New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: Fact and Fiction - Whats next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:01 pm Reply with quote

Awesome! It's great to see the old footage getting its outing again and finding out he was based upon our Benny Hill!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:41 pm Reply with quote

What happened to #3? It's been taken down

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:13 am Reply with quote

RoboWags :
What happened to #3? It's been taken down

These recent weeks there's been a new copyright holder that block all content related to "RoboCop: The Series." Usually copyright holders just claim the video, like MGM, but these new guys completely block it worldwide. It's automated so it's been pretty aggressive.

They respond pretty quickly however when i dispute the block and usually it is resolved and un-blocked the same day. These fact and fiction videos fit perfectly under fair use/documentary so the block is false.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:50 am Reply with quote

Archive :
These recent weeks there's been a new copyright holder that block all content related to "RoboCop: The Series."

Oh, great. I was trying to do a short "doc" about the release of The Series in Spain and I was happy no-one cared about the copyrights of that. Same with PD as well, I was hoping I could put the fan edit there too at some point.

I only wish the recent copyright claims has something to do with a new, official, release. That´d be cool. But I´m afraid it´s YouTube´s Skynet. I´ve been doing some music covers recently and got some copyright claims because they analyzed the melodies. They didn´t care if someone else were playing on that version. While I understand they should track whole movies for free there, they should leave alone people who used clips to create something new or do something educational with it (and some of us don´t monetize videos, so...).

RB 11886

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:28 am Reply with quote

The frustrating part is that they create a copyright claim/block for EVERY separate episode of the series included in a video. For the "old man and delta city" episode i got three separate blocks that had to be disputed individually. To their credit it was solved and removed within hours but it's frustrating.

I had a series "commander cash" clip compilation up and it got a block for all episodes included. That is something like TEN separate blocks on one video. I will probably not bother with that.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:06 am Reply with quote

Archive :
The frustrating part is that they create a copyright claim/block for EVERY separate episode of the series included in a video

Wow. That sucks.

RB 11886

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
These recent weeks there's been a new copyright holder that block all content related to "RoboCop: The Series."

This is some truly sad news. It sucks that one of the Fact of Fiction videos got taken down, though hopefully it will be back up soon. This also means that all the episodes of the Series are gone. There was a great playlist of all the episodes and it was my go-to way to watch the series. I'd be happy to pay full price for a high quality official collection of the Series on DVD or Bluray, but sadly such a thing does not exist. The quality of the youtube videos seemed as high as any bootleg DVD, though I might have to pick up one of those DVDs just to have easy access to all episodes. I guess there is a chance the recent interest in protecting the copyright of the Series could be a good thing, and they are just doing this because they are planning to actually put out an official release of the Series... but I won't hold my breath.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
I guess there is a chance the recent interest in protecting the copyright of the Series could be a good thing, and they are just doing this because they are planning to actually put out an official release of the Series... but I won't hold my breath.

At first I thought it had to do with a future plan of a Blu Ray release, but then I assume the current owners of The Series just want to claim everything on YouTube, yet doing nothing with the whole thing, as usual.

RB 11886

Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:45 pm Reply with quote

The episode is back up. This new excessive blocking of series content is annoying but at least it can be resolved quickly.

Interestingly, i had a fan edit of Robo:PD up at the channel and it was also blocked. But not because of anything from PD but for the series footage they use.

I feel the recent Amazon deal and the sudden need to block the series can't be a coincidence. The Robo TV rights are complicated for sure but i don't get why there otherwise would now be a need to block it. I mean they don't claim it and put ads on it as is usually the case with studios. Here they block it completely.

RB 348711

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:01 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Interestingly, i had a fan edit of Robo:PD up at the channel and it was also blocked. But not because of anything from PD but for the series footage they use.

Hilarious. I wonder how badly the edit I´m working on would be affected due to using The Series footage on it.

Archive :
I feel the recent Amazon deal and the sudden need to block the series can't be a coincidence. The Robo TV rights are complicated for sure but i don't get why there otherwise would now be a need to block it. I mean they don't claim it and put ads on it as is usually the case with studios. Here they block it completely.

I hope all that stuff means a decent release in the future and not being pricks with a license just because they own the character. It seems there´s a new game in the works, so RoboCop is getting new stuff. But it sucks how restrictive they could get with RoboProductions no studio cared in the last 20, 30 years.

RB 11886

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Archive :

Maybe they are planning to add the Series to Amazon Prime soon? PD has always been a 'staple' of their Prime library, so adding the Series would make sense. We have been talking about an official DVD/Bluray release for the Series for years, but at this point adding it to a streaming service seems a bit more likely. And that would not be a bad way to have access to it and maybe catch a few new fans who had never heard of it before.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:55 pm Reply with quote

I would like to see videos about the food he eats to sustain his organs. I’ve been curious about it for years since we never see him eat on screen. I remember in the script for Robocop he was eating the baby food Lewis brought for him. She was tossing jars in the air to help him with his targeting. How Murphy was actually put together is what I really would love to see!
I also wanted to learn more about all the the techs he has; Each film we see different ones assigned to him. Like what happened to Tyler and Roosevelt? They were there from the beginning of his construction.
But learning about his family and how they dealt with his death has been of interest to me. Murphy stalks her and when he finally sees her again, he tells her he doesn’t know her. I’m surprised she didn’t say that if truly didn’t remember her, why was he always driving by?

RB 1156

Ryou Win
L-L1

L-L1

Comment: Brazillian RoboCop Fan and M.u.g.e.n. maker. Last Updates: NeuroBrain ver.04,09,2019 for M.U.G.E.N.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:41 pm Reply with quote

RoboLewis :
I would like to see videos about the food he eats to sustain his organs. I’ve been curious about it for years since we never see him eat on screen. I remember in the script for Robocop he was eating the baby food Lewis brought for him. She was tossing jars in the air to help him with his targeting. How Murphy was actually put together is what I really would love to see!

. I agree with a upgrade to episode #3 of "Facts And Fiction" about how much flesh or organs there are left in Murphy´s robot body.
. The new MK11´s RoboCop uses a concept from "RoboCop vs Terminator" comic about only the head (and neck) had organic parts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vRsplZ0fR0
. In the 2014 movie we see hand, head, esofagus, heart and two lungs (but if 95% of the muscles are took from the body, there are no need of so much oxigen, right?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7j-lW4jwIQ
. I saw a RoboCop DVD menu with a x-ray screen that shows a rib cage inside RoboCop torso. A little big to be logic, but the NES game tells about a component called "bio-metabolalizer" between his two shoudels engines. There are in this component a little of organics to make a some biologic functions?

. In the RoboCop last stand comic mini-series (volume 6), his organic parts are like RoboCop 2: head parts and a part of the spine.
. And a controversial part: is his face a prosthesis? Total or partial, from the nose down? So it's okay for that part to be exposed?
. It´s only a suggestion. The episode is well made after all. And we must not improve on perfection... only in case of vital information. Only the author can decide.

RB 1361

cake
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:24 am Reply with quote

I think the face has to be organic. The plugged bullet wound seems to point towards it being Murphy's real face. When his wife feels his face in RoboCop 2, it is soft to the touch but cold due to the mechanical parts.

In RoboCop vs the Terminator, Robo uses the organic Terminator skin when rebuilding himself.

RB 730

hamburger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard