New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Peter Weller talk RoboCop Returns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:15 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Woah. Shocked
I must say for a joke plot it is pretty lame. Clearly done by a Terminator fan. Smile

I marked it for deletion to IMDB.

Plot Summary :
Robocop must defeat Clarence Bodiker who gets resurrected into a machine with one mission..to destroy all of Detroit. With the help of Emil and Louis Robocop must go to extreme lengths to ensure the survival of his loved ones and defeat his greatest foe yet.

Louis is supposed to be Lewis ? Laughing

RB 1199

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:07 pm Reply with quote

HOB888 :
Plot Summary :
Robocop must defeat Clarence Bodiker who gets resurrected into a machine with one mission..to destroy all of Detroit. With the help of Emil and Louis Robocop must go to extreme lengths to ensure the survival of his loved ones and defeat his greatest foe yet.

Louis is supposed to be Lewis ? Laughing

Nah, he clearly means former Staff Sergeant turned Shoreline Waste represenative Louis Fedders. Who would make a formidable ally for Robo.
Laughing

RoboJOF :
I read on IMDB.com that the story for this Robocop Returns film was a sequel idea put together by Ed Neuemier and Michael Miner around the time of the first movie's release. The idea that creative material like that has been sitting around for over 30 years is intriguing. Since then there have been many people contribute to the Robocop story, taking it in different directions. It might be refreshing to see what the movie makers were planning back then before it was a recognizeable franchise.

You're talking about 'Corporate Wars', and as said it no longer seems that they will be using it as a basis for plot in this new film.

That said you can see it for yourself, well after a fashion, anyway - We have the full rough draft script of CW posted up if you would like to check it out. After giving it a (admittedly quick) read I admit I wouldn't trumpet it as quite the end-all-be-all reboot sequel for Robo as I once did, but I still think much of it - many aspects therein - would make a good baseline to use for a Robo film. But what do I know? tongue

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:09 pm Reply with quote

Stan, you are the Man!! I love Men at Work and I would love to see Louis team up with RoboCop!

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:15 am Reply with quote

RoboJOF :
Stan, you are the Man!! I love Men at Work and I would love to see Louis team up with RoboCop!

I'm not sure why it took a year and half to say that, tongue but appreciate it.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:15 pm Reply with quote

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/robocop-series-john-cena-amazon.html

RB 1199

game-xbox
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:29 am Reply with quote

It's a click bait site with not much credibility. They just make up their "exclusive" stuff to get head lines and clicks. No other movie related website is reporting on this.

A year ago they claimed Chris Evans was going to play RoboCop and some time before that they said the next RoboCop was going to be played by a woman, Eiza Gonzalez.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:20 am Reply with quote

Saw the link on social media but didn´t care to open it. Unless Amazon/MGM/Sony or whatever studio/company say anything I assume any robo-related idea is dead. "RoboCop Returns" didn´t have a real update in ages, so I doubt it´ll happen. And "Dick Jones: The Iron Butt Chronicles"... Well, I´m sure a RoboCop project without RoboCop is hard to sell.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:18 am Reply with quote

Especially at these times, a movie about a violent cop does not seem very likely. The timing is pretty bad.

I doubt RoboCop will return anytime soon.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:42 am Reply with quote

I feel hopeful that with the popularity of big budget shows with hour long episodes, that’s what will happen with Robocop at some point and I’m here for it. Just imagine HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Hulu, etc doing a series run with it. I could also see someone like a Peter Weller being interested in some capacity as well.

On the other hand, it won’t happen for X amount of reasons. But a Robo fan can hope and dream right? And just imagine if had the hard R rating, and actually cared about the content and tone.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Feels like Robo productions often has really bad timing.

Covid basically killed RoboCop Returns, and the current writers strike has delayed any progress with the amazon TV show.

RB 348130

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard