New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New Robo Movie in the works at MGM ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:02 pm Reply with quote

POCOBOR :
I’m no expert on the ins and outs of property ownership when it comes to production companies but I really hope, whichever shape this new movie takes, that the newly reformed ORION Pictures logo shows up at the beginning.

Agree. It's like James Bond and the United Artists logo - they go hand in hand.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:09 pm Reply with quote

All talk of animation aside, it could be recast in a way that works out well enough. I wouldn't mind a recast (I didn't mind Robert Burke) as long as they stuck to what Weller developed in terms of vocals and movement.

Now the big question for me is Lewis. If this retcons the sequels then she would still be alive. There have been several actresses that have been brought up over the years that could play her faithfully. I am excited to see where Ed takes this.

P.S. OMG we need Verhoeven back for this in the WORST way!

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure if they will actually incorporate Lewis that much. Keep in mind that they scrapped all of the supporting cast for "Corporate Wars" and they could easily go the same route. That is, if this actually enters serious development.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:41 pm Reply with quote

I hope they can jump start a new series with this and do a little world building. Not just the same OCP is bad and corrupt, the police is on strike etc. etc. Ed has a chance here to re-define Robo into something else, and I hope he does something very different with it.

Something like Corporate Wars would be nice. ( but perhaps not as extreme) It just needs to be something that can be expanded upon and last for more than one movie. I was very disappointment how they handled that in the remake.

I like many others are fond of the classic characters, but i hope they can bring new stuff into this rather than doing the same stuff over and over again. I don't want to see a 80 year old Nancy Allen as Anne Lewis in the movie unless it serves an emotional purpose, like Robo living forever and people he love getting older. Otherwise they need to recast everyone.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:43 am Reply with quote

I don't believe they're thinking about animation and that MGM want another RoboCop live-action film.

This 2016 interview suggests these developments might've been going on for some time:

VERHOEVEN: It’s interesting, I just heard that they want to…when I did Robocop they immediately wanted to do a sequel the next year. This was Orion who went bankrupt, but that’s ok. So I was interested. In the United States they make sequels. I get it. So myself and Michael Miner started working on ideas. We were really thinking about it because I feel a sequel has to go further. I think one of the best sequels is Star Wars 2, probably. That is a sequel that’s good. Normally they aren’t good because it’s so difficult to find that inspiration. So I really wanted to take some time and develop something that deserved to exist and was different. But Orion didn’t want to wait, so they used other people. But I just heard that MGM was thinking of picking up the ideas that we were working on in ’87 (Laughs). I don’t know if they’ll do it, but they are talking about it.

http://collider.com/paul-verhoeven-elle-robocop-reboot-interview/

RB 306

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:56 am Reply with quote

Imagine a new RoboCop 2 that's the basic story of Corporate Wars tweaked slightly to make it "filmable". I'm actually excited for this, even though I shouldn't be, but I only hope that as the original writers are involved that they hopefully try and get Verhoeven involved and use the classic suit again. No redesigns!

RB 18145

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:37 am Reply with quote

Everyone has been speaking in favor of Corporate Wars, and I have to jump on the other side and say that is the LAST thing I want to see, well not really, but if they are gonna go with old school Robo I would so, so, so rather see something NEW than something OLD, everything Robo related is nostalgia this, return to the roots that, the reboot retreaded the whole origin turf, we've had so much stuff set right after Robo 1 it is silly! Part of what makes, or should I say MADE, Robo great was the cutting edge satire. I don't want to see them slap a can of modern paint on old bones, sorry but that story's time has passed, at least for me. I want something built in the 21st century, a modern tale I can get excited for. Soo much of modern crap is rehashed this and retread that, any kind of recent Robocop story be it in comics or well that's kind of it has been lacking, there just hasn't been a truly original idea about Robocop in a long ass time. Give me something fresh! Not old hat!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Bauc
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: Dead or Alive you are comming with me

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote

After a long time in offline mode, some good news got me back operational Very Happy

This is the best news I've heard in a long long time. Rubber-cop 2014 was a total shit and a slap in the face of the original.

If MGM are serious about making a proper sequel to the original I would love the story to pick up right after the ending of the movie. Yes his personal vendetta is done, but now there is a power vacuum in old Detroit and old Detroit has a cancer......

RB 449

Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Everyone has been speaking in favor of Corporate Wars, and I have to jump on the other side and say that is the LAST thing I want to see, well not really, but if they are gonna go with old school Robo I would so, so, so rather see something NEW than something OLD, everything Robo related is nostalgia this, return to the roots that, the reboot retreaded the whole origin turf, we've had so much stuff set right after Robo 1 it is silly! Part of what makes, or should I say MADE, Robo great was the cutting edge satire. I don't want to see them slap a can of modern paint on old bones, sorry but that story's time has passed, at least for me. I want something built in the 21st century, a modern tale I can get excited for. Soo much of modern crap is rehashed this and retread that, any kind of recent Robocop story be it in comics or well that's kind of it has been lacking, there just hasn't been a truly original idea about Robocop in a long ass time. Give me something fresh! Not old hat!

That was the very purpose of The Corporate Wars: to short-circuit expectations of what you believed a continuation would be by killing the character and pushing the concept further.

I think the set-up in the first scene of RoboCop going offline and waking-up 25 years later in a different Detroit is the ideal jumping-off point to explore an older RoboCop in a modern context along with whatever new characters and themes they introduce. The connection with the same character is a matter of continuity with the first but it doesn't need to tread the same ground.

RB 306

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:37 pm Reply with quote

Judge Black :
That was the very purpose of The Corporate Wars: to short-circuit expectations of what you believed a continuation would be by killing the character and pushing the concept further.

I think the set-up in the first scene of RoboCop going offline and waking-up 25 years later in a different Detroit is the ideal jumping-off point to explore an older RoboCop in a modern context along with whatever new characters and themes they introduce. The connection with the same character is a matter of continuity with the first but it doesn't need to tread the same ground.

Agree. I think that´s the best way to do something new with the old thing, plus giving a excuse to recast (as Archive said, I doubt we´ll have an aging Nancy Allen back as Lewis) and have new things going on. The first draft was crude and too wild and not clear, but man, Neumeier had decades to think where he´d like to go with that sequel. Polish things, bring Miner and Verhoeven, and make it. Even give Weller a cameo as a corporate greedy guy (I don´t think he´d be interested on reprise the role, judging by his boredom with RoboCop).

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: "You gotta ask yourself one question, ED209, do you feel lucky?"

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:19 pm Reply with quote

I'd pick Halliday Grainger as Lewis if she is included in the story and maybe someone like Ryan Gosling as Murphy/RoboCop (a capable enough actor who was very watchable in Drive and Blade Runner 2049).

RB 400

alex-murphy game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:08 am Reply with quote

Judge Black said it completely on a re-tooled Corporate Wars take, to which I like Chanood agree completely. Yeah it might be old hat to us fans but I think done right it could be both quite different in many respects while still retaining a similar kind of atmosphere and tone in its content.. Content that I agree must be catered to properly.

That said, I'd be somewhat surprised if they did go for a live action film, for many obvious reasons.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:48 pm Reply with quote

I’m assuming this is a fairly recent interview with Neumeier as he gives more details about the new movie. And animated is looking less likely.
http://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/robocop-writer-ed-neumeier-is-working-on-a-sequel-10291185

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:43 am Reply with quote

That it is.. which in a way is a bit of a bummer.. not to mention more of a challenge. Was really starting to get into some animated deal. Eh, could still be done as an adjunct.. Netflix series or the like.

That said, Neumeier, Miner and Dallas? Well!

I have to say would be nice to return where it start.. full circle and whatnot. Another nice thing there is that being in Dallas (or Tulsa better yet) would make it possible for myself (and others) to make a trek to see some filming if that ever becomes the case. That said Tulsa OK being part of the plot? Hmmm...

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard