New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: Rogue City - New game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I suspect it will be very similar to the TITUS game

To quote Titus Robo: "Oh, shit!" Laughing

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:40 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Archive :
I suspect it will be very similar to the TITUS game

To quote Titus Robo: "Oh, shit!" Laughing

To quote Titus Robo: "Oh, yeah"

I hope it´ll be decent. They have time to develop something good. But I´m afraid when people get involved with Robo they usually give us shitty stuff.

I hope they won´t bring back giant rats this time.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:25 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Their last game was "Terminator Resistance" so that is probably as close to getting to know how the RoboCop game will be. Haven't played it myself but from what i have seen it is best to keep our expectations moderate low.
This is never going to be a massive triple A open world game like GTA as it's a small studio. I suspect it will be very similar to the TITUS game in gameplay but hopefully better.

I have not played Terminator: Resistance but I have heard about it and did some more research about it after Rogue City was announced. It does not seem like a great game, but does seem like an average game that more or less hit the mark when adapting Terminator to a game. So if that is all we have to go off of, at least we can expect a much better game than the Titus game. Resistance may not have gotten much critical praise, but at least it appears to be functionally playable.

I do think we can expect the gameplay to have a lot of similarities with the Titus game. However, that's not inherently bad as the Titus game did have some good ideas and features. The first person HUD looked perfect for the era, and you could arrest criminals instead of killing them, so from a presentation perspective the Titus game seemed off to a good start. You also said that it won't be a massive triple A open world game, and while I agree, I would not rule a full open world out. The name "Rogue City" implies we will have a a big city to cruise around. They also mentioned taking down gangs, and it made me think of the non-linear structure of the Saints Row series, where you can take down the gangs in whatever order you choose. This is probably asking too much, but this is what I am envisioning now. Open worlds are more common than they used to and there are plenty of indie open world games made by very small teams these days. Of course, those games are not action games based on existing properties, but still seems possible enough. For reference, Resistance was not open world, but has big open levels that are not entirely linear either. So if this was the case for Rogue City that wouldn't be so bad. Maybe they will have an open hub city area that leads to different levels. Either way, open world or not will not make or break this game, but still wouldn't rule it out yet.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:53 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
It's Teycon who will make the actual game. I believe Nacon is only distributing it or something. (Before this i hadn't heard of either company. )
https://teyon.com/

Their last game was "Terminator Resistance" so that is probably as close to getting to know how the RoboCop game will be. Haven't played it myself but from what i have seen it is best to keep our expectations moderate low.
This is never going to be a massive triple A open world game like GTA as it's a small studio. I suspect it will be very similar to the TITUS game in gameplay but hopefully better.

ooops,.. well, it least it'll look nice

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:30 pm Reply with quote

The baddie better be Clarence's evil twin or I'll riot! Laughing

RB 17167

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:41 pm Reply with quote

RickLee84 :

They´d do their homework if they included him!

(In case they´re reading this: DO NOT include Clarence´s twin brother. Or Giant Rats).

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:48 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
RickLee84 :

They´d do their homework if they included him!

(In case they´re reading this: DO NOT include Clarence´s twin brother. Or Giant Rats).

They can give us a game filled with tiny Boddicker brothers... just not another game with giant rats...

RB 1658

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:01 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
They can give us a game filled with tiny Boddicker brothers... just not another game with giant rats...

Or one in which Robo is a Giant Rat and has to eat these Boddicker. But in a cute, 8bit Nintendo way, of course. No blood, no gore.

Jokes aside, a new RoboGame is kinda cool. I´d like to try it when it comes out. If they nail the RoboPOV it´d be fun to play.

RB 10830

NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:14 am Reply with quote

RickLee84 :

They can definitely bring back Clarence and the gang, Dick Jones and all their respective voice actors if they utilise the characters in playable dream sequences. Think the Batman Arkham games when the Scarecrow is fucking with his mind and he's thinking about the Joker, they can do the same with Robo after an antagonist/OCP has fucked with his memory.

I'd love to see that, would be a great way to bring them all back.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:52 am Reply with quote

NukeLord :
RickLee84 :

They can definitely bring back Clarence and the gang, Dick Jones and all their respective voice actors if they utilise the characters in playable dream sequences. Think the Batman Arkham games when the Scarecrow is fucking with his mind and he's thinking about the Joker, they can do the same with Robo after an antagonist/OCP has fucked with his memory.

I'd love to see that, would be a great way to bring them all back.

I think that´d cost more than a dollar! Laughing It seems they´re a small company, so I doubt they´d have the bucks to hire all these actors to reprise their roles. I could see them using clips from the films if necessary, as they had the license, and would cost way less than having Smith or Cox recording new lines.

For me, I prefer something new than relying too much on the movies. Fill the gaps between films would be fun. Include some MediaBreak segments mentioning events from the films (Nuke, the Delta City plans), but don´t heavily lay on that. If you´re going to do this, I´d prefer a "RoboCop: The Trilogy: The Game" tongue where you follow missions from R1 to R3.

RB 10830

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:40 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
For me, I prefer something new than relying too much on the movies. Fill the gaps between films would be fun. Include some MediaBreak segments mentioning events from the films (Nuke, the Delta City plans), but don´t heavily lay on that. If you´re going to do this, I´d prefer a "RoboCop: The Trilogy: The Game" tongue where you follow missions from R1 to R3.

I'm in the same boat, I don't see much point in retreading the plot of the first movie. It would be cool to have some small easter egg references to the events from the movies, like the MediaBreak segments you mentioned. Or maybe you could browse police records at the police station and if you dig around you come across files on Clarence and the gang. The thing is, they were great movie villains but wouldn't make very good video game villains. Realistically you are better off having Robo fight much larger gangs that have an endless supply of bodies to gun down and maybe some armored or genetically enhanced bosses. If you wanna go back to the movies, maybe you could fight the splatterpunks and I could also see Nuke returning in a big way. And if they were gonna do a RoboCop trilogy based game it would be awesome to fight RoboCain... but that's a fight we've already seen in RoboCop games, more than once. I definitely would rather see a new and fresh story set a decent amount of time after the movies.

You have Robo, you have OCP, but that is all you really need for a good RoboCop story. Would be cool to see Lewis in the game voiced by Nancy Allen, but also definitely not necessary. I'd rather see them devote all their time and resources into the gameplay and design rather than blow their budget on getting the actors to voice their characters in the game. And yes, that applies to Peter Weller too. I am sure as we get closer to the game a lot of people talking about how they need to get Peter Weller to voice the character and complaining endlessly when they do not get him. But we here on the Archive know how challenging that will be to them. If they could afford another month of polishing and quality testing by getting somebody else to voice Robo, then they are better off without him. And that estimation is probably not too far off from what Weller would be asking for this role. On the other hand, Robo does exactly have a lot of lengthy monologues, so I would not rule it out entirely. But either way I hope that their focus is on making a good game first and foremost. After all, if Peter Weller had been the voice of Robo in the Titus game, would that really have made a difference?

RB 1658

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:56 am Reply with quote

I have Terminator Resistance and as a Terminator fan I really enjoy it. The writing isn't bad and it captures the feel of the first two movies. The music, visuals, items, it was all pretty accurate. If they give Robo the same attention to detail then we are in good shape.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
RoboFan
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:51 pm Reply with quote

I'm keeping my expectations low as the Terminator game mentioned wasn't up to much.

I hope Teyon make an improved game.

RB 34

Robocop_Unit_1983
C-L2

C-L2

Troop Commander

Comment: I'm having...trouble...

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:04 pm Reply with quote

I might actually order a copy once it comes out...

RB 2850

award ED-209 hamburger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard