New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Quiet in this forum.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: I am RoboAnt!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Wake up, RoboCoppers. Wink

RB 3026

cake
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:43 pm Reply with quote

I think the forum has, technically, been quiet since 2016 or something. opps

People don't hang around message boards anymore since facebook and other social media places came around.

The board will still be online but probably more as a "museum" now than anything active. The board no longer accepts new users as the amount of spam bots joining is too much work to deal with for the amount of traffic there is here.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Aw. Even https://www.reddit.com/r/Robocop/ is more active. Sad

RB 3026

cake
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I think the forum has, technically, been quiet since 2016 or something. opps

We need that "Dick Jones" series to get a boost and have people talking crap about a newer RoboThing. Laughing

Archive :
People don't hang around message boards anymore since facebook and other social media places came around.

"I´m... over the hill".

I can see social media more attractive and such, but as I already said on other topics here, it feels more comfortable to go here and check stuff. It avoids getting over the same meme in the same group every 5 minutes.

Archive :
The board no longer accepts new users as the amount of spam bots joining is too much work to deal with for the amount of traffic there is here.

That´s sad. But kinda ironic artificial beings are attracted to the RoboCop website.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:54 pm Reply with quote

Can't we have old members review the new members and moderations (call these moderators -- OCP Security?) on this forum? The forum link can go back on the web site if people help out. Smile

RB 3026

cake
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:19 pm Reply with quote

ant :
Can't we have old members review the new members and moderations (call these moderators -- OCP Security?) on this forum? The forum link can go back on the web site if people help out. Smile

If it was an active forum absolutely, but old members don't visit anymore, or very rarely. And these moderators would spend a lot of time each day deleting non-human users from a forum that real humans don't visit. Laughing

I don't feel sad or bitter about it. It's just how it is and has been for years now. Interestingly facebook used to be the "cool" place to hang out in 2016 or something and now it is a pretty uncool place to be. Kids certainly don't use facebook anymore.

ChAnOoD :
We need that "Dick Jones" series to get a boost and have people talking crap about a newer RoboThing. Laughing

I think that would be a blast. Our version of "Rings of power" that everyone was having an opinion about (and were experts on.)

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:05 pm Reply with quote

I may not post much, but I still check in once a day or two to see what's happening. I admit, it will probably take the announcement of a new TV show or movie to get any real activity going around here, and even then it may not be much in comparison to other general sci-fi websites or social media platforms. Just the way things have gone in society.

RB 18145

ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:59 pm Reply with quote

Rick :
I may not post much, but I still check in once a day or two to see what's happening. I admit, it will probably take the announcement of a new TV show or movie to get any real activity going around here, and even then it may not be much in comparison to other general sci-fi websites or social media platforms. Just the way things have gone in society.
Ditto. IIRC, this place picked up when the last (crappy) movie was out.

RB 3026

cake
RoboFan
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:37 pm Reply with quote

I joined wayyyyyy too late.

RB 34

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:13 pm Reply with quote

Man this was the spot back in the early aughts. Still is, I would probably have a breakdown if Archive ever got back to the point of shutting down, but I doubt legacy members would ever let it get that financially dire.

But those were good times, the best, really.

Just wait for another reboot/sequel to start filming, things would blow up again I'm sure!

RB 5960

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
edgeofthecosmos
O-L2

O-L2

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:14 am Reply with quote

I'm still here and I believe robocop will eventually have a comeback so stick around. This year we'll finally get the long awaited documentary, hopefully that will bring back the spark, but regardless I will be here.

RB 1031

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:43 am Reply with quote

Burnout :
Just wait for another reboot/sequel to start filming, things would blow up again I'm sure!

Yeah, with the reboot things went nuts, but sadly a bunch of these new members only wanted to talk about the 2014 iteration and then they left the forum. But I guess a new project would make newer conversations, instead of getting back to the same topics over and over again. I don´t mind talking about the stuff from the past, but I can see why other people don´t.

edgeofthecosmos :
This year we'll finally get the long awaited documentary.

Yeah, that´s great, but I´m a little bit worried about the lack of information about the Blu Ray release. Getting in streaming first would be dangerous for some of us: I´m sure some pieces will leak online before the guys who put money for the physical release would get it on our hands.

edgeofthecosmos :
But regardless I will be here.

Me too.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:47 am Reply with quote

I've spent half my life here. Not about to stop visiting now :P

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:22 am Reply with quote

I'd say "I'm doing my part".. but I honestly ain't. opps And it's not the right particular 'Verhoeven experience' anyway tongue

ChAnOoD :
I can see social media more attractive and such, but as I already said on other topics here, it feels more comfortable to go here and check stuff. It avoids getting over the same meme in the same group every 5 minutes.

I've become well assimilated to Facebook and all but I agree it's good to still have this and spelunk around. Funny how this place after getting on a quarter-century now (holy hell that's a fucking long time you know, especially in internet years!) is basically settling right to where it began - An 'Archive' pouring an essentially dead franchise. In a way its fitting and proper. Yeah the lack of activity is sad but there love is still here I think.

Having said that I too am here, after a fashion. And shall be. Given I'll soon be 35 and I've spent over 2 decades of those three and half in my life (give or a take a couple periods of time I fell off the face of the earth, lol) on this place you know I'll be with this joint 'til the end which I hope for this place, as I do with the world and life itself will be quite a while yet. This place has been my first internet home as well as a community to discuss something I've cherished all my life and well I'm glad to see it endure even as the online version of a man quietly enjoying retirement smiling fondly at past glorys and fun moments and some downright kooky spots, content with what has been accomplished yet wondering and maybe just maybe itching for some sort of comeback. We shall see. But more importantly we shall be here. Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard