New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: Rogue City - New game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:58 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
However, I feel it will be trashed by critics and players used to modern games expecting a AAA RoboCop game. It looks very dated in places and all the NPCs look like zombies.

Well, kinda is trashed now. It´s funny hearing in some of these advanced reviews "RoboCop doesn´t get a lot of damage" and "he walks slow". Yeah, that´s what the character works Laughing

Here´s another vid, with interviews on it: https://youtu.be/M35AgupQeFA

It´s cute they included the shooting range!

Plus, a gameplay video: https://youtu.be/tx6C1ANE7l4

The Poledouris theme is in there, too Shocked

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:38 pm Reply with quote

Anyone else sign up for the closed beta test?
https://forms.gle/WzGFUGKmi8EimUqH6

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:40 pm Reply with quote

According to a report released from Nacon about their upcoming releases, RoboCop Rogue City has been delayed to even later this year (November currently) and the Nintendo Switch version has been delayed to either Q1 2024 or has been cancelled altogether, it isn’t clear which.

RB 18145

Victorboris1
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:48 am Reply with quote

Rick :
According to a report released from Nacon about their upcoming releases, RoboCop Rogue City has been delayed to even later this year (November currently) and the Nintendo Switch version has been delayed to either Q1 2024 or has been cancelled altogether, it isn’t clear which.

Jesus Christ, I haven't posted in so long that I have no idea when it was the last time I logged in. Anyways, on the subject at hand, the game is being built on the Unreal 5 engine and I've managed to get my hands on the closed Beta for PC. It ran like a car with square wheels and the engine wouldn't properly load the textures, which is why they were doing a Beta in the first place. Given the quality of the visuals shown in several leaked videos, I don't know if thing can be ported to the Switch without a complete reworking, starting from scratch, in a completely different engine, since the Switch doesn't have the necessary processing power to use the Unreal Engine 5.

RB 36

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:08 pm Reply with quote

I rose from the dead to come back and say They took this game in the wrong direction and I am sad, lol

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
RoboDave
O-L5*

O-L5*

OCP POLICE 075

Comment: A sane man, in an insane world

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:16 am Reply with quote

I only got it for PS5 but I wish I got the Xbox version cause it does not have the glitch cut scenes like the PS5 version does oh well

RB 696

delorean-car
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:02 pm Reply with quote

In spite of its flaws, I enjoyed the hell out of it. For all of the AAA games released this year this little AA game has been my favourite, and that's not just because it's RoboCop.

I don't think there's not been any game I've not enjoyed this year, but none were quite as fun for me, and I think that's what I've been wanting in a game for a while. With every generation of console I seem to buy less and less games, and I think that's because some of the "magic" has been lost and not necessarily due to age.

I will say for every detail they got right there were a bunch they got wrong for sure, mainly when it came to sound effects for me. I watched a modded PC version with the right sound effects lifted from the movies and it really elevated it. We're talking footsteps, mechanical noises, Auto-9, hell, even the gun twirl and holster.

I've gone through it twice and am hoping they patch in new game plus although I think it's unlikely. I want to be a tank from the opening through to the end.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
pengbuzz

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 am Reply with quote

Íå âûáðàíà
RB 0

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:24 pm Reply with quote

Just a heads up that the official Twitter account for RoboCop: Rogue City has basically said they've heard the requests for a New Game + mode and to "stay tuned".

I've gone through the game twice now and the idea of starting from scratch as the tank that Robo is has brought a smile to my face.

RB 17812

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:31 pm Reply with quote

Looking forwards to a new game+ mode for sure.

I really liked the game but some of the side quests were incredibly mundane and boring. (the intense get a towel mission for example...)
so being able to play just the core mission without having to worry about getting all the XP would be great.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Looking forwards to a new game+ mode for sure.

I really liked the game but some of the side quests were incredibly mundane and boring. (the intense get a towel mission for example...)
so being able to play just the core mission without having to worry about getting all the XP would be great.

Definitely. I found some of the side quests weirdly funny to do, like the whole rescuing a cat thing and fetching a towel. Maybe I'm giving the game a bit too much credit, but I kind of thought of it as a commentary on policing as a big, fuck off cyborg. It's not going to be gang violence and dick shots all of the time so regular police work has to be done.

Plus, officer camaraderie and all that. You can't let the man catch a chill.

RB 17812

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:21 pm Reply with quote

It's the same thing in every game so Rogue City isn't doing anything different, but the whole notion that a police cyborg has been reduced to an errand boy doing chores like printing out papers, fetching a towel for a dude in the showers and rounding up signatures for a "get well" card is a bit much.

With a Game+ i would be happy to focus on some actual cases instead. Smile

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
With a Game+ i would be happy to focus on some actual cases instead. Smile

I'll be forever rescuing cats, fetching towels, signing cards and issuing tickets. Maybe some of Fax's bullshit is still swirling around in there somewhere.

Christ, what a sad little life oh dear

RB 17812

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard