New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop Vs. Terminator (Neca)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:10 pm Reply with quote

I'll definitely be adding EndoCop and Ultimate Future Robo to my collection.
There was part of my wondering if they'd ever clear the dual license. I hear what people are saying about the old moulds, but the line has to start somewhere. Even Neca's early Predators were pretty unextraordinary before they switched it up. If these sell well (and they're pretty affordable) maybe they'll invest in paying Peter for his likeness and then follow with Nancy.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:40 am Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
maybe they'll invest in paying Peter for his likeness and then follow with Nancy.

I've been saying this for years... They need a Lewis figure in this line. Preferably swap-able heads to reflect her three different hair styles between the movies... NECA has done so many worthless characters in their other lines it would be better to invest in one that would actually be worth it.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:50 pm Reply with quote

RoboWags :
I've been saying this for years... They need a Lewis figure in this line. Preferably swap-able heads to reflect her three different hair styles between the movies... NECA has done so many worthless characters in their other lines it would be better to invest in one that would actually be worth it.

I asked them a while ago on Twitter and they said the "studio doesn't hold likeness rights." Now, that may be true as back in 1987, they wouldn't have had that in actor's contracts like they automatically would with a sci-fi/franchise film nowadays, but the same would have gone for Terminator 1, and they have produced figures from that.

Also, their Alien/Aliens line has started to include not only the Nostromo crew and marines but a Burke figure (not Robert, sorry!) I am sure they could negotiate with Nancy and Kurtwood to use their likeness (Nancy would be a good shout as they could get some good variant use to make it worth their while. 3 different haircuts from the classic trilogy, R1 battle-damaged, police helmet look, 'bubble-gum' look, Kenner Ultra Police figure look.

If Peter isn't keen to license his likeness, I'd like to see them approach Robert and do a helmetless Robo 3 figure.

RB 2943

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:42 am Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
I asked them a while ago on Twitter and they said the "studio doesn't hold likeness rights."

Thatīs sad, and that explains how bad the likeness on their past Sin City line looked. But I agree with you on that, we need more RoboFigures, as there are plenty of RoboCops there. Lewis should be a must have, and itīd be cool to have Reed, Emil or Clarence in the mix.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote

I would love a Lewis, Boddicker, and mutated Emil [s]toys[/s] action figures. Cain too?

Failing that maybe they could get away with a less direct face from the movies and go with a more stylised look? Not necessarily "What if Robocop was a DC animated cartoon?" but totally "What if Robocop was a DC animated cartoon?"

I'll be honest the Termi-Robo fusion doesn't interest me.

RB 710

cake
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Lewis, Boddicker and Cain would look pretty stupid when they try to build them by putting together a bunch of RoboCop parts.
Before any of those are released, Neca will make their own comic about robocop-alien-predator symbionts so they can reuse some more of their precious molds.

RB 787

game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:30 am Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
Neca will make their own comic about robocop-alien-predator

Homie, I been waiting for that comic my entire life. oh dear

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:17 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Fummelcop :
Neca will make their own comic about robocop-alien-predator

Homie, I been waiting for that comic my entire life. oh dear

Hell yeah Smile

RB 2943

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Props, suits and figures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard