New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Rare RoboCop 3 Behind the Scenes Footage

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:20 am Reply with quote

I might should have put this in the YouTube Videos section but personally I think it’s cool enough to have its own thing. This whole video is early 90’s nostalgia overload complete with commercials left in. It’s an episode of SciFi Buzz which I don’t remember even though I watched the SciFi Channel a lot during this time. Looks like a 30 minute science fiction version of Entertainment Tonight. This one features a couple short interviews with Burke and Dekker and some interesting footage from the premiere of RoboCop 3 and some cool behind the scenes stuff with Burke in the 3rd act makeup. The Robo segment starts at the 14:30 mark. Enjoy 😉

https://youtu.be/wk-4qClOin4

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
BIONICS BOB
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:07 am Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing! I was in my 20's back then and it was surreal to see that video now.

RB 420

comic3-robocop game-xbox
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:01 pm Reply with quote

That was nice, although brief. I'm surprised they did that Jetpack marketing stunt.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:07 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for this man! Interesting!

"RoboCop 2 was cold and mean spirited". If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard that - I'd be a rich man. Did they even see the original movie? It's bloody, uncompromising and has some heartless, evil characters. I'll never understand that opinion...never - and no, the funny satirical commercials in the first don't make it any less mean-spirited or cold, in the type of world it was set in.

The original is one of the coldest, ugliest and mean spirited movies I've ever seen. RoboCop 2 felt like a popcorn action movie in comparison (though I love it almost as much as the first).

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote

That´s cool. Always fun to see behind the scenes of those productions.

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:02 am Reply with quote

NukeLord :
Thanks for this man! Interesting!

"RoboCop 2 was cold and mean spirited". If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard that - I'd be a rich man. Did they even see the original movie? It's bloody, uncompromising and has some heartless, evil characters. I'll never understand that opinion...never - and no, the funny satirical commercials in the first don't make it any less mean-spirited or cold, in the type of world it was set in.

The original is one of the coldest, ugliest and mean spirited movies I've ever seen. RoboCop 2 felt like a popcorn action movie in comparison (though I love it almost as much as the first).

I can see your point for sure. For me, when I was younger I certainly felt like the original was the more mean-spirited of the two. And I always felt like R2 was kinda fun and, like you said, a popcorn action movie. And it has become pretty cliche to describe R2 that way but as I’ve gotten older it does feel sadistic and more harsh. To me, anyway. I think the script’s ‘heart’ was in the right place by trying to even out the brutality with dark comedy and satire but It feels more like Frank Miller satire which is where I think the harshness, in contrast to Miner and Neumeier’s script, comes from. I’m sure the fact that the script was being changed almost daily while shooting was going on had a lot to do with what ended up being the tone of the film as well. If nothing else, it could’ve done without extended chunks of time wherein Robo was nowhere to be seen.

The original IS cold and ugly but it doesn’t feel mean spirited to me anymore. It feels more like a movie that’s making fun of the attitude and actions of criminals and businessmen in the 80’s. And the fact that some of the humor and violence pushes the boundaries of being cartoonish really does a good job of keeping the tone on an even kiel. Of course, R2 does those things as well but doesn’t feel earned. It feels more like they were thrown in because the first movie had some funny stuff in it. Also, I know there’s a lot of people here who are fans of the Rosenman score but I honestly can hardly stand it. I mean, in and of itself it’s fine and has some pretty great cues like the main March theme but it has an eerieness about it, in spots, that always leaves a bad taste in my mouth and feels too far away from Basil’s score. For my money, just the original score coming back would’ve made R2 feel like a much different movie. I’ll always love RoboCop 2 for a bunch of reasons but I have to side with the cliche crowd on the tone.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Picture and Video Topics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard