New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New Robo Movie in the works at MGM ???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:55 pm Reply with quote

Ed Neumeier recently attended a film festival in Barbados to talk about screenwriting, sci-fi, and to screen RoboCop. In this interview he teases a new RoboCop movie he’s working on with MGM that may be going back to the roots of the character.

"It’s nice that people are still interested in RoboCop and they have me working on a new one at MGM right now so maybe we’ll get another one out of it."

"Well, here’s what I’ll say. We’re not supposed to say too much.
There’s been a bunch of other RoboCop movies and there was recently a remake and I would say this would be kind of going back to the old RoboCop we all love and starting there and going forward.

So it’s a continuation really of the first movie. In my mind. So it’s a little bit more of the old school thing."

SOURCE: http://www.zgemag.com/biff-2018-interview-ed-neumeier/

*Post edited for New forum

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:55 pm Reply with quote

My god, that is good news to start 2018.

I so hope something comes out of this.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:09 pm Reply with quote

at least we all know its going to be hardcore... and not a rubber cop . great news fingers crossed

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:44 pm Reply with quote

Very interesting stuff,I really think we're gonna get an animated ala' the latest Starship Troopers release type film,Which I have to say is probably the best way to continue Robo,That way you'll have Peter back no problem..I hope they do not continue in the vein of that shit reboot.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
I really think we're gonna get an animated ala' the latest Starship Troopers release type film,

That is actually a strong possibility. It could even be one of Ed's main selling point when he talked to MGM.

Would certainly be interesting.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:28 pm Reply with quote

And I thought the new comic news couldn't be topped!

Best news ever.

I'd thought an Troopers-style animation could be a route to go, but I reckon Ed would have mentioned this if that were the case.

Archive said it recently, there's still a lot of love for Robo. I think MGM have probably realised that, plus the fact that Deadpool, Logan and Kingsman have proved there's still an appetite for R-rated action films. They just have to be done right.

Getting Ed on board to steer it in the right direction, even if he doesn't write it, is just such the right way to go.

I wouldn't mind betting on a similar idea to Blade Runner 2049, in terms of keeping the continuity and tone, but picking up the story 30 years later.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:58 am Reply with quote

With you guys.. though of course it's not certain it seems going animated would be a logical choice.. would allow Weller to be involved and of course eliminate other production issues. Not that I'm adverse to it being 'real' filmed.. As said, so long as it's done right - And I think there's better odds of that happening with Ed being involved.

In any event this is bitchin'! Look forward to hearing more about this. Very Happy

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:14 am Reply with quote

If it's animated and Weller declines to voice it, they could always use the guy who did this: https://youtu.be/F_a8Kwf8e9E

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:07 am Reply with quote

After the years long burn that was Robocop 2014, I'm gonna hold off getting excited for now. Better just to pretend it doesn't exist until they show us a suit, that is when the trouble started last time...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: "You gotta ask yourself one question, ED209, do you feel lucky?"

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:00 pm Reply with quote

I have a feeling too that it will be an animation, maybe something quite similar to the recent Batman : Caped Crusader cartoons that were voiced by Adam West before he passed away. Although as it's RoboCop, it will likely be rated 15 or even a 12 which might not be that bad as with those ratings, you can still get away with your fair share of grit and violence. It would be great to hear the voices of Nancy Allen and Felton Perry again as they both reprise the characters of Lewis and Johnson and in a way, I think anyone can voice RoboCop. Perhaps get Robert John Burke or even Casper Van Dien to do it.

RB 400

alex-murphy game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 pm Reply with quote

I hope they´d go live action. Wouldn´t it be nice to see a sequel with the same writers in the big screen again? Neumeier said in some interviews he´s seeing Verhoeven time to time; Verhoeven said that it seems MGM is taking a look to Corporated Wars. If something like that would happen, would be incredible.

As for animated, I´d be more interested on a traditional 2D animation, or a cell shading one than the CGI route like Starship Troopers. But let´s see what will get (if they doesn´t scrap the idea).

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:00 pm Reply with quote

This is definitely exciting, but I dare not get my hopes up until the thing actually enters development...

Frankly, live-action would be... weird and maybe a difficult sell, due to Rebootcop. While that movie is now mostly forgotten, it'd be kind of strange to do another live-action one which goes back to the classic suit, etc... I can work, but how exactly they'd pull it off, I haven't a clue.

An animated DTV feature could do the job too thouth!

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:23 am Reply with quote

I’m no expert on the ins and outs of property ownership when it comes to production companies but I really hope, whichever shape this new movie takes, that the newly reformed ORION Pictures logo shows up at the beginning.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:33 am Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
I’m no expert on the ins and outs of property ownership when it comes to production companies but I really hope, whichever shape this new movie takes, that the newly reformed ORION Pictures logo shows up at the beginning.

That would be a nice touch, yep.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard