

Pre-order the paperback from Amazon here (Kindle edition also available):
https://www.amazon.com/Robocop-Dead-Alive-Vol-3/dp/1608868621

CHRONICLE COLLECTIBLES BUST

WHEN?: 2nd quarter
Phil Tippet's Chronicle Collectibles' third Robo product following perfect ED-209 and RoboCain statues is slightly more affordable, although still expensive but that does seem to reflect the quality from Chronicle. On their Facebook account, Chronicle have confirmed they have discussed maybe doing statues or replicas of the RoboCop 2 Prototypes (the 'Rejects' as they referred to them.) Also, when asked about a helmetless Robo bust, they confirmed there were likeness issues, but later said that they might do a 'Stripped Robo' bust from RoboCop 2. There's lots of Jurassic Park and Terminator stuff on their website, so I hope they'll do more RoboCop. My bank account hopes they don't...
Official video here: https://youtu.be/m6oE3lbLYSc
Pre-orders open now:
https://www.chroniclecollectibles.com/product/robocop-12-scale-bust/

NECA ENDOCOP (Photograph work in progress, not final)

WHEN?: July
This long-rumored action figure has been confirmed by Neca on Twitter to be being released to coincide with RoboCop's 30th anniversary, so expect it to materialize by July. A lot more affordable than Chronicle and takes up less space in your living quarters! On a related note, Neca have an incredibly successful Predator line and are starting to release Aliens figures based on the old Kenner toys, but with all of today's detail and articulation. Feel free to tweet them at @NECA_TOYS on Mondays (make sure you hashtag your tweet #MurphyMonday ) if you want them to do Ultra Police figures. I know there's likeness issues (again!) with doing film characters, but what that PROBABLY means is that they have to pay to do a Melting Emil or an accurate Anne Lewis or Boddicker, and they don't think there's a market for it. If they think fans are interested in seeing that, they may look further into the possibility.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:10 am Reply with quote

AH! New comics! Cool!

Knew the bust was coming also - really like it a lot! I do agree with some it seems a bit lacking but it's still awesome. I'm also liking the EndoCop figure, pretty neat. Smile

PS - I didn't mention this before but wouldn't this be better suited in the News forum?

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:55 am Reply with quote

Archive :
Mystery Announcement
To be released in March 2017, this official product is a secret for now. Stay tuned!

Hm? "Mystery"? "Official"? huh what

To me, the most exciting "RoboEvent" will be RoboDoc. Yes, the expensive figures, the statue or movie screenings could be cool, but I donīt have the money or Iīm not in the USA tongue I put my small contribution on the RoboDoc Kickstarter, so I canīt wait to get comfortable on the couch and watch that Blu-Ray.

Iīm working on a small tribute to Robo for 2017 as well, but isnīt important. Anyway, as a RoboGeek, itīs a dream come true. Youīll see tongue

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:10 pm Reply with quote

Any clues on what sort of official mystery product? Or when it will be announced, Archive? I know you're probably sworn to secrecy.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
Any clues on what sort of official mystery product? Or when it will be announced, Archive? I know you're probably sworn to secrecy.

Hopefully it can be officially announced soon. But I don't have an exact date when they plan to do it.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote

Excited to read what await us in 2017 Smile

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:50 am Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
NECA ENDOCOP

Holy crap. How did I miss the announcement of this last year? This is so simple, yet so beautiful. NECA already made Robocop vs. Terminator figures, so why not combine then into one figure? Not to mention that it is based on what is probably the pinnacle of Robocop comics. And a great moment from the comic at that. Now this is some exciting Robo news. Forget the mystery announcement, I'm already set for 2017. I wonder if they will do a whole line or just the single figures? If it was a whole line I'd be in heaven. I know NECA loves releasing new versions of the same basic Robo figure, so how about one loaded up with the rocket arm and jet pack and all that gear Robo wore in the last issue of RvT? That and a couple Endocops and I need new pants.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote

Would much rather see this guy as a figure:

RB 4892

Ed-260
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:28 am Reply with quote

I think the chances are reasonably high that we will see that version of Robo in figure form. Like I said, NECA loves retooling the same basic figures and all they would need for the 'final form' Robocop is redo the right arm and add the gattling gun, maybe a new jetpack too. I was a bit upset when they went with the game before the comic with RvT but now I'm quite pleased.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote

I think we can figure bash our own final form Robo and put him next to the custom pink-chromed RoboPimp figure that I'm sure we ALL have on our shelves... Wink

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard