New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

ROBOCOP 2 + 3 Stunt Coordinator/Action Director dies

Spectrum Scarlet
Sgt-L1*

Sgt-L1*

SIMPY 4 PIMPY

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:09 pm Reply with quote

Conrad "Connie" Palmisano, stunt coordinator and 2nd unit director on "RoboCop 2" and "RoboCop 3", passed away last month. He was revered by all in the business. He was responsible for shooting every action sequence and shot that didn't require the cast, in particular, the van chase in "3".

A former Marine, he handled a plethora of classics as the 'stunt boss': "Rambo: First Blood", "Under Siege", "Batman Forever", "Airplane". "The Naked Gun", "Turner & Hooch", "Romeo Must Die". The "Rush Hour" sequels and "Lethal Weapon 4". He was also president of the Stuntman's Association and served as a stuntman on "The A-Team" and "The Fall Guy", amongst others.

"RoboCop 2" was mentioned in press tributes. He was 75. Without him, neither of the later instalments would have had the ferocity and explosive impact. He brought a great deal to them and Fred Dekker credited him on the audio commentary.

RB 2500

hamburger batman-card comic2-robocop comic4-robocop
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:46 pm Reply with quote

That's a shame to hear. RIP.

I don't think he was interviewed for RoboDoc but I imagine if there is any "in memoriam" sections on the upcoming docs for 2 and 3 that he might get mentioned.

RB 18145

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:27 am Reply with quote

Just now read this.. that is a shame. I've seen his name and I agree he was a big part of why so many films had such well executed action sequences.

Glad to hear he lived a long life tho, not something too many in the stuntwork part of the industry manage. RIP indeed.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard