New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robocop 1-3 Comic Adaptations
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote

Here are two pages from the Robo1 comic adaption. The art is so wrong. Not necessarily ugly, just wrong.

Look at the way Robo enters the door, and how he connects to the computer terminal. That's messed up.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote

turd thumb2 thumb2 oh dear

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:22 am Reply with quote

Thanks Archive! The curiosity has been killing me about the artwork and the adaptation style overall. Now just page or two from the other two and I'll be a happy camper

One question: is all the gore left in? I mean, are Clarence and Emil killed the same way?

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote

Man, I have the Black and white version of the first movie comic and it looks better than the coloured version. Art still sucks though. They really messed it up.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote

Is Robo, flipping the bird while kicking the door and punching a man?

What a jerk!

RB 710

cake
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote

He also stabbed the TV. tongue

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote

So many KEY differences too. I see Robo thinking that he wont shoot his own, while in the movie the reason why he doesnt fight back is because he lost the gun in Jones' office

RB 525

DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote

My eyes!

Well... Apparently artists didn't watched the movie.

Ugly s**it. :\

RB 523

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quote

The worst part is that door being kicked open. That just looks awkward.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote

robohell :
RoboPimp :
EC-209 :
The Marvel adaption is basically the movie; however, with some slight differences. One in particular is that Cain, i kid you not, is wearing a top hat. It is really not worth reading. It actually makes you not want to watch the movie ( if your a first time reader). Basically what I'm saying is it's crap.

Yeah, but the cover is very cool.

I just got my copy a couple of weeks ago, i didn't know how good a
read it was going to be, but that cover is just awsome with cain above
the city, and robo blasting away.
I wish there was a full size poster of that cover.

Pretty cool indeed

But I still prefer this one

RB 525

Lee Sullivan
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Just to chip in on the style and quality of the Movie strip artwork . . .

Although I was working on the regular Marvel title at the time, I was very grateful not to be doing the movie adaptation; a completely thankless task. It must be 60+ pages done at lightning speed, probably not seeing any footage of the film *at all* and relying on production stills plus a script adapted from the movie script that was still being rewritten on set, from what I recall being said at the time.

It looks very rushed, and I'm sure it was, but there are a lot of reasons why the comic-of-the-movies all look a bit . . . thin. It's kind of amazing they bear any resemblance to the movie at all!

I think that when the 3-part version was issued, the idea was to have more continuity with both the monthly title and with the look of the movie, so I was asked to pencil the covers and rather well known guys inked them Smile

Best wishes

Lee S

RB 1094

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:19 am Reply with quote

Here are some scans I found of R2 adaptation. Now all we need is some sample of the R3 one

RB 525

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote

I still have one unanswered question (plus request fr some R3 scans):
is all the gore left in the R1 adaptation? I mean, are Clarence and Emil killed the same way?

RB 525

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:24 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
So many KEY differences too. I see Robo thinking that he wont shoot his own, while in the movie the reason why he doesnt fight back is because he lost the gun in Jones' office

Lol, it's interesting this appreciation, I don't think even if he had his gun he would have shot back at policemen, they weren't doing anything against the law, while shooting policemen surely is against the law Wink

Lee Sullivan :
It looks very rushed, and I'm sure it was, but there are a lot of reasons why the comic-of-the-movies all look a bit . . . thin. It's kind of amazing they bear any resemblance to the movie at all!

That's also very interesting, of course they had to draw those comics without having watched the movies, and I agree it's amazing it bear any resemblance to the movie, quite a lot I would say.

KidGoesWild :
Here are some scans I found of R2 adaptation.

Those look pretty nice! I don't know why but the issue I bought then was black & white, non-colored, and it looks much cooler with colors.

I read it many times before watching the film (I didn't went to see it at theaters, I had to watch it in VHS), though I think I was still too little to understand the story from the comic book before watching the actual movie.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard