New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop Vs. Terminator (Neca)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:07 pm Reply with quote

Hereīs the first look at the new RoboCop/Terminator hybrid from Frank Millerīs story: https://www.facebook.com/necaofficial/photos/a.122768954452165.19119.122743857788008/1541534429242270/?type=3&permPage=1

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:40 pm Reply with quote

Its fucking terrible..I'm disgusted with NECA and their minimal efforts when it comes to their Robocop line..Its trash.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:21 pm Reply with quote

Awesome! Not 100% comic accurate but certainly captures the main details. This also seems to confirm my belief that the first prototype we saw for the Endocop was unrelated to this figure, and hopefully that one is still on its way. Robocop vs. Terminator is usually considered Robocop's (and the Terminator's) greatest comic book outing, but it has been criminally under-appreciated in recent history. NECA is honoring a great moment from Robocop's past with a nice new figure(s) so I don't see how you can be mad about that.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Its a shit book..But what Im mad about is Neca coming back for another double dip with again essentially the same fucking figure..Thats lazy.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:06 pm Reply with quote

While I don't so much agree with vegas-man about the comic, I agree considerably about this figure. I don't absolutely hate it but really just such blatant reuse-reduce-recycle goin' on here. Bah, they could have done even a bit better and the result would have been more than worth the effort. More than that is they had 2 odd years with this.. All-told, I just gotta concur this is rather weak.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:02 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Its a shit book.

Could you be more wrong? I am seriously interested to hear what you think is wrong with this comic, in more eloquent terms than 'it's shit'... to me Robocop vs. Terminator represents the peak of Robocop. I'm not saying everyone has to agree, but when you say one of the best parts of the Robocop franchise is 'shit' I gotta wonder how you earned that level 2 fan award. If someone came in here saying they loved the remake and the original movie was 'shit' we'd all be having a go at them, so I feel obligated to now tell you it sounds like you are talking out of your ass.

RB 1658

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:45 am Reply with quote

Hey kettle, the pot's calling. Seriously, come the fuck on Pimp, you've shit on a fair bit of arguably decent and better than decent Robo stuff yourself - that you did it with a bunch more words doesn't change the fact you were still saying essentially the same thing. That said can't believe you're bringing up that fan level shit again - who the fuck are you to talk about fan levels? Hell, you got your own 'award' by bitching more than anything else, much less than can be said in regards to Adam as far as I'm concerned. Then again only one even bringing up that shitty question is you as you bleat about an icon on a messageboard. Anyway, I'll grant yes Adam was definitely a bit harsh for my liking but he don't like RvsT, you do, leave it at that, at least as far as this thread's concerned. Make no mistake there's legitimate complaints about RvsT and while I personally like it a lot they're there.

With that, I personally believe there's only one peak for Robo and that is the original film - anything else is a shadow, some closer shadows than others but still. It's the reason we have any of this and why any of us are here. That's why anyone calling it shit - be it in so many or more words - is automatically wrong, anything else is technically debatable to varying degrees. And that's all I care to say on this here since the actual RvsT comic, one's particular Robo tastes, and/or especially any shitty debate about one's supposed level of Robo fandom aren't really relevant points of discussion for this topic.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Hwho the fuck are you to talk about fan levels? Hell, you got your own 'award' by bitching.

This is 100% true and it did cross my mind when writing it but I still stand by what I say because there is no better topic to go to (flame) war with someone over than Robocop vs. Terminator! I mean, what is this site here for if not to debate Robocop? Even if that 'debate' results in calling each other wankers and bell ends...

If I see someone say RvT is shit, I must say they are shit too. And maybe even that they even shit and rub it on their genitals. Because let's face it, Robocop vs. Terminator is god tier Robocop. We know this much, and when someone disagrees I will tell them how I feel. If someone came in here saying Peter Weller is shit we'd be responding in kind. So let the hatred for Robocop vs. Terminator, completely uncalled for mind you, pour in and I will respond in kind.

Back on topic. Haters gonna hate. Lovers gonna love. I don't even want none of the above. I just want this figure!

RB 1658

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:49 am Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of the hybrid design in the comic in the first place, so it's not surprising I don't like the figure. The rockets in the back look atrocious imho, and the rest is actually not that faithful, as Robo's torso and legs are mostly standard Robo stuff recycled, which shows how little confident they were about the whole concept.

An interesting touch though, is the silver chinguard, doesn't look bad at all.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:26 pm Reply with quote

I, for one, love RvsT. It has got to be one of my favorite comics, next to the original Marvel series. As for the figure, I understand that NECA did their usual "lets reuse what we've got to save money" but that's a standard in all of my favorite 80's toy lines (I'm looking at YOU Kenner...). At least they made sure to include the small details like the quad boosters on the legs and the rockets on his back. I do agree that they could have done with a new mold for the legs and torso to more accurately depict his rebuilt future war look.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:37 am Reply with quote

More Robo VS. Terminator: https://www.facebook.com/necaofficial/posts/1542761335786246

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:05 am Reply with quote

I hate to say I told you so, but I did! Remember when they showed us the issue 4 Robocop prototype and everyone was like 'why did they give up on the previous one it looked so much better blah blah blah" and I was like "that is gonna be a different figure entirely"... well I am happy to say I am right if only because I want the whole line. The terminator dog is just an added bonus. The only problem with this figure is that I'm not gonna be content with just one!

RB 1658

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Eh, looks like a pretty minimum effort on NECA's part once again. Should have done the damn figure right with new legs/torso, or not bothered doing it at all. They have become the masters of the rehash.

RB 495

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:14 am Reply with quote

Mephisto :
They have become the masters of the rehash.

I'm afraid that title belongs to Kenner Laughing

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard