New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: The Series on HD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 6:23 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Most people have heard of RoboCop, even the younger people I speak to recognize the name. But hardly any of them have even seen one of the movies.

Spot on. Which could explain the excessive use of THAT Robo3 image. It's just RoboCop and there is no knowledge of any movie or actors.

Check out any youtube movie react video (i absolutely hate them) and seemingly nobody has ever seen RoboCop. EVERY react channel has a react to RoboCop.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
RoboPimp :
Most people have heard of RoboCop, even the younger people I speak to recognize the name. But hardly any of them have even seen one of the movies.

Spot on. Which could explain the excessive use of THAT Robo3 image. It's just RoboCop and there is no knowledge of any movie or actors.

I just saw a video the other day for a signing service that has teamed up with Peter Weller, and in the video he says "I'l sign anything!" and shows a spread of images from movies he's worked on. And also an image of Robo with the gunarm from RoboCop 3. There are some hardcore fans amongst us who say only Weller can portray Robo, meanwhile Weller himself doesn't care if he's the one wearing the suit or not, as long as he gets paid to sign the picture!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:34 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
I just saw a video the other day for a signing service that has teamed up with Peter Weller, and in the video he says "I'l sign anything!" and shows a spread of images from movies he's worked on. And also an image of Robo with the gunarm from RoboCop 3. There are some hardcore fans amongst us who say only Weller can portray Robo, meanwhile Weller himself doesn't care if he's the one wearing the suit or not, as long as he gets paid to sign the picture!

It really represents how the RoboCop license works for fans. Do you love Weller in the role? Here, here´s a pictured of Robert Burke signed by him! Laughing I watched that promo (and a few convention pics) and he has that picture to sign. Really weird.

Anyway, I find out the 1978´s Battlestar Galactica had an HD conversion as well, and even catched a brief "making of" of that set. It seems they really remastered it, and included two different versions, in 4:3 and 16:9. I´m not too familiar with Galactica´s popularity in the States (the reboot was wide popular and well regarded all over the globe), but the 70´s one seems like a cult product for a small audience. Yet they made the effort.

Archive :
Check out any youtube movie react video (i absolutely hate them) and seemingly nobody has ever seen RoboCop. EVERY react channel has a react to RoboCop.

I admit I watched a few of these. What I found interesting about some of them is to find some older people (I´m talking someone above his 20s) didn´t watch it in the past. Hell, I even found shocking when some guy who became a good pal didn´t watch it, and he´s closer to my age!

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:30 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
I admit I watched a few of these. What I found interesting about some of them is to find some older people (I´m talking someone above his 20s) didn´t watch it in the past. Hell, I even found shocking when some guy who became a good pal didn´t watch it, and he´s closer to my age!

My main issue is that because it is a reaction video the people in the video naturally have to react and they certainly do.

They gasp and fall off their chair if someone as much as open a door in a movie. They get overly emotional and shocked about anything and it's just ridiculous. They must get a heart-attack just riding the bus.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:18 am Reply with quote

On one hand, I feel bad for them because they're new to video releases; and getting this kind of publicity was a real make or break moment. But on the other, these flaws were completely avoidable, even self-inflicted. Early on, it was easy to dismiss a lot issues due to naiveté. But the more evidence comes out, the more it begins to look like they were intentionally misleading.

As for the bonus features, I'm not one to be swayed by them. But it becomes a selling point when re-releases become closer together; the type of thing that could convince a fan to double dip on a new release. But with pitiful bonus features like this, it's almost worse off now. It really cheapens the set.

It was doomed the moment it got too ambitious. This set had been out of print for years and has a built-in cult following. It was not competing with anything else. I don't know how much the "restoration" cost, but that money could have been better spent elsewhere. The tape sources were being stretched way past their limits.

The reviews stating the the DVD release has dropped frames is just the cherry on top; I was banking on getting that release, but now I don't even know. The treatment of customers and the quality control makes the original asking price seem unreasonable. MAYBE if it drops to $20

RB 730

hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:40 am Reply with quote

Slash Man :
This set had been out of print for years and has a built-in cult following.

I still see some boxsets on eBay, not too expensive. And in Germany they did 4 or 5 editions of The Series.

Slash Man :
On one hand, I feel bad for them because they're new to video releases; and getting this kind of publicity was a real make or break moment.

Exactly. If they didn´t claim it was remastered, from the vault elements, and such praise, people wouldn´t be that mad. If you hype a product and this happens:

Slash Man :
The reviews stating the the DVD release has dropped frames is just the cherry on top; I was banking on getting that release, but now I don't even know

It feels like a joke.

Slash Man :
As for the bonus features, I'm not one to be swayed by them. But it becomes a selling point when re-releases become closer together; the type of thing that could convince a fan to double dip on a new release. But with pitiful bonus features like this, it's almost worse off now. It really cheapens the set.

The problem with this release is it´s aimed to us, RoboNerds. And some already own some releases of the show. So you need to add something else to the mix to make it attractive to us. When you claim you have your stuff from the vault elements and borrow a video or two from this site, it feels fishy. What kind of sources they got? The master tapes of the episodes? That´s all?

Slash Man :
The treatment of customers and the quality control makes the original asking price seem unreasonable. MAYBE if it drops to $20.

I´d like to get it, but it´s too expensive for what it really is. Sadly, I´m seeing a lot of people crapping on that edition, other people cancelling this and such. So I don´t think they´ll get too much money for it. Again, if they didn´t hyped the whole thing, and answered some of the questions on social media they could had more luck.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
drsyn71
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:59 pm Reply with quote

It looks like Liberation Hall is releasing just the pilot episode alone on 10/11/22.

Blu-Ray:

https://mvdb2b.com/s/RobocopTheSeriesPilot/LIB-4027

DVD:

https://mvdb2b.com/s/RobocopTheSeriesPilot/LIB-4023

RB 1002

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:01 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Slash Man :
This set had been out of print for years and has a built-in cult following.

I still see some boxsets on eBay, not too expensive. And in Germany they did 4 or 5 editions of The Series.

Slash Man :
On one hand, I feel bad for them because they're new to video releases; and getting this kind of publicity was a real make or break moment.

Exactly. If they didn´t claim it was remastered, from the vault elements, and such praise, people wouldn´t be that mad. If you hype a product and this happens:

Slash Man :
The reviews stating the the DVD release has dropped frames is just the cherry on top; I was banking on getting that release, but now I don't even know

It feels like a joke.

Slash Man :

The problem with this release is it´s aimed to us, RoboNerds. And some already own some releases of the show. So you need to add something else to the mix to make it attractive to us. When you claim you have your stuff from the vault elements and borrow a video or two from this site, it feels fishy. What kind of sources they got? The master tapes of the episodes? That´s all?

Slash Man :
The treatment of customers and the quality control makes the original asking price seem unreasonable. MAYBE if it drops to $20.

I´d like to get it, but it´s too expensive for what it really is. Sadly, I´m seeing a lot of people crapping on that edition, other people cancelling this and such. So I don´t think they´ll get too much money for it. Again, if they didn´t hyped the whole thing, and answered some of the questions on social media they could had more luck.

It's Native video is only gonna get so sharp,A remaster won't save an image that is not there to begin with.Honestly it even with its issues is the best version of this I think we will ever get.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:36 pm Reply with quote

drsyn71 :
It looks like Liberation Hall is releasing just the pilot episode alone on 10/11/22.

Blu-Ray:

https://mvdb2b.com/s/RobocopTheSeriesPilot/LIB-4027

DVD:

https://mvdb2b.com/s/RobocopTheSeriesPilot/LIB-4023

That's an odd choice but really just goes to show what a cash grab this whole thing has been. I had a good laugh reading the "press quotes" for the Series that are posted on these product pages, 3 of which are from IMDB with a 4th one from the Archive itself, and all of the quotes cut off mid-sentence.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:41 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
That's an odd choice but really just goes to show what a cash grab this whole thing has been.

It is... strange. It´s a strange move to release the pilot as a single thing at this point. As I´m still thinking what to do with this release, I thought I´d be cute to try to get this one to make my mind. Then I found that it costs $24.95. Really? For 10 bucks more you can have the whole thing.

As for anything new, the bonus features are: Behind the scene featurette / Trailer

And I assume the featurette will be the exact same thing lifted from the Archive, while the trailer could be the opening Liberation Hall released as a trailer (where they put a few text over it to promote the release).

The only way I could understood a newer release of a single episode would be having both the DVD and Blu Ray on the original aspect ratio.

And, by the way, that cover is ugly. A promo shot of Eden, with some small town houses and thunder in the background?

vegasrobo :
A remaster won't save an image that is not there to begin with.

So, it makes little sense to get a video rip into a single release. It won´t make any difference between the pack and the single pilot episode in terms of quality. Confused

RB 11786

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:28 pm Reply with quote

I asked Liberation Hall about any chance to release a "The Series" CD since, well, they have access to the so called vault elements and well, they specialize on music.

Their reply was:
Quote:
Good suggestion. We will look into it!

Which doesn´t mean much, but well, it´d be cute to have a release of the orchestral cues (I let them know I was talking about that and not the pop/rock tunes, since these were released on the 90´s CD). I think it´d be something more "special" than release single episodes in Blu Ray/DVD.

I hope they´ll have a chance to consider a release!

RB 11786

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Anyone took a look to the Pilot release? I wonder if having the first two episodes on a single DVD/Blu Ray would imply a better video quality if you compare it with the pack.

I´m fascinated by these releases.

RB 11786

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:18 am Reply with quote

Less episodes on a disc can lead to better compression and better video quality, if done right! The more eps on a disc, the less space there is, the more the episodes need to be compressed and the video quality goes down significantly, again, if done right!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Zentron :
Less episodes on a disc can lead to better compression and better video quality, if done right! The more eps on a disc, the less space there is, the more the episodes need to be compressed and the video quality goes down significantly, again, if done right!

That´s why I´m asking. There would be "hope" to have a better looking DVD/Blu Ray if they only put in the disc the 90 min pilot (I doubt the "making of" and so called "trailer" would steal too much data), but I could see them taking the compressed pilot from the set and put it on a disc Laughing

I can´t find too much info about this release. For a second I thought they scrapped it, but it seems it´s for sale online (and their website listed it as well). There was some buzz for the release of The Series before we knew how it´d be transfered into Blu Ray. After that, everything vanished. Two or three YouTube reviews, and that´s all. It´s hard to see a decent comparison between the set and the one disc German edition (or a decent video where they could put a short clip to see). In the case of The Pilot, just an announcement on social media about it´s for sale.

I wonder how good deal they made with this. It doesn´t seem they sold a lot of these releases. If so, I think it´d be more stuff online about these.

I hope they´ll take a look to make the Orchestral Soundtrack CD. After that, they specialized in music...

RB 11786

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard