New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

MGM for sale - Studio facing financial problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:01 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
With the state of the movie industry it would be probably be cheaper than ever to acquire the rights... unless they are really working on RoboCop Returns like some led us to believe. Still, I think we could get it for a bargain. Millions of dollars maybe, but still an all time low. I got $50 on it...

I wonder how much itīd cost to buy the rights for RoboCop to do anything with it. I remember back then some guys bought the "Ghostbusters" license for comics, and it seems there wasnīt any publisher behind them. Then the movie studios saw the interest the franchise had and the reboot took over, and IDW bought the license.

I find it amazing how little effort and care the suits show while milking the franchises. Yes, we have a bunch of new merchandising from time to time (with the same old character over and over and not anything more), but no new TV shows, animated series, movies or even games. In recent times, when every superhero has monthy announcements of films, direct to video movies, streaming series, spin ofs and such, we have a crazy idea about a RoboCop prequel for TV. And I doubt the "Dick Jones, OCP Employee" series will be done.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Robocop_Unit_1983
C-L2

C-L2

Troop Commander

Comment: I'm having...trouble...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:40 pm Reply with quote

I Honestly and truly hope that Disney DOES NOT EVER get its filthy, grubby, gross hands on the Robocop franchise... Although seeing the looks of things, ALL of Hollywood appears to be going Bankrupt IMHO...

RB 2850

award ED-209 hamburger
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:07 am Reply with quote

ooh tv rights to make an adult animated robocop.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:51 pm Reply with quote

Looks like it might be Amazon...

"RC" gets a lead mention further down this article. For Variety to list it with Bond and Rocky gives it some notice.

Think it'd make a great home for our Murphy. Amount of money being thrown there, a large-budget series or film would happen. Doubt they'd just sit on it; one of the few dormant franchises MGM have.

https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/amazon-mgm-acquisition-talks-9-billion-1234975168/

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 5:23 pm Reply with quote

Spectrum Scarlet :
Amount of money being thrown there, a large-budget series or film would happen.

Iīd like an adult, Prime Video series. Would be cool.

Also, there were some recent rumors on social media about Eiza González would be the main star of "RoboCop Returns". I havenīt check the sources but I donīt think thatīs a real thing. Anyway, she has good lips for the role Laughing

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 7:13 pm Reply with quote

There are so many sites reporting on that supposed amazon deal without there being any real source. It's just a rumor and all sites just jump at it.

If it turns out to be true, it would be interesting but I'd like things to be a bit more official before i start speculation too much. Smile

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:12 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
There are so many sites reporting on that supposed amazon deal without there being any real source. It's just a rumor and all sites just jump at it.

If it turns out to be true, it would be interesting but I'd like things to be a bit more official before i start speculation too much. Smile

That's why I said "could" and "think", Jo-han. Speculation's part of it.

The fact they all are and the way they're writing about it says something.

"Weeks into negotiations", "some time", "Amazon's interest [...] taken on new tenor beyond the usual rumor mill"? Doesn't matter if there's not a direct source being cited; doesn't mean it isn't true. Variety and co. have their contacts and they're mentioning specific names. It's enough for me to pique my interest.

P.S. Your personal name seems to be blocked on this board. Why I've put a dash in it. No offence intended.

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Oh, it wasn't aimed at you or your post directly but websites in general. Rumors tend to hit a tidal wave where one reports something vague or speculative and then everyone follows. I remember the one with Weller saying no to RoboCop returns when he had said nothing at all and websites just went with it.

Anyway, supposedly the MGM sale deal will be done this week, so it will be interesting if Amazon does end up buying MGM and the Robo rights. Price tag is reportedly around 9 billion. I wonder if that is high, low or just the right price.

( My username here is changed and is now simply "Archive", so it is better to use that than my personal name from now on. Smile )

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard