New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: Rogue City - New game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:31 pm Reply with quote

I really think an action-oriented game with some nice cutscenes would benefit Robo the best.. Something in the vein of DMC or GunGrave would be fun while doing the character justice..
..First-person games for Robo take away a lot of what makes him.. we need to see him and feel his weight.. hard to do that in FP.. in my view anyway.

I wish I was able to finish that one fan game, that modeled after the Gungrave gameplay and mechanics.

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:11 pm Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
..First-person games for Robo take away a lot of what makes him.. we need to see him and feel his weight.. hard to do that in FP.. in my view anyway.

I agree. It feels more like "let´s pretend I´m Robo" instead of being him. Plus, I hope the POV would resemble like the original, because Titus´ RoboPOV wasn´t faithful to how Murphy sees.

Mindchamber :
I wish I was able to finish that one fan game, that modeled after the Gungrave gameplay and mechanics.

That Robo-model was sexy! I´ve seen some fan made videogames in the last days and it´d be fun to have something done with Robo in that aspect, but I´m afraid you need to spend way too much time trying to figure out a software and then knowing how it works.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:49 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Mindchamber :

I agree. It feels more like "let´s pretend I´m Robo" instead of being him. Plus, I hope the POV would resemble like the original, because Titus´ RoboPOV wasn´t faithful to how Murphy sees.

Mindchamber :

That Robo-model was sexy! I´ve seen some fan made videogames in the last days and it´d be fun to have something done with Robo in that aspect, but I´m afraid you need to spend way too much time trying to figure out a software and then knowing how it works.

thanks..
Maybe someoneone out there would be down to collab Im always willing to try that again.. As for coding itself, Im too old to learn stuff like that. haha, if Unity was around when I was younger I would've been all over it.
even Godot looks learnable by my standards.. still, Id need my bills paid for a year

https://godotengine.org/

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:45 am Reply with quote

I have never been a big fan of first person shooters, it makes you feel like you are the one behind all the action. If this is a RoboCop game, I want a platformer like the original arcade game! However, the RoboCop 2 and 3 games I had for Nintendo were dreadful. RoboCop jumping all over the damn place, falling into pits.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:53 pm Reply with quote

RoboJOF :
I have never been a big fan of first person shooters, it makes you feel like you are the one behind all the action. If this is a RoboCop game, I want a platformer like the original arcade game! However, the RoboCop 2 and 3 games I had for Nintendo were dreadful. RoboCop jumping all over the damn place, falling into pits.

I see what you mean but I think the green targeting sytem and console output would give it the RoboCop feel. You can bet your life we'll see him twirling his gun when he puts the Auto-9 away as he changes weapon too or when he fits the Gun-Arm.

The ability to switch between 1st person and 3rd person would also be cool (but very unlkely).

I thought Terminator:Resistance was a good but not great shooter with RPG elements. I think it will be the best RoboCop game we've had in years. We're in very good hands with Teyon as developers. They were very respectful to the intellectual property of Terminator and were clearly fans themselves. I'm very excited to see what they come up with.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:14 pm Reply with quote

RoboJOF :
I think it will be the best RoboCop game we've had in years.

It isn´t too difficult to archieve that Laughing

Hope we´ll have some updates soon.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:15 am Reply with quote

Do you think that a new RoboCop game now is a reaction to the recent popularity of his character in Mortal Kombat 11 or a testing the waters for new films/tv shows?

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:19 pm Reply with quote

RoboJOF :
Do you think that a new RoboCop game now is a reaction to the recent popularity of his character in Mortal Kombat 11 or a testing the waters for new films/tv shows?

I thought if´d be the latter. When Amazon bought MGM we started to have some news about this game and the new release of The Series, plus rumors about the Dick Jones show. I hope this means there are some plans for a new thing somewhere. Robo would be a character that could get a decent revival; I always thought he wasn´t used good enough. Since "Prime Directives" we had a diverse selection of stuff, but not too much. Bad games, and comic titles with small runs.

RB 11786

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:53 pm Reply with quote

I saw the trailer a few days ago and WOW I did not see this coming. (Yeah I know I haven't been here for years but I just wanted to throw my two cents to this.)

A next-gen RoboCop game looks promising, it was also cool to see him come back for Mortal Kombat 11 (although I'm not a big MK fan and it honestly looks and probably plays worse than MKX and before but anyways)

I just hope that this is at least a solid game and they don't screw this up like Titus did with the 2003 game. (I'm pretty sure that's already been mentioned but yeah.) Can't wait to see how this turns out.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:11 am Reply with quote

I got Terminator: Resistance on sale a couple weeks ago and just beat it last night. I am definitely a Terminator fan but I was mostly interested in seeing how they handled the property with the upcoming RoboCop game in mind. I am happy to say my expectations were exceeded on both accounts.

I won't give a full review of the game itself, but here are some thoughts on Resistance and what I think it means for Rogue City. First, Resistance is clearly made by people who are passionate about the Terminator franchise, and this comes through in every aspect, from the story to the gameplay and level design. While many aspects of this game are rough around the edges, the focus is squarely on an immersive Terminator experience. The story does a great job of tying into the films. At first the connection is loose, but by the end you have played though some important moments that set up a lot of the plot elements of the movies. This never feels like a game that just slapped a license on a generic game to make a few bucks.

Walking around the Resistance shelter feels like you are right in the movie. The same can be said for sneaking around bombed out towns, avoiding Terminators HKs. And while the gameplay is mostly slow, there are some awesome big action setpiece moments. By the end this future war really feels like a war, ramping up the intensity beyond anything we saw in the films. The gameplay wasn't exactly mindblowing, but the way it ramped up in intensity led to a very satisfying conclusion.

The fact that this game is rather slow paced is a good sign to me. The Terminators and slow and bulky. So is RoboCop. Robo isn't exactly well suited to the run and gun gameplay that is more popular in most FPS games these days. But Resistance's focus on slower paced encounters with heavily armored foes makes me think that they will understand how Robo is supposed to feel in combat. The Terminator gameplay is what dictates the gameplay here, not the other way around, which is the right approach.

Seeing this level of care for the franchise is of course a great sign for Rogue City. However, I still have several concerns. Notably, the voice acting in Resistance is questionable. The main actor is bland, and his lines are often mixed too low. There are also no recognizable actors from any of the movies so if you were hoping on hearing Peter Weller in Rogue City I would not count on it. I am just hoping they will get someone who can nail the voice and get the effect right. Robo's voice is very distinct so this is one aspect I think they need to improve.

Rogue City, as a title, might imply an open world game. And we have all dreamed about driving around as RoboCop in a big open city. But Resistance is not open world, and it doesn't even have any vehicles to drive. The good news is that it is not entirely linear either. The big action sequences are linear, but the main part of the game is set in bigger, more open environments with side missions scattered about. There are also a couple smaller hub areas. The format worked well for this game, but I'm not sure it would for Rogue City. It is possible that they have the experience and resources to do a full open world. What I think would be a more realistic compromise is have an open city hub world, where you can cruise around and drive to locations where there are missions that are set in more constrained and linear environments. Or what may be more likely is the city will be split into different zones, downtown Detroit, Delta City, etc. Either way I think something like that is a more realistic expectation than a fully open world game.

Resistance is not a perfect Terminator game, but it is a good one and maybe even the best one. If the same could be said for Rogue City I would be thrilled. There are definitely some things I am worried about, but overall I think Robo is in good hands. Playing Resistance and thinking about Rogue City made me more excited for something RoboCop related than I have been in years. And of course while dreaming about a new RoboCop game I couldn't help but wonder if a Terminator game and a RoboCop game coming out back to back from the same developer could be a coincidence. I'm not ready to hype myself up about that too much but it happened once before so it's not impossible...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 2:35 am Reply with quote

I completely agree with you on this Pimp. I am in the same boat about Resistance and it definitely spells good things for Rogue City. Resistance is so immersive and really delivers that Terminator feel.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:20 pm Reply with quote

Publisher Nacon will be releasing information about RoboCop: Rogue City as part of their 'NaconConnect' reveal series.

From Nacon:

#NaconConnect is in 2 DAYS and we have a few surprises for you!

📆 July 7 at 6pm BST | 7pm CEST | 10am PDT
📺 https://t.co/EKzFl7MzCN (YouTube)
📺 https://t.co/dA0gPky8NX (Twitch)

Subscribe & hit the 🔔 to get notified when the show starts. https://t.co/TTTMA7KHOa

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:33 pm Reply with quote

NukeLord :
Publisher Nacon will be releasing information about RoboCop: Rogue City as part of their 'NaconConnect' reveal series.

Good news. I´m curious about this one. The teaser was ok for what it is, but I hope we´ll see something else instead of his... visor? on perspective while the city is on the background.

RB 11786

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:05 pm Reply with quote

I'm a bit worried that all we will see is another CG cinematic trailer, and no gameplay whatsoever.

Hopefully it will be a bit more interesting than that.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard