New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

A few good things also in PD , R3 and series
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote

Hello boys and girls .. of course you probably say the same qestion " What good thing can to be in not too good films as R3, Robocop PD and also series "! ? yeah of course the answer is easy .. Nothing .. But the films are bad as all .. and anyway also here are some light things as ..scenes , or ideas ..

I wanted created a topic also about these films because you surelly know here is not too many topics about it ..I certainly know that here is also several PD or series fans so I think would be nice read also your ideas and opinions Wink ..

and what needs this topic .. you write anything what you think what is good in the PD or R3 or series . any thing what you liked there , scenes , characters , story .. anything ..

I go first .. I dont like PD .. but I liked in the film ( in first episode) that the Robocop used again the interface needle as a weapon .. ( and also the last scene where he killed the Bone machine had a few good ideas .. and ther good things in the PD was again to see as the Robocop use his fists ( during the fight with Cable ) that looks interesting , althought they could make better things with bigger budget Wink

and now come one ! I want to see your opinions Wink

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Kenjamin
The best there ever was

O-L3

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning.

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quote

Well I liked the premise of Prime Directives, like the whole idea that RoboCop is ten years old and is becoming obsolete...

And RoboCop 3...let see... I liked how the Delta City plot thread was revived...and how the relocation brings about a resistance...

It's just the execution of these ideas I'm not too keen on.

RB 667

mug doom-marine alex-murphy
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote

I think PD had a good story in some respects. Of course the parts I am refering to are the parts where Robo is classified as obselete yet people need him but only when they want. However, I dont like the idea of 'one person destroys the world', I hate that in films and T.V, I feel it was a little over the top.

The violence in PD was good as it reminded me of the violence present in the first two RoboCop films. It did'nt shame prom shooting people and blasting half of their hands off.

But the problems were the cast and crew, of course I am meaning Fletcher. If Eden had ended up staying on the project I feel the whole aspect of PD would have been a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote

mr green hello has all my friend,
me I think that there is good in Primes directive,
I like the side dark and obscure and obselette of robocop which this brings closer much robocop1,
I like also dark humour and the violance,
but the casting is not has the height!
even if I have much respect for the 2 actors,
I think that Julian Grant could have found other actors who would
have given an image closer to that of Peter Weller in the movements.
For robocop3,
I liked the deportation of without house,
but I think that the death of Lewis could have better been successful has the image,
in robocop3 I like the side humour (but not too!),
in robocop3 I did not love Robert burck is more often on the ground has ground than on these legs!! huh what
it is domage!
here my opinion my sister lewiska! Wink

RB 2354

tiny-cop robocop-head alex-murphy RoboBadge baby-food award
Hob976
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:13 am Reply with quote

Oddly, enough, I actually like the way Robocop 3 was directed. No, really.

I thought their was a lot of good panning with the camera, and timing the cuts (editing perhaps). I think a weak script and poor acting killed the movie....

As far as PD goes.... (hmmmm......) The END.

No, really. The ending. I think it's kinda cool that, after the whole ordeal, when everyone else would call it a day, Robocop turns and just heads for the city to battle the chaos....

RB 3974

Parkan2005
Verbally challenged

L-L2

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quote

I just want say only about the Pd series:The storyline of that film is very booring and scenes with Robocop so quick so i can say only one thing:The Pd series is a fanstic film on 20% the 80 % of the film is drama,and detective film.

Ps Sorry for my words if you all not understand me.

RB 605

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quote

PD had its moments. So Did the series.

And all those moments I talk about are the emotional tones dealing with Murphy and his past colliding with his present.

PD: The hug and crying scene DID touch me. "Look into your father's eyes... Before you do it" good emotional beat there.

Series: Anything involving Murphy's son or Father. Nancy seemed too damned helpless all the time. Damsel in distress method can't be used all the time. But the emotional beat when Murphy's dad confronts RoboCop "You know, the hardest thing in the world.....the hardest thing in the WHOLE world.......is to outlive your son." That was some good acting on his father's behalf.

PD and the Series, as much as we like to hate them for their poorly constructed plots, did have the characater of Murphy in mind.

And that's what should be counted.

-----Sean

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
Dangerous
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quote

Not seen anything apart from the three feature films unfortunately.
For what I like in Robo3 see the Italian DVD thread.

RB 342

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote

very good boys .. after al the bad things what we worte about these film .. nice to see also a positive reactions ..

i have to say .. from the R3 I like the first 20 ( or maybe more mins ) until the death of Lewis .. ( it really looks the the film will be have interesting story and also end ) but in the church begins a break ( the Robocop is damaged and cannot fight almost half of the part .. ( strange ,only one granate from Mc Degget got the hero whom in the R2 got many alike and also worse injuries in battle with Cain ) :roll:
anyway another good thing for R3 and it is come back the Poledouris music Wink

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
Sgt. Reed
L-L2

L-L2

I know how real cops kick ass.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote

Hi! Very Happy
Prime Directives mainly sucked because of the actors.
I mean the story was cool and it coulda been an awesome series.
Page Fletcher is just the wrong guy to play Robo.
I personally enjoyed the flashback scenes where he was still Murphy.
Cable's scenes were much better as a man then "RoboCable".
Bringing back the violence was good, reminds you of the original two movies.
The bad guy (I dont remember his name, the blonde guy.) was terrible..
A fat fuck like him pulling some kung-fu shit all of a sudden? Come on!!
And has anyone noticed how short Fletcher is? Robo looks like a midget with practically anyone standing next to him. (Although I heard the actors really are tall and Fletchers about 5'11) The best scene was the one where kills Bonemachine using the spike.

RB 66

sgt-reed the-crow-figure mk-reptile
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:09 pm Reply with quote

In Robocop 3, the one scene that
i love is when Lewis get's shot and robo
is carring her to the alter and you see all
sort's of religious imagery, like
staind glass window's and such.
I thought that scene was pretty powerful.

But i hated the way Lewis died.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote

The time when Cable says "what are you prepared to do!?"

Laughing

RB 5860

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quote

Burnout :
The time when Cable says "what are you prepared to do!?"

Laughing

oh dear ...Jackass.

mr green

Or what about the time when ANYONE in that film series says "What are you prepared to do!?"

Damn I hate that line. Who the hell would use a line like that in reality anyway? :roll:

RB 495

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Or. The. Fact. Fletcher. Has. To. Pause. After. Near. Enough. Every. Single. Word...

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard