New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

A few good things also in PD , R3 and series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

RegalSin
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:30 am Reply with quote

I liked how OTOMO, the toy, had a synde look on his face, when he was making communications, between the girl and her father.

Speaking of OTOMO, was that not the name of the robot ninja?

Back on OTOMO, makes me think about the Japanese influence.

I am OTOMO
Get ma an OTOMO
If you do not get me one, I will hate you.

OTOMO, OTOMO, OTOMO, OTOMO,

RB 484

ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote

yeah,Otomo was the name of the ninja's in R3.

another thing I liked about RoboCop 3 - the voice. they went back to that metallic,machine sound voice whenever he had the helmet on and wasn't "Murphy".

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote

ElectricSoul :
another thing I liked about RoboCop 3 - the voice. they went back to that metallic,machine sound voice whenever he had the helmet on and wasn't "Murphy".

You mean you liked the dismissal of Robo's refound identity that could only be really conveyed through the voice, or in other words, Burke's voice over Weller's?

..I swear everyone's fucking with me lately. :roll:

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote

Burke spoke and sounded like a typical cliché low voiced robot

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
ElectricSoul :

You mean you liked the dismissal of Robo's refound identity that could only be really conveyed through the voice, or in other words, Burke's voice over Weller's?

..I swear everyone's fucking with me lately. :roll:

well,he IS a cyborg!

and,really,Robo 3 was a blow against humanity. but seriously,I don't have any issues with his humanity. hell,an argument could be made for Murphy being at his most human in Robo 3. I just like the cool synth voice he has when he's in full on Robo mode.

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote

ElectricSoul :
I just like the cool synth voice he has when he's in full on Robo mode.

Well that I get, if it were still Weller that is.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote

Hopping on the synth-voice-is-awesome bandwagon. Plus the return of Robo's powered hum doesn't hurt, either! Granted, Burke's vocal performance left a lot to be desired (for me) but I can't fault the sound designers for what they did with it. Especially after some of Weller's awesome on-set audio was scrubbed for that "cliché low voiced robot" in RoboCop 2.

Anyway, watching RoboCop 3 earlier today gave me some appreciation for its editing. It's tight, the pacing is strong, and it just feels so much better than RoboCop 2. RC3 may get my eyes rolling, but RC2 is just a giant headache of a movie.

RB 13970

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:46 am Reply with quote

RoboTrap :
Anyway, watching RoboCop 3 earlier today gave me some appreciation for its editing. It's tight, the pacing is strong, and it just feels so much better than RoboCop 2. RC3 may get my eyes rolling, but RC2 is just a giant headache of a movie.

From that standpoint, of course, but lets not bring R2 into it again, shall we? It's common knowledge that you hate it with all your soul, my dear. Wink

Anyway, I do get the synth voice point completely, just not totally sure about having it back or not. Certainly don't prefer it with Burke but I suppose we had no choice by that point. That said, I did like the hum, though, that is a nice bit.

RB 52679

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote

There were a few things I kinda liked from Robocop 3, like the Detroit Police fighting back against OCP, as well as the Johnny Rehab commercial, and the guy falling of the OCP building while on the phone with his wife was a little funny too. But everything else sucked.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RoboTrap

L-L2

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote

Sorry, sorry, I had mentioned RC2 in regards to the vocals but the second mention was unnecessary.

To contribute: something I liked about The Series was the music. Forgetting the craptastic opening theme (what were they thinking???) I liked the cues they used, especially the bit whenever Murphy was getting close to solving a case that was thankfully on the OST.

RB 13970

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote

^ Indeed, though I didn't think the opening track was all that bad (wasn't really that good either though)

That said, it'd be nice if any of the Series' score tracks were posted on YT or something, be nice to check them out, I agree there were some good pieces of music throughout the show.

RB 52679

RoboTrap

L-L2

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 am Reply with quote

RoboCop Overture aka "Murphy's Figuring Something Out and/or Some Shit's About To Go Down" Very Happy

The official OST only had this one orchestral track, credited to the "Delta City Orchestra". The rest was licensed music (and Joe Walsh's end credit track). As far as I'm aware, the only release of the title theme was on a compilation album released by the Sci-Fi Channel back in the '90s: Sci-Fi's Greatest Hits - Volume 4: Defenders of Justice.

There are some re-recorded tracks on there, when the source material wasn't available or too low quality, but both RoboCop tracks (Series theme, and a medley from the first film) are originals to my knowledge.

RB 13970

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:10 pm Reply with quote

Burkes voice goes against what Verhoeven established. In the first movie, Murphys just a regular cop, good cop, but a regular person. He isn't some super two-gun shooting McClane , and even when hes Robocop, he acts like a product first, but never a cliché robot, never making faces as if he just bit something bitter, and never trying to sound like Arnold or Rambo. A tough guy robot with Stallone, low voice is just so cliché and downright silly. One of many great things about Weller was also that he didn't sound like hes taking steroids, he had a soft and natural, normal voice. In the first movie, he had a slight echo added to his voice, in the second, it was slightly digitized, in the third he just sounds like he belongs to The Expandables. "No loitering!", that low voice...Sorry, I was just never a fan of Burkes voice. He did very well with movements (he had Yakim after all), but his facial expression of an angry child and Stallone voice imitation just didn't work for the character.

ElectricSoul :
hell,an argument could be made for Murphy being at his most human in Robo 3. I just like the cool synth voice he has when he's in full on Robo mode.

Nah, I disagree. That's the thing I dislike THE most about R3, is that all his human features, such as anger, pain, any kind of emotions have been taking away from him, even his signature Murphy traits. Its an argument that pops out fairly often that's why I just put it in my blog - http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/2010/12/robocops-personality-throughout-movies.html

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote

I may not have seen all of prime directives. I saw a edited tv version on youtube, i think.

But it made sense, so fair enough.

I like PDs. Its awesome. Paige Fletcher is a really good actor. He had more variations in character than the others. He did organic, augmented being with controls, and augmented being with freedom. He did many diferent things.

Every actor who played robocop is good. Its just that Paige Fletcher got many things to do.
Its the material they each got, not their talent.

Joel Kinnaman has many things to do too.

The story was good, and very sad in parts. Very dark and violent.

It is the first time the whole crap about him not being with his family made a very tiny bit of sense.

It was always totally against Alex Murphys character to not go straight back to them.

The first film implies hed find them.

But after that, its dragged out for the drama. No other reason.

But in PDs, he cant say his own name till he has to to save John Cable. He cannot speak well at all sometimes.

It is out of character he doesnt go back and raise his son.

It is good he and James are together again. But its sad when he realizes what he missed.
A lot of it heartbreaking.

John Cable is pure awesome. He looks like hes trying to outcool everyone with his moustache and cigar alone!

The villains are good.

Its not got many plotholes.

RoboCop The Series is awesome too.

Its silly sometimes, but its well written.
I like how it wraps each episode up neatly.

Richard Eden is very good in it.

RB 188

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard