New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The Old Man Topic.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quote

We all know him. I was pondering about him the other day, and realized that he's a cool character but I really don't know a whole lot about him. Here's what I want to know: A) Is their some history on this character? I recall seeing him in the series and was wondering if their was some more stuff their or maybe said in an interview ect. B) What do you think of the character?

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Kenjamin
The best there ever was

O-L3

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quote

We he really seemed to play a fatherly figure to an otherwise corrupt corporation. With that said, all I have to add is:

Behaaave yourselves!

RB 667

mug doom-marine alex-murphy
EC-209
This is my BOOM! stick

Sgt-L2

Comment: Come get some...

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quote

"The old man" was cool in Robo1 but in Robo2, he was as corrupt as Dick Jones. For crying out loud, he approved the hit on Cain's crew. The mayor had it right when he called him a crazy senile old bastard. Ha, Ha, Laughing that part was hilarious.

RB 785

evildead-ash starwars-bobafett nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-blue-velvet nuke-black-thunder
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote

yeah EC .. while in R1 he seems as good and fair man in the R2 was his totally different ..hmm suddenly from so almost innocent old man to bad guy ?! huh what Or it was just the spirit of Dick Jones ?! I would rather see in the R2 the Dick Jones for the bad guy ( ahh and if I am right this actor died Crying or Very sad )
The an "old man " in R3 was not too good actor for the role .. he was a funny and nervous and I really the feeling that this actor played many comedies .. but what we can want .whole R3 was as one big comedy or parody for first two films Wink

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote

I think, that Ed Neumeyer had put this guy as an counterweight for Dick Jones (but he still is more intrested in profit, than anything else, like every businessman). Without counter-weight, he had been put in R#2 as substitute for Jones...

RB 523

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quote

DoktorNo :
I think, that Ed Neumeyer had put this guy as an counterweight for Dick Jones (but he still is more intrested in profit, than anything else, like every businessman). Without counter-weight, he had been put in R#2 as substitute for Jones...

Ah, good point. i never looked at him like that.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Robocop_Unit_1983
C-L2

C-L2

Troop Commander

Comment: I'm having...trouble...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:42 am Reply with quote

Nika Silwerra :
yeah EC .. while in R1 he seems as good and fair man in the R2 was his totally different ..hmm suddenly from so almost innocent old man to bad guy ?! huh what Or it was just the spirit of Dick Jones ?! I would rather see in the R2 the Dick Jones for the bad guy ( ahh and if I am right this actor died Crying or Very sad )
The an "old man " in R3 was not too good actor for the role .. he was a funny and nervous and I really the feeling that this actor played many comedies .. but what we can want .whole R3 was as one big comedy or parody for first two films Wink

Indeed my dearest Nika,

His name was Daniel O'herlihy

RB 2850

award ED-209 hamburger
Player1
O-L1

O-L1

Topic Necromancer

Comment: ...when I grow up, I'm gonna be just like RoboCop! :D

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:32 am Reply with quote

"Security Concepts can kiss my ass, you're fired... ...YOU'VE HEARD ME FLACK, YOU'RE FIRED! GET OUT OF HERE!!!" ... hahaha, i always liked that part... Very Happy

RB 217

Damonzero
R-L5

R-L5

Comment: Bittersweet Bundle Of Misery

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:37 am Reply with quote

Player1 :
"Security Concepts can kiss my ass, you're fired... ...YOU'VE HEARD ME FLACK, YOU'RE FIRED! GET OUT OF HERE!!!" ... hahaha, i always liked that part... Very Happy

That will be one lousy statement made by an multibillion corp CEO.

nuff said.

RB 482

cake
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quote

DoktorNo :

And thats what I was going to say...

Beat me to it...

Evil or Very Mad

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote

RoboDuck :
DoktorNo :

And thats what I was going to say...

Beat me to it...

Evil or Very Mad
Don't worry, it is just confirming my theory, you know, by consensus... Smile

RB 523

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote

I thought the old man was kinda cool in Robocop. I didnt like the way they completley changed his personality in Robocp 2 - but then I didnt like alot of things in Robocp 2!

Не выбрана
RB 0

EC-209
This is my BOOM! stick

Sgt-L2

Comment: Come get some...

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:15 am Reply with quote

The best line the old man had in Robo2 was when Robo and and Cain are fighting and he say, "Behave yourselves." that part was hilarious.

RB 785

evildead-ash starwars-bobafett nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-blue-velvet nuke-black-thunder
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote

Yeah it sure was!
It was also fun at the end of the first movie when he was almost killed by Jones, how he just fixed his tie and was so calm...

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard