New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop confirmed for Mortal Kombat 11
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:01 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop is confirmed as a playable character in the Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath expansion pack available digitally May 26th, with a physical disc release following in June.

In an unexpected and welcome twist, it appears the character may even be voiced by Peter Weller himself.

Terminator: Dark Fate's T-800 (Carl) is already available in the first expansion pack with Arnold Schwarzenegger's likeness but a sound-alike voice.

Fans of the RoboCop Versus The Terminator games can once again play and enjoy the cyborgs facing off again, this time as a one-on-one beat-'em-up.

Mortal Kombat crossed over with DC Universe in its 8th main game, and has been including characters from other franchises since the 9th game featured Freddy Krueger from the 2010 A Nightmare On Elm Street reboot.

Speculation that Robo would appear alongside the T-800 has been rife because the makers included both Alien and Predator in the 10th game, Mortal Kombat X.

Would you like to know more?

TRAILER: https://youtu.be/fFOG_IMK4kQ

SOURCE: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/05/06/mortal-kombat-11-aftermath-brings-new-story-robocop-and-friendships/

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:37 pm Reply with quote

That is.... extremely shocking and unexpected. Shocked

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:40 pm Reply with quote

I was hoping for Robo but really didn't think it would happen. Just used to the disappointment usually.

RB 2943

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:52 pm Reply with quote

While I am amazed it actually happened, I can't say I'm a fan of it. Unlike some of the other characters like Predator or Freddy Krueger, to me RoboCop just doesn't fit in at all in the world of MK...heck or a traditional fighting game at all for that matter.

Weller's supposedly voicing him, yet it sounds terribly phoned-in, the gun comes out of the wrong leg in the trailer and...come on, look at that gameplay screenshot and tell me that doesn't look awkward.

Just imagine Murphy doing a jump kick...

I guess it's nice to see Robo getting exposure though...even if it's not in a way I consider appropriate.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:38 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
That is.... extremely shocking and unexpected. Shocked

Ditto.

RoboFan_93 :
While I am amazed it actually happened, I can't say I'm a fan of it. Unlike some of the other characters like Predator or Freddy Krueger, to me RoboCop just doesn't fit in at all in the world of MK...heck or a traditional fighting game at all for that matter.

Weller's supposedly voicing him, yet it sounds terribly phoned-in, the gun comes out of the wrong leg in the trailer and...come on, look at that gameplay screenshot and tell me that doesn't look awkward.

Just imagine Murphy doing a jump kick...

I guess it's nice to see Robo getting exposure though...even if it's not in a way I consider appropriate.

Double ditto.

Though I think the left holster might just be a flipped image.. though given it is still primarily a two dimension-based game, it'll have it come out of whatever leg is visible on screen. In which case, both legs. Which I grant is still a bit strange but, eh. I agree I can see some of the animation and all being wonky for sure, here's hoping his movements are more Robo-ish - They'll have to be faster for gameplay but hopefully will have a bit of that deliberate motion look to it.

While it is great to have Weller's voice, yeah it's real lazy done with no real Robo-ish modulation to it at all, kinda weak.

I am glad they used the OG Robosuit design, which looks good.

Otherwise, eh as said, this is shocking and I've mixed feelings about it. Leaning to 'cool' because, well, it is cool for Robo to have exposure, and unlike that KFC business this is exposure that isn't having fun of our hero.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:51 pm Reply with quote

When it was rumored last year i found it very unlikely and strange, and it still feels that way.

Weller does sound like he is phoning it in. It's the voice of bored Weller and not him acting like Robo.
Though if he in fact has recorded intro lines for every other character i can understand if he zoned out after a while.

The model looks ok. I'm assuming they will take some liberties with the character and in the gameplay image he has some kind of shield. What is up with the top part of the leg though? It bends?

Will Robo have alternate costumes/suits? That could be interesting what they come up with.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:46 pm Reply with quote

its going to be hard to impress diehard robo fans such as us that's why we point out the errors, for any other person listening to us we might sound like we are nitpicking, but yes, the suits off, the voice is off, actually the voice is not off, its Robocop 2 version where they programmed all the nonsense into him but they managed to make it worse. I hate when they make robocop jokey, its supposed to be SERIOUS. Is it really better than nothing at this point? I'll say yes, its still good to see robocop stuff, i mean at least they used the original suit, albeit it being off, ill give them that. hopefully the gun itself is accurate so we can 3d print it or something.

RB 1031

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:27 am Reply with quote

While this is definitely cool, I do have to agree with those who have stated Robo is a weird choice for Mortal Kombat. I remember when the rumors started it just didn't seem like a great fit, but now that it is here I can't complain. Aside from a couple mobile games, I believe this is the first official appearance of Robo in a video game since the disastrous 2003 Titus game, so anything that moves us away from that is a good thing.

Having Weller back is of course a positive thing, though it does sound like he is just there to get a paycheck and get out. Which is about as much as you can expect from Weller these days, but between this and the KFC commercial it is good to see him returning to the character, perhaps a warm up for a bigger role? I've said a few times before that I think the only way we could get Weller back as Robo in a new movie would be in a voiceover only capacity, and this announcement brings u closer to that reality.

The thing for me here is, I just don't care for Mortal Kombat. When it comes to fighting games my tastes lie squarely in the Street Fighter and MvC camp, so I won't be rushing out to buy this game just to play as Robo. But I do have a couple friends with MK11 so I'll just have to convince them to get this DLC so I can play as Robo.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:45 am Reply with quote

Archive :
Will Robo have alternate costumes/suits? That could be interesting what they come up with.

I looked at the other guest characters (T-800, Joker & Spawn) last night. All have an alternative costume on the character select screen, as do the main characters. But there is an additional customization feature. Although each has 40 (!!) skins, it's more like 3 additional costume designs, but each with 10 color variations.

There also are 3 other things about each character you can change to things like weapons (with some 30 options each), so expect some optional gun changes.

RB 2943

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:54 am Reply with quote

If you look at the small print at the end of the reveal trailer, it clearly states "RoboCop and RoboCop 2 © Orion, RoboCop character and all related trademarks, logos and materials ™ Orion and © 2020 MGM"

RoboCop 2???

RB 18145

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:08 am Reply with quote

PFMC84 :
If you look at the small print at the end of the reveal trailer, it clearly states "RoboCop and RoboCop 2 © Orion, RoboCop character and all related trademarks, logos and materials ™ Orion and © 2020 MGM"

RoboCop 2???

Maybe you'll get to chose between two skins.

RB 1199

game-xbox
Parkan2005
Verbally challenged

L-L2

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:04 pm Reply with quote

Just saw those news on youtube channels.Unexpected really.

RB 605

Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:19 pm Reply with quote

I'm curious if the top of Robos legs will actually fold like he is wearing pants or if this is the design. It's pretty odd.

RB 348130

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:13 pm Reply with quote

Saw it yesterday. I´m not "impressed". Yes, it´s a new RoboThing, but the design isn´t too accurate (some proportions and changes, as the legs as Archive says, makes him look weird). For a 2020 videogame I´d expect something more closer to the real thing.

Plus, I´m not the one who will say Weller was phoning it on that teaser (sounded ok) but I´m not a fan of these kind of changes. Is "Creep" way too obscene to change it for "dirtbag"? Doesn´t sounds like RoboCop when they change these kind of things.

Anyway, new RoboCop stuff is welcome. I hope some studio would develop a real RoboCop game instead of making him doing karate moves, but that´s ok. Funny to know Weller always said he´s done with Robo but he agreeded to be here or in these KFC commercials, yet he refuses to be on RoboDoc. I know money has to do with these things, but what an interesting character he is tongue .

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard