New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Fact & Fiction #5: The Ride
Goto page 1, 2  Next

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:30 pm Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrV1rbpr9ZU&feature=youtu.be
Amazing video! I love this series and I'm glad to see new ones being produced. There's more footage of the ride than I thought would ever see the light of day!

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:00 am Reply with quote

Really glad you liked it. Smile
I realize that the interest for the ride is probably pretty low in general among Robo fans as it is a goofy concept, but i was always fascinated by the mystery of it, and i found it to be quite fun to try and hunt down people involved with the production.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:49 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I realize that the interest for the ride is probably pretty low in general among Robo fans as it is a goofy concept, but i was always fascinated by the mystery of it, and i found it to be quite fun to try and hunt down people involved with the production.

Good work. Always great to know more from the obscure side of the franchise.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:17 pm Reply with quote

It was great to finally see more footage of this after all these years! Great video!

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:48 pm Reply with quote

I'm glad I finally got to see some footage of the ride, it looks like it was a lot of fun and I would have loved to experience it firsthand. The most interesting thing about this video to me is the bit at the end about the toy based on the ride. I've always seen that one floating around and wondered why they randomly gave RoboCop a purple motorcyle. Now I see it is actually based directly on this ride, which is pretty cool and actually makes sense. I was never interested in that particular toy because the purple motorcycle seemed out of place, but I might have to get one now that I know the history behind it.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboWags

L-L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:51 am Reply with quote

Archive :

So.... what's the next one going to be about???

RB 2728

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:53 pm Reply with quote

RoboWags :
So.... what's the next one going to be about???

I'm not working actively on a new episode right now, but the next one would be about Bixby Snyder and all his appearances as well as the use of the "id buy that for a dollar" in other media.

There are several ideas for other episodes, but it is a challenge to do a topic that people also want to see. I'm really proud of the "old man" and the "motion Ride" videos but they are doing pretty poorly in views compared to the first three episodes.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:28 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I'm not working actively on a new episode right now, but the next one would be about Bixby Snyder and all his appearances as well as the use of the "id buy that for a dollar" in other media.

Sounds interesting!

Archive :
There are several ideas for other episodes, but it is a challenge to do a topic that people also want to see. I'm really proud of the "old man" and the "motion Ride" videos but they are doing pretty poorly in views compared to the first three episodes.

I help a well known band on social media and that doesnīt surprise me. When they do something new, peopleīs reaction arenīt as good as people would expect, but if you do more of the same, reactions are bigger and receptions are better.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:29 am Reply with quote

Oh yes, and with RoboCop as soon as you move away from the first movie you've lost 50% or more of the fans right away.

RB 348130

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:55 pm Reply with quote

just saw this now, really nice work man, it was definitely enjoyable and an eye opener

as for views, have faith, the more people delve into the lore and history of robocop, the more they will want to know how did the rabbit hole goes.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
RoboWags

L-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:02 am Reply with quote

Archive :

I think the episodes that focus on aspects of Robo himself tend to do better. Maybe do another about him?

RB 2728

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:39 am Reply with quote

RoboWags :
I think the episodes that focus on aspects of Robo himself tend to do better. Maybe do another about him?

Do you have any ideas or suggestions on what you'd like to see?

I may have run out of ideas for episodes that deal directly with Robo. The first three episodes were rather meaty on info. Especially the third one.

RB 348130

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:20 am Reply with quote

Archive :
RoboWags :

Do you have any ideas or suggestions on what you'd like to see?

I may have run out of ideas for episodes that deal directly with Robo. The first three episodes were rather meaty on info. Especially the third one.

How about an episode about the rudimentary paste that Robo eats? And the misconception that he eats baby food specifically as his main source of nutrients. Johnson said it "tastes like baby food" and Lewis brought him some for lack of the actual rudimentary paste, likely a proprietary blend patented by OCP. But you could include a recipe so viewers at home can make their own rudimentary past and look at all the times Robo was associated with baby food in the extended franchise.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboWags

L-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:44 am Reply with quote

I agree, an episode about Robo's upkeep (the chair, food, etc) but it could also focus on his other accessories (flight pack, gun arm, data spike, ramset, lie detector, etc) and maybe even his link to Diana and Metronet. The Series and cartoons are FULL of extra stuff Robo can do that a whole episode could feature!

RB 2728

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Picture and Video Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard