New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop3 killed director Fred Dekker's career
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:04 pm Reply with quote

A good director can make a bad script salvageable. A bad director can make a good script suck donkey nutz. So, what is the case here? I am not saying that Dekker is a bad director, but blaming the script and target demographics is not a good excuse. Sorry.

Не выбрана
RB 0

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote

RoboStud :
Nice find!!!

Fred Dekker blames story of RoboCop ended in RoboCop 1 but I remember reading an article once that he sounded like he was so proud of finding the lost RoboCop 2 Script by Frank Miller and re-write it for RoboCop 3. He should blame his poor writing skills instead of RoboCop 1 because I thought the Frank Miller Script was much better in the "Frank Miller's RoboCop" comic than "RoboCop 3". He didn't even understand RoboCop's character and story. He couldn't even come up with his original RoboCop story so he took a good abandoned script from Frank Miller and mess it up and then blame on RoboCop 1 for lack of story to follow. What a loser!!! I am not a fan of Fred Dekker. I thought Monster Squad sucks too. Sorry if I offended Monster Squad fan.

Yes, it was a bad movie. Yes, fred dekker should have wrote the script a little better than he did, but to say that the man is a loser and has poor writing skills is just ignorant. The man has written and directored a few things in his time that were very well done. Besides Robocop 3, he wrote/directed on Monster Squad, which has a HUGE cult following, Night of the Creeps, which again does too, and he also wrote a lot of the first season episodes for tales from the crypt TV show when it started.

Im not trying to defend the man on making a bad movie, but personally when people get on blogs and just blert out whatever is on their mind, I think alot of the time they talk crap to sound cool and I hate that. :roll:

The only thing I will agree on is that Frank Millers ROBOCOP comic was the BEST!!! tongue

Не выбрана
RB 0

RoboStud
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote

I believe Fred is to blame for inventing dumbass ninja robot Otomo. The reason why Robocop, ED 209, and Cain are believable in near future is because they walked slowly and mechanically. That's why I said Fred doesn't understand the Character and Story of RoboCop by putting in a fast jumpy Ninja in RoboCop 3. The Ninja made RoboCop 3 looks so silly and dumb sci-fi.

jasonf:
but personally when people get on blogs and just blert out whatever is on their mind, I think alot of the time they talk crap to sound cool and I hate that.

I am not trying to sound cool. But it just really pissed me off that RoboCop 3 is a big screw up, and I can't help myself expressing it. Neutral

RB 505

Tazzy Murphy
@@@ Whirlwind @@@

Sgt-L1

Comment: Friends are like angels they lift us up when our wings have forgotten how to fly!

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote

RoboStud :
I believe Fred is to blame for inventing dumbass ninja robot Otomo. The reason why Robocop, ED 209, and Cain are believable in near future is because they walked slowly and mechanically. That's why I said Fred doesn't understand the Character and Story of RoboCop by putting in a fast jumpy Ninja in RoboCop 3. The Ninja made RoboCop 3 looks so silly and dumb sci-fi.

jasonf:
but personally when people get on blogs and just blert out whatever is on their mind, I think alot of the time they talk crap to sound cool and I hate that.

I am not trying to sound cool. But it just really pissed me off that RoboCop 3 is a big screw up, and I can't help myself expressing it. Neutral

Nice meeting you both Smile
jason I think there is a differance between saying whats on your mind and
making things up to sound good. I think Robostud was saying what he really feels. Thats what this blog is all about. I myself only give Robo3 25/100, it had some good points to it (the movie) though not many.

RB 3

pirates-jack xena-sword rose award tazdevil dvd-trilogy cake

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quote

no, no, Im not trying to attack anyone... Embarassed

Robostud, I understand better now why you think fred dekker messed up the film, its just in your first post you never said anything about hating the robots and you just started going off on hating the man.

Im a huge Frank Miller fan and in some of his interviews, he talks about how his original script, which they turned into the avatar comic, was obviously for robo2, but the studio chopped it up so much that it wasnt anything like it anymore. Fred got a hold of the script and tried to save what he could of it. There wasnt a robot villian, so the ninjas were added.

Again, sorry if I sounded like I was attacking anyone, not what I wanted to do, just didnt think it was fair to say his career sucked, b/c of putting ninjas into one movie.

*side note: the movie was made in the early 90's, which happened to be same time a lot of america was really into ninja movies, so thats probably why they were added. Wink

Не выбрана
RB 0

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote

We Robo fans tend to hate Fred Dekker much in the same may as Batman fans hate Joel Schumacher. They both "killed" loved characters.

Personally i don't take into consideration what Dekker did before, i just know that when he made RoboCop3 he started the end of RoboCop. He can blame it on whatever he wants but he is still the one that directed that mess.

The Otomo ninja however was Frank Millers character.
( Named after Miller's favorite Japanese writer and comic book artist, Katsuhiro Otomo. )

Miller has always had a soft spot for Ninjas. Cool in his Daredevil comics, not so much in RoboCop.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboStud
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quote

Wow, Otomo ninja was Frank Miller's idea? Didn't know that.

Learn something new here, Robocop Archive is the best. Always can get some new RoboInformation.

RoboCop Films are satiring our American Society. As I recall the early 90s, the Japanese Corp were rising in the USA especially beating the Auto Business. Avatar comic version of Frank Miller's draft didn't focus on it because it was probably written in late 80s before Robocop 2. I am thinking Fred kept the Ninjai in besides the fact Ninjai movies were popular then but also because Ninjai came from Japan. But at least RoboCop 3 didn't have "Pokemon" Robots That would make RoboCop 3 rated "G". Laughing

RB 505

Tazzy Murphy
@@@ Whirlwind @@@

Sgt-L1

Comment: Friends are like angels they lift us up when our wings have forgotten how to fly!

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quote

jasonf :
no, no, Im not trying to attack anyone... Embarassed

Robostud, I understand better now why you think fred dekker messed up the film, its just in your first post you never said anything about hating the robots and you just started going off on hating the man.

Im a huge Frank Miller fan and in some of his interviews, he talks about how his original script, which they turned into the avatar comic, was obviously for robo2, but the studio chopped it up so much that it wasnt anything like it anymore. Fred got a hold of the script and tried to save what he could of it. There wasnt a robot villian, so the ninjas were added.

Again, sorry if I sounded like I was attacking anyone, not what I wanted to do, just didnt think it was fair to say his career sucked, b/c of putting ninjas into one movie.

*side note: the movie was made in the early 90's, which happened to be same time a lot of america was really into ninja movies, so thats probably why they were added. Wink

I didnit mean to sound harsh Jason.. sorry if I was...I made one whopper of a mistake my 2nd day here..they frgave me.you surely aren't alone Wink Laughing

RB 3

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:40 pm Reply with quote

I think, if directed right, the Ninjas could have worked. Hell the film could have worked if it was directed right.

I enjoy the fact that the man killed Robo, so Robo killed his career in an act of revenge...

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quote

Well their was one good thing about Robo 3...Robocop taking that Pimp's car. then it got lame when those Hockey kids got involved, but it still showed Robo begin a cool officer of the law. Was that Dekker or Miller?

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Tazzy Murphy
@@@ Whirlwind @@@

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote

Wow EC-209....You have the Character you like pimp has the Character he likes....Leave him alone already gesh!

RoboPimp :
Well their was one good thing about Robo 3...Robocop taking that Pimp's car. then it got lame when those Hockey kids got involved, but it still showed Robo begin a cool officer of the law. Was that Dekker or Miller?

You need a fluffy pair of dice to Pimp Wink

RB 3

EC-209
This is my BOOM! stick

Sgt-L2

Comment: Come get some...

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Tazzy Murphy :
RoboPimp :

Yo Pimp, there is nothing good about Robo3. The whole movie stinks like a big pile of shit. I hate that this movie has anything to do with the Robocop franchise. It is worthless and suck big ED-209 balls.

RB 785

evildead-ash starwars-bobafett nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-blue-velvet nuke-black-thunder
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quote

EC-209 :
Tazzy Murphy :
RoboPimp :

Yo Pimp, there is nothing good about Robo3. The whole movie stinks like a big pile of shit. I hate that this movie has anything to do with the Robocop franchise. It is worthless and suck big ED-209 balls.

Last time I checked ED didn't have balls Wink But seriously, while toe movie was awful, it still had a few moments that were cool or somewhat accurate to Robo. The whole opening scene, for example, was pretty interesting, even though it turned to shit. I liked the pimp scene, as I already stated. But everyone has a different opinion. I don't hate it on principle, but look for the good and bad in it.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:19 pm Reply with quote

The opening scene with the jump off of the car park was cool, if a little pointless.

And for God sake man use the car door...

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard