New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2 and 3 - Blu Ray - Special Features announced
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:11 pm Reply with quote

The extras on the upcoming RoboCop2 and RoboCop3 Collector Edition Blu-ray releases by Scream factory are now finalized! Check the long list of them below. The release date is set for March 21 2017.

ROBOCOP 2

• NEW 2K scan of the inter-positive
• NEW Audio Commentary with author/CG supervisor Paul M. Sammon
• NEW Audio Commentary with the makers of “RoboDoc: The Creation of RoboCop” documentary – Gary Smart, Chris Griffiths and Eastwood Allen
• NEW Corporate Wars: The Making of ROBOCOP 2 – featuring new and vintage interviews with director Irvin Kershner, producer Jon Davidson, cast members Tom Noonan, Nancy Allen, Galyn Görg, executive producer Patrick Crowley, associate producer Phil Tippett, cinematographer Mark Irwin and author/CG supervision Paul M. Sammon (32 minutes)
• NEW Machine Parts: The FX of ROBOCOP 2 – featuring Phil Tippett, Peter Kuran, Craig Hayes, Jim Aupperle, Kirk Thatcher, Paul Gentry, Don Waller, Justin Kohn, Randal Dutra and Kevin Kutchaver (31 minutes)
• NEW Robo-Fabricator – an interview with RoboCop armor fabricator James Belohovek (9 minutes)
• NEW Adapting Frank Miller’s ROBOCOP 2 – an interview with comic book writer Steven Grant (6 minutes)
• NEW OCP Declassified – a collection of rare archival production and behind-the-scenes videos including interviews with director Irvin Kershner, actors Peter Weller, Dan O’Herlihy and a look at the filming of some deleted scene (46 minutes)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Teaser Trailers
• TV Spots
• Deleted Scenes Still Gallery
• Still Galleries (behind-the-scenes photos, stills, posters and lobby cards)

ROBOCOP 3

• NEW Audio Commentary with director Fred Dekker
• NEW Audio Commentary with the makers of “RoboDoc: The Creation of RoboCop” documentary – Gary Smart, Chris Griffiths and Eastwood Allen
• NEW Delta City Shuffle: The Making of ROBOCOP 3 featuring director Fred Dekker, actors Nancy Allen, Bruce Locke, producer Patrick Crowley, cinematographer Gary Kibbe and production designer Hilda Stark (38 minutes)
• NEW Robo-Vision: The FX of ROBOCOP 3 featuring Peter Kuran, Phil Tippett, Craig Hayes, Kevin Kutchaver and Paul Gentry (12 minutes)
• NEW The Corporate Ladder – an interview with actor Felton Perry (11 minutes)
• NEW Training Otomo – an interview with actor Bruce Locke and martial arts trainer Bill Ryusaki (8 minutes)
• NEW War Machine – an interview with RoboCop gun fabricator James Belohovek (9 minutes)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Still Gallery

Both titles officially release on March 21 but if you order directly from us you'll get them two weeks early plus receive a limited-edition 18" x 24" poster (while supplies last).

Pre-order ROBOCOP 2 @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/sci-fi/robocop-2-collector-s-edition

Pre-order ROBOCOP 3 @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/sci-fi/robocop-3-collector-s-edition

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:17 pm Reply with quote

Well, many of those seem rather short, but it's still more than what we've had so far so I'm looking forward to these! It's great to see R2 and 3 getting some bonus features.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:17 pm Reply with quote

Commentaries from the RoboDoc folks are ok, somewhat expected. Not really psyched about the Sammon commentary for R2 though.. was hoping for Davison. But eh. Will be good to hear Dekker for R3 though for sure.

The featurettes I'm really pleased about. Yes some bits are a tad short but all sound chock full of good stuff, I'm really liking the vintage interviews for R2 and the focused pieces for R2 and especially R3 - one stands out in particular for myself (three guesses which one Smile ). The 'declassified' BTS bits I'm also very psyched about!

Anyway, sounds all pretty f'n awesome to me! Especially considering the price, which I was honestly expecting to maybe be just a tad higher. Never more have I been bummed about not having Blu-Ray.. perhaps now I have real motivation to upgrade.

All-in-all this is easily one of the best things ever to happen for Robo! Love it!

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:42 pm Reply with quote

There is definitely some good stuff on there. The main draw seems to be the new documentaries / features, of which there is an abundance. Obviously, the one I am most interested in is the one with Steven Grant. As far as the commentaries, I am definitely hoping to hear the one with Fred Dekker for Robocop 3. As far as the commentary from the crew of the Robodoc, I'm not too thrilled but I guess it's a nice bonus. i would have rather seen commentary from us rather than some random fans, but if I like the Robodoc that will make me more interested.

Overall, there are a lot of great features on here, even more than I expected. Still not a fan of the cover art, and we all would have loved to see the Robocop 2 deleted scenes but at least they included some pics. I don't have a BluRay player so I won't be buying these products anyway, but I do hope to get a peek at the features some day. Its just great seeing them take a somewhat new approach instead of just recycling the same stuff. And of course the thing I am happiest about is to see a whole (albeit six minute) feature dedicated to the comics. Robodoc take note!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:05 am Reply with quote

Region A will be a problem.

RB 1199

game-xbox
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:18 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Commentaries from the RoboDoc folks are ok, somewhat expected. Not really psyched about the Sammon commentary for R2 though.. was hoping for Davison. But eh. Will be good to hear Dekker for R3 though for sure.

The featurettes I'm really pleased about. Yes some bits are a tad short but all sound chock full of good stuff, I'm really liking the vintage interviews for R2 and the focused pieces for R2 and especially R3 - one stands out in particular for myself (three guesses which one Smile ). The 'declassified' BTS bits I'm also very psyched about!

It's telling that Davison hasn't participated on the comm. Maybe his feelings about "2" are same as Nancy's. The featurettes are no shorter than what we've had on "1's" releases. Standard lengths overall.

I wouldn't knock Paul Sammon. He's been a reliable source on the docos for "1", since MGM's 'FLESH + STEEL' on the old trio boxset. He's very articulate, shot the BTS footage/interviews during 1's filming, and probably did the same for 2 on-set in Houston. That's why we're getting something like 'OCP DECLASSFIED'. It's bound to be his treasure chest.

He's always seemed very passionate about "ROBOCOP", and must've seen or heard all that took place. I for one I'm very much looking forward to that. Far more than the 'RoboDoc' guys, who didn't even work on the film. What's their connection to it? The BluRay producer might as well've grabbed Oliver Harper's track from YouTube, and given him payment for use. I doubt they'll beat the wittiness of it, but perhaps they've gone further with the analysis. Comparing it to the other instalments and imagining stronger material.

Still, I would've preferred Davison and co. Seems Frank Miller and Walon Green want to forget the picture. They're neither here or on 'RoboDoc'. Shame.

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:35 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
And of course the thing I am happiest about is to see a whole (albeit six minute) feature dedicated to the comics. Robodoc take note!

You know, if there was a demand for it, I'm sure Scream or the producer handling this release would be interested in doing a feature docu on the comics. They'd have to know whether it would sell. Maybe those of us who've never read them will enjoy Steven's interview, and contribute to a Kickstarter to get it done. Then again, they probably wouldn't want to get involved in a crowd-funder, but you could start it and see where it goes.

RB 2500

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:01 am Reply with quote

Bah, Sammon's a reliable and passionate source so long as he can also make a buck off it. :roll: Hey I'm not knocking his know-how in Robo - he's certainly a 'RoboCop Expert' in terms of info and background, whatever his ostentatious self-title. Nonetheless, he has had a rather checkered rep in the past around here. All-told, just like you, he wouldn't be my absolute first choice, simple as that.

That said, though I did note their commentaries I sort of expected and noted that in a not-that-psyched way, I wouldn't knock the RoboDoc guys just because they weren't actually 'there' and/or involved in any 'official' capacity. Keep in mind their Doc is quite possibly a good bit of impetus for these releases being done in the first place.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 am Reply with quote

HOB888 :
Region A will be a problem.

Amen. Still thinking if I should get them anyway and trying to play them on the computer or skip these two. But I´d love to see some bonus features and get an upgrade to HD from these flicks...

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Bah, Sammon's a reliable and passionate source so long as he can also make a buck off it. :roll: Hey I'm not knocking his know-how in Robo - he's certainly a 'RoboCop Expert' in terms of info and background, whatever his ostentatious self-title. Nonetheless, he has had a rather checkered rep in the past around here.

Can you elaborate on that? I don't know of his reputation.

Spectrum Scarlet :
I wouldn't knock Paul Sammon...

Stan The Man :
I wouldn't knock the RoboDoc guys

Uh-huh. Ok. :roll:

Stan The Man :
...just because they weren't actually 'there' and/or involved in any 'official' capacity. Keep in mind their Doc is quite possibly a good bit of impetus for these releases being done in the first place.

I doubt it. I reckon Scream would've given the two films a shot, regardless. Still not a reason.

RB 2500

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:46 pm Reply with quote

Spectrum Scarlet :
Stan The Man :
Bah, Sammon's a reliable and passionate source so long as he can also make a buck off it. :roll: Hey I'm not knocking his know-how in Robo - he's certainly a 'RoboCop Expert' in terms of info and background, whatever his ostentatious self-title. Nonetheless, he has had a rather checkered rep in the past around here.

Can you elaborate on that? I don't know of his reputation.

In the past he's gone on massive purges of his material being used anywhere non-official in any capacity, including on this site, nevermind in the vast majority of cases - particularly here - use of his material (in RA's case just portions of it, mind you) was by legitimate fans in clear fair use, and not trying to profit of 'his' work (this was well before Archive even had ads on the site). But he'll do it on any 'official' releases because its 'official'. And because he can get paid for his official-ness. Bah, this man said it a decade ago, and after ten years I still don't see where anything has changed there.

Robocop_Unit_1983 :
What really angers me is that Sammon wants to control Robocop policy like it was a puppet with money, and that shouldn't be the case. Nor should he think of himself superior to us just because his company owns the copyrights, and if anything like Judza said: He should get his happyass into this website and share some ideas so that we can stop looking at his kind as pretentious tycoons who make money by bastardizing a cult franchise.

Now I'm not saying he's a truly detestable character personally or anything. But in terms of RoboCop at the end of the day he's another vestige and adjunct of MGM being arrogantly overprotectionist in regards to dealing with their 'product'. Which I and many fans did not appreciate then - and I rather still don't, whatever his knowledge and capacity of involvement. That is what I 'knock' here. In truth, that doesn't have too much to do with this, but still.

All-told, I'm not 'knocking' his commentary, I'm not displeased he's involved, as he no doubt has provided and will provide much insight and even perhaps some of this other actual material (then again, why wait all this time to do so?) but I again just ain't psyched to have him do the commentary for the film. That's it.

All the other shit aside, I'm not sure how much involved he was with R2 really. In which case he might not be much less a 'second-hand' than the RoboDoc guys. Though I will say there could be good there - If he wasn't as intimate with R2 then that includes the bad and so we might get a more even take there, which would be good. In any case I don't have to listen to his commentary if I don't want to. I agree Davison quite possibly has a bad taste in his mouth about R2, he's certainly not the only one there. Still a shame though.

Spectrum Scarlet :
Quote:
I wouldn't knock Paul Sammon...

Stan The Man :
I wouldn't knock the RoboDoc guys

Uh-huh. Ok. :roll:

Again, what I 'knock' Sammon on admittedly doesn't have too much to do with the release itself. With that, the RoboDoc guys have done this, and especially the Doc, clearly as a labor of love as fans, with more support from rather than exploitation of other fans. Again, I don't see what there is to 'knock' there.

Quote:
Stan The Man :
...just because they weren't actually 'there' and/or involved in any 'official' capacity. Keep in mind their Doc is quite possibly a good bit of impetus for these releases being done in the first place.

I doubt it. I reckon Scream would've given the two films a shot, regardless. Still not a reason.

I think maybe. But, maybe not, that's fair enough. That said, not a reason for what? Really not seeing what you have against what are fellow fans. Which their commentary is clearly meant to be as such, more observational than reflective. In that case they would be as good as any of us, and I'd never mind hearing of any of us doing a fan commentary.

That said, their lack of 'inside info' yeah I get that, but while they lack a real 'connection', given all their work on the Doc I imagine there's some stuff they could come up as well. Not too much, as they'd have to balance this with their own work on the Doc, but still. Simply put, I'm just not seeing the reason for negativity there. Ultimately, just as I said earlier I don't have to listen to Sammon, you likewise don't have to listen to Chris and the Doc guys.

RB 52679

Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:29 pm Reply with quote

You're making out I'm attacking them. I'm not. Don't overreact or make a thing of it.

RB 2500

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Spectrum Scarlet :
You're making out I'm attacking them. I'm not. Don't overreact or make a thing of it.

Ah, well it just seemed a bit too derisive is all. No problem though.

Back to the job here - I've noticed some folks half-complaining about the lack of the workprint or any footage from it. I think some of that is a legal issue but otherwise for us who've seen the workprint, it's very rough and, well, fucked-up looking. It'd take a massive amount of work to try and clean it up to any remotely decent level to include I think. That and it's mainly just the film as we know it with only a scant few extra bits and Basil's music - There really aren't many 'deleted' scenes worthy of note from it to include I think, shower scene is about it. Though I did like Kuzaks extended yak, heh.

Anyway point is most of the deleted scenes that I, and I think others, would be most interested in, aren't there, or indeed anywhere; I fear they're truly lost save for the stills and bits we're getting.

RB 52679

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 pm Reply with quote

Speaking of the workprint, was the scene where Robo and Lewis go to OCP to find out who's brain it is in R2 ever get leaked in some form or do we have stills only?

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard