New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

2 Disc 20th Anniversary Edition DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quote

it seems like the lenticular cover was just a joke that MGM did to piss us all off and then they were like "ha here's the real deal"

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
rlemmon
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:25 am Reply with quote

Has anyonw seen anywere this can be preordered. I cant find anything about it other than the soource of the artical.

thanks

RB 356

Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote

I think it's a little early for stores to start accepting preorders. Plus the announcement came yesterday, so you might want to give stores some time to get and read the announcement. If preorders haven't started by a week or two, then they might not start till June or July.

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3
roboben
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: It is my great "pressure" to introduce to you... RoboBEN...!!!

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote

The first disc seems exactly the same as the old Trilogy boxset, dunno whether they digitally remaster the movie, like they did for James Bond. If they did, it will be great; if not, I would rather wait until I get a blu-ray player in the future.

RB 217

robocop-figure1 dvd-robocop1 game-xbox
Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote

The difference is that disc one has the theatrical cut and not the extended cut. The extended cut is on disc two with the new features.

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3
AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quote

Anyone know how long the extended cut is?

The terminator 2 extended edition is like 20 minutes more, and Spider-man 2 is like 8. I'm wondering how much longer Robocop will be?

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote

The extended cut is the same cut of the movie that's on the Out of print Criterion DVD, and also in the Trilogy Box Set. It's only about a minute, give or take a few seconds, longer.

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3
T1000416
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:17 am Reply with quote

I would happily quadruple dip for this dvd. I like the tin case, it's very neat looking. I hope it isn't like the T2: Extreme Edition case though. That thing ate up my dvd case.

RB 41

Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:24 am Reply with quote

From the looks of the design it might be like the Collector's Edition Metal Case for Halo 2.

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3
The real thing
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: RoboCop goes blu (-ray)

Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:18 am Reply with quote

Hopefully the Blu-Ray will be out the same day as Fox has been doing with titles that they have said would be on both.

Can't wait to watch Robo on my full HD tv and surround sound.

RB 163

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote

woow looks it very good .. I am sure I will want the DVD !! I hope I will get one also to my country Smile

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:21 pm Reply with quote

I would like the Blu-Ray version but I would like to gat a HDTV first as there is no point in forking out extra money if I am not going to use its full potential...

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
anticlaus
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
What surprises me is that for the longest time ANYTHING RoboCop was released in the UK and other countries before here in the States.

And that this release is here first. To me it's a bit surprising.

I did have a T2 metal case release DVD. But that one's long one. But Aside from that, I've never had a Steel case DVD before. So that's a first for me. Hate to say it, it's a welcome change from MGM.

I love the design of this case most of all. But there are a lot of people out there that think this strays too far from RoboCop's usual BLUE cases. Blue, as far as Robo is concerned, is played out big time.

And as far as Having him face the opposite way rather than head-on is a good concept. I'm actually tired of looking at RoboCop head on. I think it's time that RoboCop is viewed from different angles to te general public.

I think RoboCop has a "good side" to him. When properly lit and photographed, Robo looks intimidating. Especially since looking at him head-on has become so redundent.

Look at that cover again. He looks like he's ready to take on the entire city. As he was built. Fact that the picture was taken from a screenshot from the drug-factory scene is regardless.

The gun is in full view of the general passer-by, making the Auto-9 something to be adored as well as feared.

----Sean

well written. i agree. you know, this reminds me of the first time you ever see robo, just a glimpse from behind... stunning. i love it.

and i like the font.

RB 2422

SithLrd0498
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote

This is a definite must-buy for me!!!

We're getting all the old features from the Trilogy box set edition plus the theatrical cut (although I'll never watch that one...LOVE the unedited edition bust) as well as the new features previously mentioned on the Blu-Ray release. The metal case and cover art kicks butt too.

And this is all for less than $20 too!!!! That's the best part IMO.

RB 204

starwars-emperor starwars-darthvader southpark-cartman transformers-icon2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard