New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

NECA is making a Robo vs. Terminator Future Robocop figure!!

TODD-209
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Check it out:

http://news.toyark.com/2017/05/18/neca-preview-ultimate-future-robocop-robocop-vs-terminator-comic-252968

RB 1633

ultra4
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 am Reply with quote

Nice.
How big is this going to be?
Kind of hope it will be a bit bulkier like the comic as is looking quite skinny like the old tv series figures.

RB 4892

Ed-260
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:12 am Reply with quote

Good that this figure is still in the works. This was first revealed as being a thing they were working on way back in august 2015. Then Robo still had a terminator face, which they apparently are no longer are going with. I assume this will be the same 7 inch size as their previous Robo variants.

I'm not gonna say i understand anything on how the toy and figure business work but sometime things seem to move so incredibly slow. From prototype to a finished product can take years and years. We are still waiting to hear anything new from the RoboCain by threezero that was also shown in 2015.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Shame they ditched the Endoskeleton face.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:16 pm Reply with quote

Are we sure that those are both supposed to be the same figure? I would guess that they are based on two different characters. The original pic is of the Endocops that Robocop manufactures en masse. The new pic is of Robocop asa he appears in the last issue. This version of Robocop, with the jetpack and rocket arm, leads the Endocops into battle. I'm thinking that they are gonna do a whole line for these figures, like the first RvT series based on the game. We'll probably see these two new figures as well as a couple re-painted 'comics color' endoskeletons and maybe a regular Robocop repaint as well. NECA's strategy is to use their old sculpts as much as possible with slight adjustments, so I think what I predict is pretty reasonable though I wouldn't expect any other new characters like the girl from RvT or the Terminator kid. But these being two separate figures seems pretty obvious to me as they are based on two different characters.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
We are still waiting to hear anything new from the RoboCain by threezero that was also shown in 2015.

I read somewhere that threezero have cancelled their Cain sadly.

As for this, Pimp might be right, we might see two variants of the figure, the Future War version and the EndoCop.

However, it might also be a licensing issue of having something with both the Robo and Terminator brand. I notice the old RvT figures actually only carried branding for one or the other, so it'll be interesting to see if this is branded as an RvT figure on the box, or simply a RoboCop one.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard