New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Custom figma scale robocain project

DontSwingArms
Clearly not important

R-L5

Comment: "Approved and wanted by no one ever"~Peter Weller on the subject of my existence

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:21 pm Reply with quote

aka anyone that isn't Phil Tippett's worst nightmare, anyone know a good sized Cain model kit thing to hack up that scales well with figma robo. I decided to make a separate topic for this project cause well it's a project of monsterous preportions, and probably the only one people will care about *sits in corner* *cue all around me are familiar faces* AHEM, excuse my bad sense of humor, so, is there like some Japanese robocain model kit that costs like fortunes that someone is probably saving up for so while making it articulated I can make a snuff film of it getting hacked into pieces and show it to people.

RB 132

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:24 pm Reply with quote

It's called argonauts Cain. It goes for around 300€. I started building and articulating one in 2012 nothanks
But wasn't able to continue, because being a father is much tougher shit than I thought.

My new approach is this: I bought that badass 3d file. Now I'll just wait until 3d printers are around 10.000% better and my figma robo Cain will be rolling in. Waiting and paying is more compatible with my current lifestyle than sitting in my workshop for days on End.

RB 787

game-xbox
DontSwingArms
Clearly not important

R-L5

Comment: "Approved and wanted by no one ever"~Peter Weller on the subject of my existence

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:06 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
It's called argonauts Cain. It goes for around 300€. I started building and articulating one in 2012 :nothanks:
But wasn't able to continue, because being a father is much tougher shit than I thought.

My new approach is this: I bought that badass 3d file. Now I'll just wait until 3d printers are around 10.000% better and my figma robo Cain will be rolling in. Waiting and paying is more compatible with my current lifestyle than sitting in my workshop for days on End.

This projects been cancelled actually BUT i could help you with your argonauts Cain conversion since I had a lot of blueprints and stuff to make the process easier, I could give you to them, someone has already actually converted a argonauts Cain to articulation. I could show you pictures of that and I have a archive of unseen robocain prop shoots since my father got to visit phils workshop when he still had all the Cain puppets and got to take quite a bit of photography of all the Cain puppets and their countless details if you want. I'm currently working on a customly 3D printed NECA scale robocain since I moved my entire project to NECA scale since it scales with other things much better.

RB 132

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:01 pm Reply with quote

Just share what you got on here. It will be much appreciated.
I know about the argonauts Cain that was articulated by sabertooth customs or something like that.
The thing is, there is the easy way and then there is the good way. I'm not trying to piss on the guy here, because he certainly does have skills superior to mine.
But cain's knee alone is pretty complex. It took me a few hours just to come up with a strategy to articulate it in a way that will let it rotate Front to back and side to side. This dude just jammed a rod in there.
Then there is the hip section, he just left it as it was while I milled a fully functioning set of aluminum pistons that move and support the figure.
Unfortunately I'm a lazy bastard, so the whole project is on hold since 2012.
I have a thread about it here, but it no longer shows the pictures.
I might take some more if I find the time to pick it back up again.

RB 787

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard