New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

UGLY cover for new RoboCop DVD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    INDEX -> Front Page - Featured Topics
Nash
L-L3

L-L3

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quote

Archive :
I sent them an e-mail aswell. Haven't gotten any reply yet though.

Thank you Archive.

As a team we can accomplish lots of things.

RB 5709

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote

This abortion is fucking awful.

I've seen better looking toilet paper.

Hell, i wouldn't wipe my ass with this thing.

Sony really is run by a bunch of jackoffs.

Shit like this is a testament to that.

RB 495

Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quote

Amen to that.

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quote

That is a close-up of a 6 inch RoboCop action figure from he RoboCop 3 Toy Biz line. Peter's face is then pasted (from a picture we can find at the archive) onto the head.

This had better be a fan-made cover, Cause I'd never buy that.

They're not even trying.

----Sean

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:51 am Reply with quote

I got a standard reply back. Is this the same one all you got?

MGM :
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know your thoughts and hope you continue to support MGM.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:37 am Reply with quote

yeah totally the same .. they are " cheap " and I got it just this day!!

Quote:
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know your thoughts and hope you continue to support MGM.

Thanks for visiting MGM.com!
MGM Online

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :

Quote:

Thanks for visiting MGM.com!
MGM Online

That basically translates to," Go Fuck Yourself " from the friendly staff of MGM. :roll:

RB 495

Nika Silwerra

OCP5 - L3

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:13 pm Reply with quote

ahh yeah !! right Meph!! very "cheap " reply as the their very cheap cover .. but the qestions .. what they could to write more ?! as this ?!

But I hope they was read the our opinions ! So and now I want to see a really cool cover !! mr green

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Well, at least it doesn't seem to be a fully automated reply. It took one day before i got the mail, so hopefully they at least check the mails "manually" before they send out the standard reply.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Nika Silwerra

OCP5 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:58 pm Reply with quote

hey boys .. I think here is many persons who know really good use the Photoshop or other programs . we had make a really cool pict as would have looks the cover and send it the MGM !! ( or someone have made it ??) Smile

RB 4166

murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote

Wink he! it's very good idea my sister and I think that you you could do it because you have much talent!!! mr green

RB 2354

tiny-cop robocop-head alex-murphy RoboBadge baby-food award
Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quote

I'd like to add that if they don't change the cover. We could still make an alternate DVD cover replacement and make it available for download, and those who want to can just take the crappy one out, and replace it with the cooler one. Hopefully the new DVD is in a regular keepcase, and not a cardboard one like some Special Edition DVDs get. Then again it's not hard to get a regular DVD case.

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3

Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:24 am Reply with quote

Dear God - and I'm not religious!! - what the fuck is that cover all about?!?! That's a RoboCop - Alpha Commando figure a bit modified...oooh jeee, if that makes out as a bloody cover, it's screwed for Robo-universe. No one will ever take RoboCop serious again... Sad

Oh, and I don't really think MGM reads any mail at all...

Perhaps that cover is just a last-minute fix to post on their site, but anyway...they still got the first RoboCop movie cover, which is EXCELENT, in my opinion...I still get chills on my spine when I see that cover... Smile

Не выбрана
RB 0

Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quote

Got another reply from MGM:

MGM :
Thank you for your email! The upcoming "Robocop" DVD cover is a lenticular image that features Peter Weller from two different perspectives - (1) with visor (2) and without visor to show the actor's face. We hope that you will at least wait to see the artwork in person when the DVD is released this June 2007.

If you still feel the cover does not stay true to the "Robocop" franchise, please feel free to write us back at MGM Online. We welcome all thoughts and concerns.

Continue discussion in the new topic:
http://robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=527

RB 348711

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard