New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The Old Man Topic.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote

Old Man had too much power for anyone to dare to double cross him. Even Jones feared him. According to the script Old Man jumped from the sinking ship - http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/2010/12/old-man.html

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote

I kind of wish someone would write a graphic novel or book going over parts of the Old Mans life. Even the stuff before Robo came along, it seems like there would be some really good stuff in there to bring up. Or even do it Shadows Of The Empire style, and have a story of what happens between movies.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
According to the script Old Man jumped from the sinking ship

Robo2 frank miller script - Draft 1 :
Through a crackle of interference:

JESS PERKINS
--Senate investigation of OCP yields shocking evidence of conspiracy.

CASEY WONG
-- resignation of the entire executive board--

JESS PERKINS
-- Japanese corporation rumored to have put in a winning bid for the Detroit police department.

That draft deals with both Robo2 and Robo3 and as such the events take place at the end of RoboCop3. I feel the "conspiracy" and the board resigning have more to do with the rehab unit and forcing people out of their home, and killing them, than the RoboCain events in Robo2. As such I doubt there were many, if any, repercussions for the Old man immediately after Robo2.

Now would Dan O'Herlihy have stayed as the old man in RoboCop3 that would have ultimately been his fate but as it stands I'm not so sure.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:25 am Reply with quote

Oh I agree, I dont think anymore that RoboCain incident was directly responsible for OCP's demise, although I still think it was the start of it

RB 525

WeKilledYou

L-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
Oh I agree, I dont think anymore that RoboCain incident was directly responsible for OCP's demise, although I still think it was the start of it

The whole Robocop 2 program in general was a huge finnancial & commercial failure. I would imagine The Old Man looked at it as a way to cut some losses and turn things around to gain some serious profit and positive media attention. Obviously things didn't go as planned, on any level. So it definitely was the start of a slow tedious descent.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote

Well Im not sure. He saw the damages and someone as seasoned as the Old Man he had to know what its gonna cost. He didnt care about payments and all. "Its only money" he said, calm as can be. If I would have to pinpoint a reason behind OCP's demise, my bet would be the failure to deliver Delta City after years and years of promises. OCP put everything on DC

RB 525

WeKilledYou

L-L4

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
He saw the damages and someone as seasoned as the Old Man he had to know what its gonna cost. He didnt care about payments and all. "Its only money" he said, calm as can be.

I see what you're saying, but I also think that is just part of the Old Man's front and demeanor. If he was to openly show emotion or be worried in any way, people would look and think differently about him. He is obviously respected and feared, and maintaining the image that he and OCP are invincible are a huge part of it.

RB 1163

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote

But he did show concern and fear when asking about prosecution and jail time, but $ he completely shrugged off

RB 525

WeKilledYou

L-L4

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:59 pm Reply with quote

On a different note, I want to take the time to point out one of the Old Man's best moments in Robocop 2. When RoboCain first starts freaking out and Robo shows up in the theater. The Old Man yells out in perfect over dramatic fashion,"BEEEHAAAAVEEEEE YOURRRRSELVESSSSS!!!!" Seriously such an awesome moment and funny line Laughing Very Happy

RB 1163

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:45 am Reply with quote

The line that always have me burst out laughing is:

"We'll sue your asses"
"Give it your best shot"
"Fuck you! Fuck you you senile old bastard! Fuck you!"

lol

RB 525

WeKilledYou

L-L4

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote

I believe Stan and myself addressed the awesomeness of Mayor Kuzak in the 'good things thread', but he always deserves to be brought up again. That whole scene in general is just ridiculous and funny.

RB 1163

Primrose Lane
O-L1

O-L1

Comment: Can you do that, dad?

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:15 pm Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
I believe Stan and myself addressed the awesomeness of Mayor Kuzak in the 'good things thread', but he always deserves to be brought up again. That whole scene in general is just ridiculous and funny.

Same here, it always makes me laugh. Every single time!

RB 825

game-xbox baby-food emil-figure
ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:10 am Reply with quote

FUCK YOU ,YOU OLD SENILE BASTARD! This is Bullshit!! FUCK YOU! Bullshit...!

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
RegalSin
;

<font color=102457>;<font color=C0D9D9>

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:36 am Reply with quote

RC1: Just a decent CEO
RC2: He has the devil in his eyes. You might not notice it, but she kinda knew what she going to, go thru. He was also showing signs of being senile.
RCTV: He was basically an old cook, barely knew what was going on outside the corperate world. Keep in mind, he also made the note, that the company was started by himself.
RCMarvel: He was beyond evil, or even more terrible then Dick Jones. He would even insist on taking Robo offline

RC3: The replacement CEO, was that actor from a Dolly movie. The whole thing was feminist scapegoats.

RB 484

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard