New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2 and 3 - Blu Ray - Special Features announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:35 am Reply with quote

Spectrum Scarlet :
Any chance of you uploading some snippets, Archive, improving on the editing as you've done before?

I doubt i would be able to upload anything containing the new footage/interviews without MGM (but mostly Paul M. Sammon) getting trigger happy with the copyright infringement button.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Steve Freeling
Patriarch of the Freeling clan

O-L2

Comment: Let's give him what he wants.

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote

Sammon doesn't own RoboCop. What's his problem?

RB 237

game-xbox
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote

Steve Freeling :

A lot of the old behind the scenes footage on the new discs were shot by Sammon so i fully expect that he would go all in if anyone should upload it.

The archive has had some copyright problems with that guy before so i know he can be kinda aggressive when it comes to copyright. Unfortunately.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Steve Freeling :

A lot of the old behind the scenes footage on the new discs were shot by Sammon so i fully expect that he would go all in if anyone should upload it.

The archive has had some copyright problems with that guy before so i know he can be kinda aggressive when it comes to copyright. Unfortunately.

Well then, what about some clips of the new interviews, sans his footage? Shout have released these. None of them particularly juicy, though Mark Irwin I'm very interested to hear from.

https://youtu.be/LQhZjSPYj50
https://youtu.be/USc-rCblEPY
https://youtu.be/H7Ro9Y_1bN0
https://youtu.be/83n8QVENEEs

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:58 pm Reply with quote

Spectrum Scarlet :
Archive :
Steve Freeling :

Well then, what about some clips of the new interviews, sans his footage? Shout have released these. None of them particularly juicy, though Mark Irwin I'm very interested to hear from.

https://youtu.be/LQhZjSPYj50
https://youtu.be/USc-rCblEPY
https://youtu.be/H7Ro9Y_1bN0
https://youtu.be/83n8QVENEEs

Those are 'official' clips. The same issue still exists, if not with Sammon or MGM than with Scream Factory themselves - They likely wouldn't be any more forgiving than those others about any of their stuff being uploaded off-hand by any third party that didn't pay for their use. And to a point, they'd be in the right. After all, the point is to buy the discs themselves.

I'm sure Archive has tried to contact and see if he could post clips with their blessing, but I'm also sure what the answer he got was. Bottom-line, as tempting as it may be, we've had problems with this shit before and as before, it's really not worth jeopardizing the entire site over.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:51 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
And to a point, they'd be in the right. After all, the point is to buy the discs themselves.

Yeah, there's that. It would be kind of a shitty thing to do just uploading the content they made. Same thing with the RoboDoc coming later.

That said, perhaps we could do some secret archive thing though, just for the core board users here.

RB 347913

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote

You could upload videos but make them private and only the link posted on here would be able to access it or something like that.

Also, Oliver Harper has a review of the 2 Blu-Ray's up on YouTube and you can see some of the new footage on that, including the graveyard scene behind the scenes stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBJZMdPGrq8

RB 17167

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote

Heads up, guys! Scream Factory is having a sale on their site and the RoboCop 2 & 3 Collector's Editions are 50% off (17.50$ each). I guess now's the time to grab 'em if you haven't...

Unfortunately, my BD player is not region free, so I don't have a way of playing them... but I might still import them, as you never know, they might be impossible to find later on.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Heads up, guys! Scream Factory is having a sale on their site and the RoboCop 2 & 3 Collector's Editions are 50% off (17.50$ each). I guess now's the time to grab 'em if you haven't...

Unfortunately, my BD player is not region free, so I don't have a way of playing them... but I might still import them, as you never know, they might be impossible to find later on.

I donīt have any idea about copyright, specially in big things like this, but canīt understand why they didnīt go for a Region Free release. I assume itīd be tricky to get these editions on other countries as the extras are made by Shout themselves, so why donīt trying a Region 0 edition? Absurd. Sadly, sales here are poor as heck, but there are still collectors in other regions as well.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:21 pm Reply with quote

Region Locking in general can go screw itself. But Shout! are notorious for their region locking, they don't even ship outside the US and therefore some of their releases sell at triple the prices from 3rd party sellers.
Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to unlock the regions on my BD player yet, as I did for my DVD player back in the day.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:13 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to unlock the regions on my BD player yet, as I did for my DVD player back in the day.

Same here. I could unlock the DVD players back then, but no luck with the BD. Itīs a shame; didnīt know there was a "multiregion" one of the same model I bought.

Anyway, for anyone on the US itīs good news having a discount in these two editions.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:25 pm Reply with quote

Wow! Special features for Robocop 2 and 3. That will be cool to check out (I guess that means that I will now have 2 copies of 2 and 3 in my collection). The 20 year anniversary edition of the first film had a lot of cool stuff, too.

Speaking of Robocop 2, I just read an article that someone posted on Facebook from birthmoviesdeath.com where some dude weighed in on Robocop 2. He summarized things ok, and made some observations that members of this forum might appreciate, but I think he missed some things, lacked detail on some others, and had a negative opinion of the movie. I think he suffers from a case of Robocop sequel regret (RSR for all you psychological types). He should check out some of our debates on this forum for some added perspective.

If you want to check it out, here's the link: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/10/22/sunday-reads-the-strange-case-of-robocop-2

Enjoy my metal-headed friends!
JOF

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote

I used to have an old Coby dvd player that I could "hack" to play other regions (something I found on some website). I felt like such a badass. Those were the days.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard