New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: Fact and Fiction - Whats next?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:11 pm Reply with quote

In an attempt to do shorter videos around 5 min. I think i could cut up the content into parts if it becomes too long.
So far content such as this could be made:

# For a Dollar. Bixby Snyder focused. All his appearances as well as the use of the "id buy that for a dollar" in other media.
(Estimated viewer Interest: 85%)

# Superior firepower. A look at weapons such as the gun arm and other things from all versions of RoboCop. (Auto-9 and the Cobra gun NOT included) Could have info on things like the ED-209 arm used in RvsT games.
(Estimated viewer Interest: 80%)

# Robo Tech. A look at Robo accessories and gadgets in all media. Alpha commando may be too much to handle in depth so a few gadgets could be selected to represent.)
(Estimated viewer Interest: 60%)

# Babyfood. The science behind the paste. Does Robo really eat babyfood? Also a look at the use of babyfood in comics, games etc.
(Estimated viewer Interest: 50%)

# Robo chamber. Info on how the chamber changed in all media. Also info on the chair.
(Estimated viewer Interest: 30%)

# Robo Family. What happened to Murphy family and how his wife changed her name in various version of RoboCop. Analyzing info from all media and scripts.
(Estimated viewer Interest: 15%)

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:31 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like a great selection of videos for the future. I think your viewer interest ratings are more or less accurate, though I'd like to think there is more interest in the last one about Robo's family. Maybe it is just because I finished watching the Series again recently, but I personally would be more interested in that video than the ones going over his hardware. His wife and son (and even father) have popped up in various forms across the years so there is something there for sure. Obviously I'm looking forward the baby food "behind the paste' video most of all.

And if you are looking for another suggestion, something I thought of the other day was a video about the various songs commissioned for RoboCop movies and shows. I don't mean the score, but rather "Show Me Your Spine" from the first movie, "The Kid Goes Wild" from 2, and "Future to This Life" from the Series. Having tie in songs from rock bands is kind of a thing of the past. Those songs might not have made much impact on the RoboCop franchise as a whole, but I still think it would be interesting to explore how they came to be featured in the RoboCop movies/shows.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:59 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
I don't mean the score, but rather "Show Me Your Spine" from the first movie, "The Kid Goes Wild" from 2, and "Future to This Life" from the Series. Having tie in songs from rock bands is kind of a thing of the past.

That is a great suggestion. In the past I've actually tried to dig and get in contact with people behind the "kid goes wild" song but to not much success sadly.

The complicated copyright aspects of youtube probably stops this episode from being made however. It would get bombarded with copyright claims.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:44 pm Reply with quote

Interesting topics! The family one pops to me. It could be fun to address the changes on names from every sequel, spin off (and even the remake), and Iīm sure the scripts from the trilogy (and the TV shows) have interesting trivia for make it interesting (you know, the family going to another planet, the wife death due to prescription drugs in PD...).

Since the rock tunes would be a pain in the butt, how about a score retrospective from the whole series? Itīd be fun to talk about the absence of Poledouris in 2, the leit motiv used in The Series and the western inspired score for PD. Iīm not sure if thatīd please viewers, but itīs something way different than staying with the same two things people want to hear over and over.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:47 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
the wife death due to prescription drugs in PD...).

Oh, i don't remember that. Was that mentioned in the TV show? Or something from a script or writer interview?

ChAnOoD :
how about a score retrospective from the whole series?

That's a good topic, but the same nasty copyright problems apply here unfortunately.
In any new episode i need to rely more on non official Robo soundtrack music. In the Ride video i used a lot of game music which worked really well.

Ideally id like to use fan made/remixed versions of the soundtracks or a custom made score for an episode, but i have yet to find someone to work with on that.

Regarding Ellen Murphy being dead in PD this is what Joe O'brian said in a chat during 2000. (full chat in the Archive PD section)

Joe O'brian :

Ah yes, Ellen's death. We were originally going to be a bit more explicit about it, but decided to make the details of her death more ambiguous - partially because the fact of her death was more important to the story than the cause of her death, but also because, as I've said elsewhere, I hate continuity. I wanted to let it be a blank that someone else could fill someday - maybe it'll be us, maybe it'll be someone else. But if you look at RoboHistory, as well as how the characters react in PD, it's not hard to puzzle it out.

Ellen was aware of what had happened to Murphy, even if she thought that he was spiritually/mentally dead. She obviously didn't share that information with James (again, to spare him the pain the knowledge would cause - incidentally the same reason Murphy doesn't reveal himself to James later), but it was obviously deeply troubling to her. She died not long after, because James wound up in an OCP corporate orphanage, which wouldn't have happened if he were an adult. That rules out natural causes.

An accident? Probably not, because why James' hated of his father as a result? Really, there are only a handful of logical possibilities, none of them particularly pleasant. She may have fallen into a deep depression, a not-unexpected consequence of losing one's spouse, especially one as great as Alex Murphy, a pretty moral and upstanding guy. Depression sometimes leads to suicide - although I'm not crazy about that explanation, because it implies that she abandoned James as well. More likely she was the victim of some sort of violence - a home invasion that, had Murphy not been killed, he would have been there to prevent. Again, not one I'm particularly prepared to embrace, because I think the poor woman suffered greatly in her life, and I don't like to think of her going out that way.

The fact of the matter is, that even though we didn't technically write for the Ellen Murphy character, she haunts PRIME DIRECTIVES. And I liked her a lot. James loved her more than the world, and her loss made him cold and machinelike (ironic, no?) - perfect OCP material. But I have no desire to dwell on the pathology of her demise. Hence, I prefer to think in poetic terms - as far as I'm concerned, Ellen Murphy died of grief. From James' perspective, she died because Murphy died, and Murphy died because he was protecting others and not his family - hence the anger (check out Anthony Lemke's face when he places flowers on Ellen's grave and then looks to his dad's - he's just seething). That's why I like the end of RESURRECTION so much - she's there in spirit. Both of these men cease their conflict to honor the memory of the woman they both loved.

RB 348130

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:17 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
That's a good topic, but the same nasty copyright problems apply here unfortunately.

What if you use actual scenes from the films/tv shows with the music to avoid that problem? Not sure how itīd work with movies (as they could be a pain in the ass), but people uploaded several episodes of The Series, Alpha Commando, The Marvel Cartoon or even complete episodes from PD without problems. I guess the TV stuff are in some kind of limbo...

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:16 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
What if you use actual scenes from the films/tv shows with the music to avoid that problem?

Or, hear me out, have us members of the archive record ourselves humming, singing, and whistling the theme of RoboCop in lieu of the actual music.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:24 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Or, hear me out, have us members of the archive record ourselves humming, singing, and whistling the theme of RoboCop in lieu of the actual music.

That is clearly the best option. The soothing harmonics of Robo fans could be quite the powerful experience.

The only danger is if it is so good and pitch perfect that MGM thinks it's the real deal and flags the music anyway.

RB 348130

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:58 am Reply with quote

I've shattered a few panes of glass in my time when trying to sing, count me in! Laughing Laughing

RB 18145

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:56 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :

Did you find what source there was on this? Interested in if it was from an early script or other writer interview.

RB 348130

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:53 am Reply with quote

Archive :
ChAnOoD :

Did you find what source there was on this? Interested in if it was from an early script or other writer interview.

One of the early scripts had Murphy having some kind of hallucination as a human due to the damage suffered on previous chapters (think of Roboīs lying on a table during "Resurrection", but with him connected to an alternative AI -Legion in the finished product-). He lives some moments as Murphy, doubting if his life as RoboCop was a long, harsh nightmare, or if this human life is a lie. At some point things go weird, and he sees his wife on the floor, dead, after getting (way too much) sleeping pills.

I assume thatīs the real reason why Ellen is dead, put it there by Murphyīs subconscience. After all:

Joseph O'Brien :
She may have fallen into a deep depression, a not-unexpected consequence of losing one's spouse, especially one as great as Alex Murphy, a pretty moral and upstanding guy. Depression sometimes leads to suicide.

I think in that context makes sense to me.

RB 11786

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:28 pm Reply with quote

Do you have that script? If so it would be good to have that page/part scanned so i could use it in a potential episode.

RB 348130

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:34 pm Reply with quote

Lemme see what can I do...

RB 11786

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:28 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Throw in the upgrades Robo got in Alpha Commando too

You mean like the ice cream scoop? ...oh excuse me... self-heating ice cream scoop.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard