New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: PD - What went wrong?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Comment: Listen to me,you FUCK!!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quote

In retrospect this could've been a great RoboCop mini-series, how could such potential go wrong? The basic storyline is good, RoboCop 10 years after activation, instead we get what amounts to a lousy soap opera. I felt the need to vent some disgust at what i was told was "a return to the dark, edgy and violent" universe that Robocop dwelled in the original film

10 years after activation,Murphy finds himself unwanted and outdated,while having to deal with not only a growing crime problem but the re-emergence into his life of 2 ghosts from the past : John Cable,his former partner and best friend,and James Murphy,his own son who has now become just another greedy executive of OCP....while at the same time OCP finds itself under siege from the inside,as a growing group of young executives plot a coupe that will lead to the greatest threat Delta City has ever faced as a sentient program built to make the City a paradise threatens to turn it to hell thanks to a madman from the past.....Can Murphy stop these threats while dealing with the resurrection of his friend as an enemy,and reconnect with his son before it's too late?

...i've found very little good in this besides Page Fletcher's Alex Murphy ,the RoboCable suit,and Damian,and the past between Murphy and Cable......the bad...wow...

Page Fletcher's RoboCop sucked,period...movements,the way he said his lines,stature.....

every one of the cast seemed on Prozac except for Cable....

special effects blew....

everytime Robo got hit with bullets he would start having seizures..what the hell?

Bone Machine had potential as a vigilante in DC....instead he's a small footnote....

the whole subplot involving the Legion virus and Kaydick almost feels like it was from another screenplay,and just shoehorned in...

(Edited for Frontpage)

RB 261

darkman-figure ultra6 ultra4 marvel-venom Batman89 remake1 rocketeer-figure
Justice
L-L2

L-L2

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quote

There is one answer and one only: Budget...

While I am not a fan of huge budgets, Robocop does demand at least a reasonable one so you don't go all "Power Rangers"

Bone Machine was a piece of crap... The name alone reminds me of a WWE wrestler. And lets not start about the costume and weapons. Seriously, the only person wearing a suit in Robocop should be the actor who plays Robocop. The rest should be either Stop Motion or CGI. Or regular folks...

RB 10471

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod auto9 lewis-figure robocop-figure1 police-sig-sauer police-shotgun
ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote

guess to me it felt like a tv show,not the "four feature-length movies!" as advertised....you're right,budget had a lot to do with this....not being able to hire any name/decent actors,not being able to do FX right....i mean,why bother? if you're not even going to attempt to do Robo right,don't do him at all....

RB 261

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Imagine if it was exactly the same...except Weller was Robocop.

Then it would have been fine.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote

I am not PD fan .. but my question is .. why they did not make just one part one film instead 4 the parts ... such budget would be better for one film than for another .. or they needed series ?! I saw it just one time .. maybe I should watch it again and get other opinions
.. but as I remember my first reaction when I saw the Fletcher ( as Robocop without helmet I made such face Shocked and said .. oh Jesus why this ?!

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:53 pm Reply with quote

4 movies equals 4 times the sales!

RB 1658

Law Giver
Law Master of Aquilonia

L-L4

Comment: Boob Snortin' and Dicky Boy

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:54 pm Reply with quote

This program was low budget imitation.

RB 723

judge-dredd-lawgiver conan-sword punisher-skull conan-sword2 terminator-skull Rambo-Knife
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:47 pm Reply with quote

My lasting thoughts about the series is that it could have been so much better if they just had put some effort in how RoboCop is supposed to move and react. A mime expert was hired on the movies for a reason, you can't just put anybody in the suit and think it's gonna look good.

Nika Silwerra :
I am not PD fan .. but my question is .. why they did not make just one part one film instead 4 the parts .

They had the tv-series rights, so they had to split it up in parts. As a result they could use, more or less, nothing from the movies, no ED-209 etc.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote

Well, amongst other things:

The basic story was terrible. It felt like a lengthened, darker Robocop 3, with some bargain basement fan fiction thrown in, just for fun!

I thought it ignored pretty much all the Robocop movies and created its own canon. I might have missed something though. Archive's explanation might have explained some things though. But still, I though there was no real connection to the movies. I can understand ignoring 3. Maybe 2, But 1?

It just felt dull to watch. It was slow. Mostly because they had 4 movies to do on 25p.

One of the lasting impressions that I have was the way poorly rendered bullet sparks hit Robo and he moves backwards trying to karate chop them or something. And yet no damage was ever made to the suit. :roll:

The Legion virus was a stupid idea. Bloody sci fi... >_>

The Middle East slum style street in the middle of Detroit was stupid. Why wouldn't OCP occasionally update Robo's technologies, just in case they are stuck for spare parts?

That's all I can think of.

Also, RoboPimp, I think it would have been bad, whoever was in the suit.

RB 710

cake
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote

JohnBoyAdvance :

Also, RoboPimp, I think it would have been bad, whoever was in the suit.

Well, maybe not great, but it still would have been loads better. Fletcher is an ass.

RB 1658

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:58 am Reply with quote

I think my main problem was Fletcher.

If someone else was in the suit, say Eden, it might be a bit more watchable...

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
DoktorNo
Internal Troops Officer

L-L5

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:38 am Reply with quote

I did't watched this movie, so I restrain from any comment about it, but when I saw screenshot of "Bone Machine", I couldn't restrain myself from laughing, and after that, from embarassment...

RB 523

booze dvd-robocop1 dvd-robocop2 game-ds southpark-cartman indianajones-figure Doom
ElectricSoul
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quote

you think he looks bad in the suit...you should see him UNDER the suit.....i swear i used to live next door to him....

RB 261

Kamen Rider
L-L4

L-L4

Comment: Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quote

RoboDuck :
I think my main problem was Fletcher.

If someone else was in the suit, say Eden, it might be a bit more watchable...

I agree. That was the same problem I had with PD. I think they should have tried really hard to get Eden to wear the suit one last time. I recently watched the pilot movie for RoboCop The Series, and thought it wasn't that bad, Eden performed well as RoboCop, yeah, he didn't kill anybody, but that's how TV was at the time, I believe Walker, Texas Ranger was considered the most violent show on TV at the time, I'm sure had RoboCop The Series been made now, it could be as violent as 24.

Also, if they weren't allowed to use sound effects from the movie because of having only the rights to The Series, then they could have at least had used The Series sound effects, at least the sound effects for the movements.

RB 1522

ironman robocop-figure3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard