New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New movie - RoboCop Returns - Directed by Neill Blomkamp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:57 pm Reply with quote

I think it's interesting that it started out as a pitch to get the original sequel made from the original writers and now it looks like non of that will actually happen. Remains to be seen if that is a good thing or not.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:31 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I think it's interesting that it started out as a pitch to get the original sequel made from the original writers and now it looks like non of that will actually happen. Remains to be seen if that is a good thing or not.

Yeah is strange. Maybe if Blomkamp was to jump ship to an Aliens project with Cameron - they would go back to the original script again. I just want some more news and confirmation. The waiting is killing me. Smile

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 am Reply with quote

Remember "RoboCops"? I hope it wonīt end that way.

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:08 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :

Or the Machinima Robo internet series. Sad

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:03 am Reply with quote

Archive :
ChAnOoD :

I figured I finally take a momment and post up my old Robocop fanfic.. Its just an overall Idea really..

BUt when I looked up that Machinima Idea.. it bugged me out how close it was to mine in some ways..

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mindchamber/m-p3

PS.. the ending is longer, but I ran out of text space

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
Archive :
ChAnOoD :

I figured I finally take a momment and post up my old Robocop fanfic.. Its just an overall Idea really..

BUt when I looked up that Machinima Idea.. it bugged me out how close it was to mine in some ways..

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mindchamber/m-p3

PS.. the ending is longer, but I ran out of text space

Enjoyed reading that! Was great!

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:14 pm Reply with quote

NukeLord :

Enjoyed reading that! Was great!

Thanks dude.. I ran out of space snd spazed the ending.. Things actually hit the fan between robo and Mp3 ending in a fight , which changes when they are confronted by Cain..

it also ends with Robo entering a Chamber filled with Robocop units,, with synthetic faces.. once he starts seeing the OCP 002-003 etc,, it becomes clearer his replacements will embody an echo his consciousness.. Thats when he decides, its time to stop this once and for all.... besides.. he had no choice really.. Cain data spikes him.. thus imprinting his echo.. which helped robo overcome his core programing..

amen..

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:17 pm Reply with quote

Losing the 3 decade time-jump afforded by the original sequel script is the biggest mistake this film could make.

It allowed them to do so much while also making it a progression (and if a fan wants to acknowledge the sequels as being part of some kind of 'canon' it's up to them) but it seems Neil Blomkamp is more interested in some weird nostlagia-fest, an emulation of the original and what he imagines his childhood sequel to be. It seems that again younger film-makers aren't listening to the creators. Very dumb.

RB 306

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:05 pm Reply with quote

As we are getting close to the one year anniversary of Robo Returns being announced (11 July) Blomkamp posts this thing on his Twitter. Then he deletes it soon after.

Is he doubting the whole project, and would he rather just do a sequel to his hit movie District 9?

RB 348711

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:24 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
As we are getting close to the one year anniversary of Robo Returns being announced (11 July) Blomkamp posts this thing on his Twitter. Then he deletes it soon after.

Is he doubting the whole project, and would he rather just do a sequel to his hit movie District 9?

I sent him a tweet yesterday asking why we have to choose, and hoping that the project wonīt be scrapped. Today I couldnīt find that poll. Iīm a pessimistic guy, so I think itīs RebootCop all over again. Getting a "hot" director for the property (Aronofski in the previous reboot) and then the guy running from the project after they had free publicity thanks to the character.

If he leaves, I hope MGM (or Sony o whoever had the rights) is still interested on making it. Hell, call Verhoeven and make that "true sequel" Blomkamp was talking about!

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:42 pm Reply with quote

I wonder why it was announced at all. What was the point in naming a director and giving the movie a title and then total silence for a year?

RB 348711

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:58 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I wonder why it was announced at all. What was the point in naming a director and giving the movie a title and then total silence for a year?

Didnīt he make the same thing with Alien? They got free publicity with these (almost) dead franchises and then they move to their own thing.

Another theory would be heīs being annoyed by the studio (like Padilha on RebootCop) and heīs thinking if he should leave the whole project and move to something more profitable to him.

Both situations are crap for us.

RB 11986

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:23 am Reply with quote

Some of you already knew it from Twitter, but hereīs an article about the latest words by Blomkamp about the project: https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3570073/neill-blomkamp-assures-robocop-sequel-will-feature-original-suit/?fbclid=IwAR3nTW0Pv9-W3sAA7WM5PwQtmIRvAfKlc6OTfdf20j0DewAhsIegKYYQkuM

RB 11986

Judge Black
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Archive :

Development announcements are made all the time to attract interest. A year is nothing in terms of development time.

RB 306

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard