New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

A few good things also in PD , R3 and series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:09 am Reply with quote

Meriandressial :
Every actor who played robocop is good. Its just that Paige Fletcher got many things to do.
Its the material they each got, not their talent.

I think one could make an argument that not every actor handled the material given well enough, therefore their acting was bad. However, I could agree with you, but I think that the range between, say, Robert John Burke compared to Peter Weller is vast. You could say they are both good actors and that RJB was given much worse material to work with, but I find it clear that Weller's dedication to the role was much deeper and reflects so on screen. So, Burke did a pretty good job of what he had to work with, but Weller did an amazing job. That much shouldn't even be a debate.

Now, I would say none / very, very little of the acting in PD is good, the best of it being when not Robocop is on screen but Alex Murphy, but that's (slightly) more debatable.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:13 am Reply with quote

Meriandressial :
I may not have seen all of prime directives. I saw a edited tv version on youtube, i think.

But it made sense, so fair enough.

I like PDs. Its awesome. Paige Fletcher is a really good actor. He had more variations in character than the others. He did organic, augmented being with controls, and augmented being with freedom. He did many diferent things.

Every actor who played robocop is good. Its just that Paige Fletcher got many things to do.
Its the material they each got, not their talent.

Joel Kinnaman has many things to do too.

The story was good, and very sad in parts. Very dark and violent.

It is the first time the whole crap about him not being with his family made a very tiny bit of sense.

It was always totally against Alex Murphys character to not go straight back to them.

The first film implies hed find them.

But after that, its dragged out for the drama. No other reason.

But in PDs, he cant say his own name till he has to to save John Cable. He cannot speak well at all sometimes.

It is out of character he doesnt go back and raise his son.
:
It is good he and James are together again. But its sad when he realizes what "he missed.
A lot of it heartbreaking.

John Cable is pure awesome. He looks like hes trying to outcool everyone with his moustache and cigar alone!

The villains are good.

Its not got many plotholes.

RoboCop The Series is awesome too.

I havnt watched robocop 1 2 and 3 in ages. I will when i can, though.

Robocop 2 was a mess. But ok.

Robocop 3 was not as good.

But since i saw r3 on vhs, ive seen so many bad films, that are definately worse.

Mostly atrcities involving the rock, shudder. My husband likes him.

^ Part ridiculousness, part irrelevance, all bullshit. (well, R2 and R3 are about right, but that's about it for this post)

Since it seems you haven't viewed R1 in a while, that's something you need to do. Seriously. Re-watch the original film and then get back to us on how good PD and the remake are.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote

**Meriandressial**

I've thought about responding to this person a few times, but I just can not decide whether to take him/her seriously. I think we are being trolled, honestly.

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard