New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New Robo Movie in the works at MGM ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote

AceAlive1 :
if they can recreate the look and feel of a screwed up detroit of the first film's time period, that's half the battle and it might be good. i've always said if the special effects were better in part one meaning if sfx were twenty years ahead of where they were back then, it would have won more oscars than it did

now on to casting. please don't give us one of the three or four non american actors that always get named for every movie lead regardless of what it may be.

Christian Bale as RoboCop? Or how about Tom Hardy? Laughing Wink

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote

NukeLord :

Get out. Now. Laughing

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:14 am Reply with quote

RoboWags :
NukeLord :

Get out. Now. Laughing

The Archive needs a like button! Laughing

RB 3079

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:25 pm Reply with quote

I'm sure we're gonna be getting an animated film akin to what ed's been doing with Starship Troopers...That way we get peter and Nancy back...The only viable way.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:49 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
I'm sure we're gonna be getting an animated film akin to what ed's been doing with Starship Troopers...That way we get peter and Nancy back...The only viable way.

Ed Neumeier more or less says it's live-action.

"It's the very beginning of writing the screenplay," he says. "So we're not talking about making a movie. I won't even know where it will be when it's good enough."

Does that mean there is a chance the movie would be filmed in Dallas, and some of the iconic locations from the first film — including Dallas City, Reunion Tower and Renaissance Tower — would make an appearance? Neumeier says Tulsa, Oklahoma, might be the closest filming location because it's part of the plot line.

"We'll see what happens," Neumeier says. "We made it wherever the economics were right and where we can make it right, and it will probably be made in a practical way like a Marvel movie where you get a good tax advantage, and we'll also probably throw in some special effects."

http://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/robocop-writer-ed-neumeier-is-working-on-a-sequel-10291185

RB 306

AceAlive1
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 am Reply with quote

i truly hope a new robocop movie will be done the right way. the remake could have been great if they just made it more like the original.

RB 743

AceAlive1
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

Comment: I am VERY disappointed!

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:55 pm Reply with quote

NukeLord :
AceAlive1 :
if they can recreate the look and feel of a screwed up detroit of the first film's time period, that's half the battle and it might be good. i've always said if the special effects were better in part one meaning if sfx were twenty years ahead of where they were back then, it would have won more oscars than it did

now on to casting. please don't give us one of the three or four non american actors that always get named for every movie lead regardless of what it may be.

thumb2 thumb2 thumb2 thumb2

RB 743

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 am Reply with quote

I just read that the dude who will be making the movie is the one who made district 9.
I couldn't be more excited right now.

RB 787

game-xbox
BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:24 pm Reply with quote

NukeLord :
AceAlive1 :

I realize you're being sarcastic, but I just posted in the official thread without reading this thread first, I suggested Bale. I think Bale would be a good fit. When he slims down, he has a very Weller-esque look. Check out stills from The Fighter to get an idea. I had no idea you guys are down on Bale, the only bad role he's ever had was Terminator Salvation.

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote

BurnOne4Robo :
NukeLord :
AceAlive1 :

I realize you're being sarcastic, but I just posted in the official thread without reading this thread first, I suggested Bale. I think Bale would be a good fit. When he slims down, he has a very Weller-esque look. Check out stills from The Fighter to get an idea. I had no idea you guys are down on Bale, the only bad role he's ever had was Terminator Salvation.

That's just one of the movies he sucks in. Batman would be another example.

This is CONNOR! JOHN CONNOR!!!
I am BATMAN!!!
Yeah, I can totally see him play RoboCop.
I am ROBOCOP!!!

I'd much rather see Keanu Reeves play RoboCop. He already looks like a lifeless corpse which is a good thing in this case.

RB 787

game-xbox
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :

I am ROBOCOP!!!

That's Richard Eden's line Laughing

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:22 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :

That's just one of the movies he sucks in. Batman would be another example.

This is CONNOR! JOHN CONNOR!!!
I am BATMAN!!!
Yeah, I can totally see him play RoboCop.
I am ROBOCOP!!!

I'd much rather see Keanu Reeves play RoboCop. He already looks like a lifeless corpse which is a good thing in this case.

You'd be in a very small minority if you really think he was bad in Batman. You're also not being fair to Bale, those are things the script required of the character he was playing. He wouldn't play Murphy the same way he plays Bruce Wayne; his catalog of work is diverse enough to confirm that. He's the type of actor that will totally immerse himself in a role, and that's why I think he would be a good choice.

Anyway, I'm not going to petition for Christian Bale to get the part, I won't be heartbroken if he's not even considered. I just threw it out there because imo, based on his facial features and the way he takes on his roles (Terminator aside, of course), he would be a fine choice. Especially if we are looking for someone to convince us they are the same Robocop that Weller portrayed, because Burke, Eden, and Fletcher were not even close.

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:51 am Reply with quote

BurnOne4Robo :
NukeLord :
AceAlive1 :

I was just being sarcastic as I'm British and the poster had implied he wouldn't want a British actor playing an American character.

As Archive pointed out in the other thread - he's probably played too many iconic characters now in the Terminator and Batman films. RoboCop may be a step too far. Even predictable casting. He is a good actor though and I have no doubt he would deliver a good performance in the role.

RB 3079

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:31 am Reply with quote

BurnOne4Robo :
I had no idea you guys are down on Bale, the only bad role he's ever had was Terminator Salvation.

Not a comic book fan, eh?

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard