New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

WORST moments in "RoboCop the Series"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote

Personally, I would take all the 22 episodes and whittle them down to just 13, getting rid of as many episodes starring Pudface as possible.. a few little edits here and there, to get rid of as much cheese as possible too!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote

Most of the episodes that weren't all that good are from the last half of the season's run - Mothers Day, Sisters In Crime, Robo v Commander Cash, etc. all are poor episodes (and that's being polite). Compared to those episodes I almost welcomed Pudface and the other recurring villains, though that was still pretty crummy too.

There were some good episodes late in the run like Heartbreakers and Nanno but it's still fairly clear they were running out of good ideas the further they went.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote

I always found strange the fact that Robo´s arm falls when he catches with his hand a grenade in Zone 5. It should destroy his hand or something, but not deatach his arm without any damage... Laughing

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Cartoon violence, man.

RB 523

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
Gadget
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: A good citizen always tells the truth, right?

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:20 am Reply with quote

As much as I love The Series, there are still parts that I hate...
In the Heartbreakers episode, the scene where Robo gets shot by the power-enhanced Heartbreaker and shoots it back using reverse polarity. It was just one of those WTF moments
In the Corperate Raiders episode, Robo gets his helmet knocked off like it was nothin xD
The entire RoboCop vs. Commander Cash ep was a joke.
And is it just me or does every time Robo tags someone he always shoots em in the ass? O.o Must be a bad habit originating from the first movie, eh? *wink wink*
There are a lotta scenes that I hate but I've forgotten em... I guess that gives me a good excuse to watch it again

RB 241

Metronet
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: And now a word on nutrition

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 am Reply with quote

I'm one of the minorities who really enjoyed The Series. I'm thankful the TV version had to tone down the violence. So when I have to look away from the screen, it's only out of embarrassment..

I accepted RoboCop vs. Commander Cash to be a fun and cartoony episode. I knew I must take this ep very lightly when RoboCop is seriously confused as to what Cartoon Law is. Anyway, I thought it was a neat plot device to transmit Commander Cash's animated back story through RoboCop's interface spike.

My least liked episode is Inside Crime. The plot is blah, and Pudface is annoying. But this ep has one shiny gem in it where RoboCop was on fire. He's moving about, rescuing a bunch of workers, while he is still ablaze. The stunt seemed to go on longer than in R3.

The worst bits of The Series I find are in a couple production details.

I hate it that I can tell when RoboCop's stunt double is on screen. Robocop's face suddenly looks...puffy. It's as if Robo took a deep breath and held it. The stunt double even steps in just to fire the auto-9, ugh.

I also hate it when it was obvious RoboCop is wearing rubber or vinyl gloves. The gloves made the fingers bend and flex in weird ways. His hands are supposed to look like metal, damnit!

RB 111

game-xbox
robofan13
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:06 am Reply with quote

Sgt. Reed :
Still it was better than Prime Directives..

But to get back to the topic, sometimes Robo would just stand there when somebody would drive a forklift at him or shoot him with a plasma cannon or whatever.
Robo was DUMB in the series.. Neutral

Actually, I felt that Prime Directives had a lot more violence and action than The Series. And the introduction of another Robocop was just awesome in my opinion.

RB 65

RoboCool7
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Good 2B Back here after quite some years!

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote

Ehmm.... every single one? Laughing
Honestly... I bought the box-set when it came out, and watched the first episode, and I just could not get myself to continue to watch more episodes, I felt it just harmed the good image I still have of Robocop.

Kinda reminds me of PD... oh dear

Quote:
Actually, I felt that Prime Directives had a lot more violence and action than The Series. And the introduction of another Robocop was just awesome in my opinion.

Can't help myself here... and no offense intended, but REALLY?! I mean it sounds like some producer saying: "what's better than Robocop? Well... how about 2 Robocop's!" but maybe that's just me...

RB 182

Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:36 am Reply with quote

So... back on topic, my most despised moments from the series would have to be when Robocop casually kidnaps the Old Man to show him how people live in old Detroid (really? Robocop rules OCP now?) andpretty much everything concerning the magical face transforming cream.

RB 454

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote

RoboCool7 :
Ehmm.... every single one? Laughing
Honestly... I bought the box-set when it came out, and watched the first episode, and I just could not get myself to continue to watch more episodes, I felt it just harmed the good image I still have of Robocop.

Kinda reminds me of PD... oh dear

Quote:

Can't help myself here... and no offense intended, but REALLY?! I mean it sounds like some producer saying: "what's better than Robocop? Well... how about 2 Robocop's!" but maybe that's just me...

There are still some neat moments in Prime Directives, but all those things could have been crammed into one decent tv movie...not 4. and WTF is with half of the last film being about Robo walking up stairs. Like seriously, how was that ever supposed to be AWESOME???

RB 5860

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:26 am Reply with quote

Duke Serkol :
So... back on topic, my most despised moments from the series would have to be when Robocop casually kidnaps the Old Man to show him how people live in old Detroid (really? Robocop rules OCP now?) andpretty much everything concerning the magical face transforming cream.

You know, that'd make an amusing parody.

I mean it. It would be rather amusing and show some forced commentary.

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote

Gadget could be the single reason this show was so bad...

Other than that, too much focus on the Murphy family. There were some decent episodes with the folks, but mostly Nancy and Jimmy stories were corny at best.

"I don't know if you remember me, you got me out of some trouble..."
No Shit, kid. He's only your father. Did we really need a flashback to remind us that Jimmy and Robo have a special bond? No!

Don't get me wrong, some of the family stories were ok, but it could've been handled better. But we're talking TV standards of the early 90's. So not the same now. Imagine this series made just 2 years after...
It could've been so much better.

For all my qualms and peeves about this show, "This one's for America", it wasn't so bad. In fact, I just watched a few of them a couple days ago.

I mean, I love cheese, but at times, it's not worth watching it all the way through.
Some of the better episodes, and there are few, were in the last part of the season.

But, that budget, top-notch.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
RegalSin
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote

This show was the APEX of the entire series ( Movie, shorts etc combined ), and made a much more reasonable RoboCop. I loved every ( if not most moments of it ) moment of it. It also more like real officers then a blasted movie.

I will admit, it was made for women, and like Lois and Clark, many of the episodes revolved around pro-women activities.

Another thing that annoyed me for every episode that invovled a gang or group, or even neighborhood watch they would bring out the same damn vehicles ( usually Jeeps, and those terrian bikes ), but they would
repaint them, put stickers on them, or dress them up. I get so tired of seeing the same exact cars being used over and over and over again for every street gang type. The only excuse was maybe the OCP cars blah blah

the only thing that bothered me, was the cartoony nature of some of the villians. Yes this show is made for married women, but not every bad person has to be a silly clown type. Specifically the two villians from the first movies.

Otherwise this series was fun and basic. I really like how they intergrated his father into the series, and gave the viewers a coperate criminal who was a woman for a change. As you expect she has a bunch of milk boys she cries to, spanks, hit, and etc just like "Mom" from "Futurama". Then she gets off, with her hand, when she jacks into the net. They even make her "boys" have the nation she is getting off to investing in the stock market. We need more corporate women characters.

Otherwise the TV portion of the series was great.

Gadget was not bad at all, it gave the police station a good atmosphere.

RB 484

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote

RegalSin :
This show was the APEX of the entire series ( Movie, shorts etc combined ), and made a much more reasonable RoboCop.

I already went into this elsewhere but again, on behalf of just about everyone, disagree big time.

That said, you're confusing the shit out of me - First off I don't really understand what the Series made more 'reasonable' about RoboCop honestly. What the hell does that mean?

Next, let me get this straight - you liked having an annoying little kid running around but got irked at reuse of some Hummers?

Then finally you bitch in the other topic about feminist ruination of society and then commend the show for having a female top corporate villain?

You're all over the goddamned place. I'm now wondering if all these posts are some kind of bad joke.. Bah.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard