New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: Fact and Fiction - Whats next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:04 pm Reply with quote

I get suggestions now and then to do an episode on the Red visor that Robo sometimes have in various media, but I'm unsure how much there is to do with that. It a fun idea though.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:51 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I get suggestions now and then to do an episode on the Red visor that Robo sometimes have in various media, but I'm unsure how much there is to do with that. It a fun idea though.

Oh, what a great opportunity to talk shit... I meant, mention how even the guys at MGM put his visor red on some social media images. Or how some DVD editions of the film or TV series tint the visor red, or...

(As a kid I always found cool that Robo´s red square in the cartoon expands into the whole visor when he´s ready to fire).

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:29 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Archive :

Oh, what a great opportunity to talk shit... I meant, mention how even the guys at MGM put his visor red on some social media images. Or how some DVD editions of the film or TV series tint the visor red, or...

(As a kid I always found cool that Robo´s red square in the cartoon expands into the whole visor when he´s ready to fire).

When I was in high school I did a long presentation about RoboCop that was so infamous that I was asked to do it again in a different class. I think some videos of the second run were posted on YouTube in the early days and I remember posting the links here. Anyway, the point is when I did these presentations I made sure to address the red visor, and made a list of all the RoboCop media I could think of and divided it by visor color. Obviously there is not a ton of content here, but there is something. Have you considered lumping some of these ideas together for some kinda general Robo trivia video or an episode of this series that does a few different topics briefly? Some kinda "10 things you didn't know about RoboCop" video, those kind of things seem to be popular.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 pm Reply with quote

I had another idea watching through the series. He had a few extras like anti-virus software, reverse polarized armor, ramset, etc. that could be used in the extras episode along with the flight pack, chair, and gunarm.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:23 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
when I did these presentations I made sure to address the red visor, and made a list of all the RoboCop media I could think of and divided it by visor color. Obviously there is not a ton of content here, but there is something.

Would you be able to write something up for me to use in a possible episode? A list of where the red visor appear would really help in tracking down content pictures.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:57 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
RoboPimp :
when I did these presentations I made sure to address the red visor, and made a list of all the RoboCop media I could think of and divided it by visor color. Obviously there is not a ton of content here, but there is something.

Would you be able to write something up for me to use in a possible episode? A list of where the red visor appear would really help in tracking down content pictures.

Yeah absolutely. Back in high school when I did my comprehensive RoboCop presentation I included a section about the red vs black visors, so all the framework is there in my brain somewhere. And while there are no massive revelations to come from such a topic, I think fans will be interested to see that the application of the red visor isn't entirely random. Anyway I will get some notes together when I get some free time and send you something in the near future.

RB 1658

Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:02 pm Reply with quote

That would be great. Anything that puts more meat onto it is really helpful.

I think i can put a narration around it, reference in cylons, knight rider, hal, terminator etc, and come to the conclusion that flashing red stuff is the go to visual when it comes to making future things looking cool!

RB 348711

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
That would be great. Anything that puts more meat onto it is really helpful.

I think i can put a narration around it, reference in cylons, knight rider, hal, terminator etc, and come to the conclusion that flashing red stuff is the go to visual when it comes to making future things looking cool!

If it helps, I asked one of the artists on Alpha Commando about the red visor, and he answer he doesn´t know the reason behind it, but he believes that a) back then they worked with real colors instead of digital and they didn´t have a wide selection of colors to make a shiny black visor work and b) probably they did it to pop up the colors of the character a little bit.

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:57 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, that is really interesting. Smile

Is that a direct quote or a paraphrase? Do you have name for the artist?

RB 348711

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:05 am Reply with quote

Well I think I've got what you were looking for. Since this has gotten far off topic I compiled everything into a new post. I did see that there was an older post about the red visor topic and I would have posted it there, but that topic seemed to have taken a dark twist at the end. Anyway, I hope that will be helpful for making a new video, or at least shine a (red) light on the subject.

RB 1658

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:51 am Reply with quote

Archive :
Thanks, that is really interesting. Smile

Is that a direct quote or a paraphrase? Do you have name for the artist?

Here´s the written answer Mark Lewis gave it when asked about the red visor:

Quote:
"Again, I was not involved in coloring decisions. I pretty much had my hands full just keeping up with cleaning up and assisting with the character models! But I suspect that your theory is most likely correct. Today, cartoons are colored on computer, and you have millions of color possibilities. Back when we did RoboCop: Alpha Commando, things were still animated on individual cels, each painted by hand. And the available color choices were far more limited. I suspect the choice of a red for the visor might have been because there weren’t a lot of good grays to use as highlights over black. Or maybe it was just that it gave the visor an extra little pop of color, to keep RoboCop from looking too monotonous for a cartoon."

I interviewed him back when Robo turned 30.

RB 11986

Archive

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:02 am Reply with quote

That's great, thanks! Smile

RB 348711

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Hurray! I have completed episode 6, which focuses on Bixby Snyder.
The plan is to release it on youtube 17 July for everyone.

RB 348711

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Cool! Nice to see new episodes of "Facts And Fiction" Very Happy

RB 11986

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard